PDA

View Full Version : What about Believe when the castle closes?

DonaldDuck14
03-15-2004, 03:46 PM
well for one, ionno why disney decides to do a facelift on the castle during the summer season, i don't see why they could have done it during this current off-season. (just shows you how well the managemnet thought about this idea) But anyways, with the castle going to be ugly and covered up during all of summer, that poses a question for the Believe firework show. Would that mean the castle won't be lit up during the show and would that mean the special firework effect around the castle won't be appearing during the summer? I wanna hear your views or even answers to this conclusion.

AVP
03-15-2004, 04:16 PM
Believe is scheduled to return in April, and I have *heard* that there will be no Castle pyro for the summer show.

AVP

happyhaunts999
03-15-2004, 04:28 PM
With all the changes in management in the last year there were no set plans for the castle. But now that the new management is in place they are having to scramble to make up for the lack of preperation of the last people. I think it will all be worth while when it is done and it is ready to kick off the 50th celebration. It does suck that it will not be around this summer but oh well such is life.

GoldenEars
03-15-2004, 06:13 PM
As an AP, I'm not upset that the castle will be all covered or how it will look during the fireworks, because I know in the end it will be so worth it! I'm just thrilled that Disney is getting so much done this year and making sure Disneyland looks beautiful for their 50th anniversary celebration!

So in my opinion, let them close down as many rides/attractions as they want, cover up the castle, put up walls, or whatever it takes. Because even tho some of you may be a bit irritated over all the construction going on or the inconvenience of it all...just think, once the celebration gets on it's way in 2005, we'll all be VERY happy and pleased at the results of what Disney has done to make the original Park looking it's best again (at least that's what we're all hoping for!)

The only real downside to all this, is how it looks to *real* guests paying to get into Disneyland (as opposed to us AP's). It's a shame that they have to witness all the construction and down time the rides/attractions are getting this year. Because I know some guests (families) save up for this big day for years. But hopefully they'll understand and it will get them to come back to the *happiest homecoming on earth* next year! :D

Patrick

ChipmunkStar
03-15-2004, 06:29 PM
Eh, the WDW guests had it worse with the Castle Cake....

Disneyfreak
03-15-2004, 06:35 PM
Why do people insist on staying in front of the castle for the fireworks? That is like the worst spot for them because your view is blocked and there are tons of people there. The best place is on top of innoventions on the right side facing the subs. You get music and everything up there.:)