PDA

View Full Version : DCA With a Neck Injury?

Niwel
03-15-2004, 01:19 PM
My family/extended family will be going to DCA for the first time this weekend -- and my cousin's girlfriend has some sort of neck injury. I'm not sure what kind, my uncle was the one who told me this. My uncle asked if there were still things she could do there. I told him DCA was a great place to go if you couldn't go on a ride ;) (All of Hollywood, Tough to be a Bug, Seasons of the Vine, Bakery, tortilla, Golden Dreams, Caroussel --possibly --, nonswinging sun wheel cars)

But my grandmother then said, "I hope she can do Soarin', it shouldn't hurt her neck."
I've been on it a lot and I know the movements are very smooth, but I wouldn't want her to really injure herself. Thought? Suggestions?
I'm hoping she will be better in the next five days....

lisap
03-15-2004, 01:27 PM
I guess it would depend on what kind of injury--and whether she is wearing a brace (if that's what they call it). I would think Soarin' would be an okay thing to try--but I'm no doctor, obviously ;). She should probably check with her doctor before she comes.

Oh--and the animation building is a good non-ride as well--also Aladdin, and the muppets.

jafar
03-15-2004, 01:44 PM
I think that if she can safely ride in a car to the park, she'll have no problem with Soarin'. The g-forces experienced stopping, starting, and turning in a car are much more forceful than the gentle movements on Soarin'.

MotorBoat Cruiser
03-15-2004, 03:52 PM
California Screamin' would be the one ride there that I would be a little nervous about. Other than that, most should be pretty mellow. Soarin doesn't really put any strain on any part of your body. You just sort of dangle there and look at the scenery. Depending on the injury, she might not be able to look around quite as much though.

Having said that, a fear of heights would possibly be more of a concern. :)

Not Afraid
03-15-2004, 04:22 PM
I have had various neck and back problems over the years, and Soarin' is great. Screaming, Maliboomer, Grizley - those she should avoid.

David R
03-15-2004, 04:56 PM
And Mullohand, it has very sharp turns.