PDA

View Full Version : Fantasmic and Finale - Never the Twain Shall Meet

innerSpaceman
03-15-2004, 07:17 AM
Has anybody been wondering why, after completing a major refurbishment which has it cruising 'round the Rivers of America once again, the Mark Twain has not yet been featured in the Fantasmic finale?

I mean Fantasmic is a great show and all. But the finale is, I dare to say, a vital and uber-important part of the spectacle - and without the Twain, it sorta falls flat - dontcha think?

Here's my "theory": While the Mark Twain was undergoing refurb, the major project was the replacement of the entire keel of the ship. Well, even though the new keel is many times heavier than the old one, Disney engineers (no, not imagineers - engineers) failed to figure that the added weight would significantly slow the passage of the Mark Twain.

Turns out that the grand old ship just can't seem to make it around that bend in the river during the Fantasmic finale before the waters run with flames. This is a slight timing error which could result in, um, the Mark Twain catching fire and burning to a cinder while Mary Poppins, Steamboat Willie, several dwarfs and many other characters leap overboard for dear life.

Here's hoping they work this out real soon. Fantasmic is just not the same (cough)not-worth-it(cough) without the Mark Twain finale.

stan4d_steph
03-15-2004, 07:52 AM
According to this post (http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?postid=358760#post358760) by BornieoTheLoveBug the Mark Twain was used in the Fantasmic! finale on Friday, March 5th.

DCAWhites
03-15-2004, 08:19 AM
Well, they could always do more extensive timing of the show to work in the mark twain, but that would take a while.

seattlemom
03-15-2004, 09:39 AM
The Mark Twain was in the finale on Feb 27th, which was pretty cool since I had balcony tickets and had never seen Fantasmic with the Mark Twain before.

cstephens
03-15-2004, 09:43 AM
Originally posted by innerSpaceman
Fantasmic is just not the same (cough)not-worth-it(cough) without the Mark Twain finale.

While I think Fantasmic is much less without the Mark Twain finale, I would disagree that it's not worth it without it. Even without the Twain, there are so many other elements of Fantasmic that I love.

Durliin
03-15-2004, 11:13 AM
The mark Twain has not been in fantasmic becasue during the Rehab they replaced some pantoons on the boat and they are to heavy causing the the Twain to not go fast enough for the show..... thats wht the Twain was down all lastweek to remove those pantoons....

Not Afraid
03-15-2004, 11:45 AM
Originally posted by stan4d_steph
According to this post (http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?postid=358760#post358760) by BornieoTheLoveBug the Mark Twain was used in the Fantasmic! finale on Friday, March 5th.

Yes, it was used briefly, however it will need further adjustments before it can be used again.

Hopefully, they will find the magin solution soon.

Moonliner
03-15-2004, 12:02 PM
Originally posted by seattlemom
I had balcony tickets

Could you please expand on this?

How, where, how much, etc... Thanks.

stan4d_steph
03-15-2004, 12:04 PM
Originally posted by Not Afraid
Yes, it was used briefly, however it will need further adjustments before it can be used again. I was responding to the statement (emphasis mine): "Has anybody been wondering why, after completing a major refurbishment...the Mark Twain has not yet been featured in the Fantasmic finale?"

Hopefully they will resolve the problem. If they can't re-engineer the boat, perhaps they can change the timing of the musical sequence to insert the necessary seconds.

For anyone who did see the Twain since it's refurb. did you notice anything different about the show?

BornieoTheLoveBug
03-15-2004, 12:39 PM
OMG! I've been quoted. Someone call the press!

Anyway, I'll have to review the video of that Fantasmic show to be 100%, but I don't remember seeing anything out of the ordinary when the MT went by. I think I've seen it enough times to know if anything was odd.

Not Afraid
03-15-2004, 03:55 PM
Originally posted by stan4d_steph
Hopefully they will resolve the problem. If they can't re-engineer the boat, perhaps they can change the timing of the musical sequence to insert the necessary seconds.

Talk to Monsieur Elusive about this He has some very good reasons that can't be done.

Ghoulish Delight
03-15-2004, 05:47 PM
Originally posted by Moonliner
Could you please expand on this?

How, where, how much, etc... Thanks. I believe the tickets are around $45. There are 2 options for premium seating. The balcony is the one accessible from the Disney Gallery. The other option down "river level" on the little rise approximately behind the smoking area (I think a little to the right of it). They serve a desert buffet. I'm not sure where to buy tickets, but I'm sure someone here can fill you in, or you can ask at City Hall, the info booth, or the Gallery.

happyhaunts999
03-15-2004, 06:01 PM
On a website i'm not sure which one they showed pictures of fantasmic and the mark twain was in the finale. The pictures were taken in march according to the website.

Cadaverous Pallor
03-15-2004, 06:13 PM
FYI, the Twain was running today, but I don't know if they used it in F!.

Moonliner
03-15-2004, 06:32 PM
Originally posted by Ghoulish Delight
I believe the tickets are around $45. There are 2 options for premium seating. The balcony is the one accessible from the Disney Gallery. The other option down "river level" on the little rise approximately behind the smoking area (I think a little to the right of it). They serve a desert buffet. I'm not sure where to buy tickets, but I'm sure someone here can fill you in, or you can ask at City Hall, the info booth, or the Gallery.

Thanks! Of course once I knew what to look for (fantasmic & premium) I found a mouseplanet page all about it...

http://www.mouseplanet.com/kevin/ky010510.htm

I hereby decree mouseplanet is "The happiest place in cyberspace"