PDA

View Full Version : Matterhorn Bobs....

rexfarms
10-15-2001, 05:41 PM
I was walking past the Matterhorn, (have to go that way, b/c they have Fantasyland shut off) and I saw a new Bobsled that was still in plastic wrap. They looked really nice. I hope they stay like that. Almost everything that I saw was wrapped. Even the track. I hope they dont screw this one up. Anybody know of anything new on this subject?

innerSpaceman
10-15-2001, 05:45 PM
Sorry, no answer on that, Rex, but another question:

When they reopen the Horn and it's all set up for fastpass, will one track be standby and the other track be fastpass? Matterhorn is, after all, unique in Disneyland in that it has two distinctly different ride experiences with what has heretofore been two separate lines. Will standby mean the track with the dip and fast pass mean the one that goes back inside the mountain after the splashdown (or vice-versa)?

rexfarms
10-15-2001, 05:47 PM
Good Question

Ralph Wiggum
10-15-2001, 05:54 PM
I have a feeling..and this is pure speculation...that the two lines (fastpass and stand-by) will converge at the center and they will let you choose which side you want to go to.

DisneylandKid
10-15-2001, 06:02 PM
Originally posted by Ralph Wiggum
I have a feeling..and this is pure speculation...that the two lines (fastpass and stand-by) will converge at the center and they will let you choose which side you want to go to. I hope so.

HBTiggerFan
10-15-2001, 06:17 PM
I don't know if this is true or not, but a CM friend of mine told me that Matterhorn will not be getting fastpass.

Also I was riding the Monorail over from DTD and the wrapped sleads looked like the old ones. I am probably wrong cause I wasn't looking that hard. Hope I am wrong on both accounts.

Mouse
10-15-2001, 06:53 PM
I noticed the same thing about the bobsleds as HB. I don't think they are new at all. I think that they are just the old bobsleds covered in plastic to protect the paint from the renovation.

DisneylandKid
10-15-2001, 07:07 PM
I hope they are new...and I hope we are getting Fastpass™.

rexfarms
10-15-2001, 07:29 PM
Originally posted by Mouse
I noticed the same thing about the bobsleds as HB. I don't think they are new at all. I think that they are just the old bobsleds covered in plastic to protect the paint from the renovation.

You know what, it was prolly just new paint. I never really paid much attention to the sleds themselves.

DisneylandBoy
10-15-2001, 08:20 PM
Two things:

One: I hope Matterhorn is getting FP.

Two: I hope they let us pick which track we go on.

That is all.

awinner
10-15-2001, 10:30 PM
I was told that it will not get a fastpass, because technically the ride is in fantasy land, and no rides in fantasy land have FP's. I was told that they are trying to refurbish the inner structure of the mountain as it would be too expensive to rebuild it.

Nigel2
10-15-2001, 10:52 PM
Well techincally there is one FP in fantasyland, Its a Small World Holiday has a FP. Speaking of that does WDW have small world holiday?

awinner
10-15-2001, 11:14 PM
when did they install or when are they going to install FP's on Small World? I have not seen them

9oldmen
10-15-2001, 11:34 PM
During the " it's a small world holiday" period, the attraction definitely had fast pass. Either that, or Nigel2 and I are both delusional.

coronamouseman
10-15-2001, 11:58 PM
Let's hope the Matterhorn never gets a Fastpass because:

1. The lines are usually less than 30 minutes without Fastpass and most likely would be longer on Standby if Fastpass was available (remember the CM who said in another thread that of every 10 people admitted to an FP attraction 7 were Fastpass?)
2. The proximity to Space Mountain with it's usual 1-2 hour delay for Fastpass returns makes the Matterhorn a close, convenient and entertaining place to spend part of that delay time (in fact, one can most often easily get on both sides of the Matterhorn and go on Star Tours during the 1-2 hour time interval before a Space Mountain Fastpass can be used.)

Matterhorn Fan
10-16-2001, 03:39 AM
Yes, SmallWorld Holiday had FP last Christmas.

Can anyone tell if the Matterhorn queue area will be moved back to hugging the mountain rather than snaking around in the front?

awinner--I like your avatar. hehe

awinner
10-16-2001, 09:14 AM
OT:

When we goto DLR, we bring our dog Jackson, he wears his ears through the esplanade and tram ride...he gets alot of attention...I wish he could go on the Matterhorn (there...I kept to the subject)

Thomas
10-16-2001, 10:08 AM
Originally posted by coronamouseman
Let's hope the Matterhorn never gets a Fastpass because:

1. The lines are usually less than 30 minutes without Fastpass and most likely would be longer on Standby if Fastpass was available (remember the CM who said in another thread that of every 10 people admitted to an FP attraction 7 were Fastpass?)
2. The proximity to Space Mountain with it's usual 1-2 hour delay for Fastpass returns makes the Matterhorn a close, convenient and entertaining place to spend part of that delay time (in fact, one can most often easily get on both sides of the Matterhorn and go on Star Tours during the 1-2 hour time interval before a Space Mountain Fastpass can be used.)

I agree!!! No FastPass for Matterhorn.

Sheila
10-16-2001, 10:15 AM
Originally posted by Nigel2
Well techincally there is one FP in fantasyland, Its a Small World Holiday has a FP. Speaking of that does WDW have small world holiday?

Nope!

Sheila

Napsto
10-16-2001, 01:32 PM
the matterorn is a great ride, it is so much more fun when it snkes arun the moutain.

Nigel2
10-16-2001, 01:56 PM
I could see them removing the one side of the line that goes alon the parade route since they have to close it off (usually) during parades, but removing the Tomorrowland side seems odd to me.

Ralph Wiggum
10-16-2001, 03:44 PM
Maybe they are planning something for the lagoon and that side of the mountain. Wishful thinking but you never know :)

Morrigoon
10-17-2001, 06:20 PM
I really prefer the line around the mountain. Keeps the spot behind the matterhorn quieter (USED to be one of my fave spots in the park). Also, waiting in line is much more pleasant when you have a mountain to one side, and peoplewatching to the other. Snaking cues make me want to moo.