PDA

View Full Version : Cool little things that really make you smile.

MonorailMan
03-13-2004, 01:59 PM
What are some of your favorite things that CMs do, that are very small, but give you a huge smile?

For me, I really chuckle when a CM sets the wait time for "13 Minutes". Small, little, but cool. :cool:

MotorBoat Cruiser
03-13-2004, 04:20 PM
We had a cast member play a Disney trivia game with us while waited for the monorail. He made sure that there was combination of hard questions and also very simple ones so that everyone had a chance to answer. He was very sweet and the little girls in front of us really loved it!

Mr. Fusion
03-13-2004, 04:48 PM
Depending on the mood I'm in and how they say it, I always get a kick out of a CM who thanks me by saying, "Have a magical day!"

However, I've always found it amusing whenever a parking tram CM goes off on the loudspeaker as if he just came back from working the Jungle Cruise. Only a few starting doing it these days, so keep your eyes ears peeled!

-Mr. Fusion

happyhaunts999
03-13-2004, 09:39 PM
I like the CM's who have been working there many years. You know the ones with the grey hair. They seem to love there jobs and really make you feel welcome at the Happiest Place on Earth.

mousketeer
03-13-2004, 10:26 PM
I'd have to say the ones who truely love their low paying jobs with stagnat bureaucratic management and bleak futures of advancement. Those are the true members of the cast, the rest are merely employees.

millionairegirl
03-14-2004, 07:14 AM
I like the little touches in the park - like playing checkers at the market house on Main Street, or the chitter chatter coming from the windows.

And seeing a 'little princess' meet her real life counterpart always make me grin.

Cancer Norm
03-14-2004, 07:23 AM
Originally posted by millionairegirl
I like the little touches in the park - like playing checkers at the market house on Main Street, or the chitter chatter coming from the windows.

Also in the Market House, the telephones where you listen in the the conversation....very funny-very Disneyland.
:D

tod
03-14-2004, 09:36 AM
The band concerts on a weekend morning with characters and guests interacting.

The wonder in children's eyes when the clock in front of "it's a small world" goes off.

The beep-beep when a tram or monorail gets ready to move.

--t

toethumbs555
03-14-2004, 10:24 AM
we had this supa cool guy working jungle cruise one time and he never stopped talking, until we entered "the jungle of akward silence..." and he kept singing that song from willy wonka when they're going on a boat ride (is it raining, is it snowing, is a hurricane a-blowing...) he was CRAZY!!! I couldn't stop laughing

disneydreams
03-14-2004, 10:36 AM
That sounds like Maynard...though I've never seen him before. :(

Did he look like this? (http://www-scf.usc.edu/~clamb/maynard.htm) (*from Moorigoon's website :D)

Hmm, in December '03, I wore this black newsboy cap/hat. At the front gate, when I reached the front, the CM working there, was like "hey nice hat!". The next day, he was there again, and said "You again! How are you today?" lol

And I was about to take a photo of ToT, about 3-5 CMs were passing by, and they saw me about to take a photo, and they were like "Hey! Wanna have us in the picture too?!" and struck a pose. :rolleyes: :cool:

toethumbs555
03-14-2004, 10:57 AM
That sounds like Maynard...though I've never seen him before.
Did he look like this? (*from Moorigoon's website )

no, this guy was younger, I've never seen him before that day

rentayenta
03-14-2004, 11:56 AM
Last time we went to DL we had much at the French Market(name?) in NO square. The band had just finished playing and had ran out of bead necklaces. My little girl was soooo upset. One of the cashier's gave her the beads that she was wearing. My daughter was so happy.

rentayenta
03-14-2004, 11:56 AM
much=lunch when you are sleep deprived ;)

Boingonut
03-17-2004, 12:46 PM
The guy playing the piano on main street talked to my family for about an hour about DL and Walt, I found out a lot of inside info. He also had a letter that Walt wrote about the park during constution that he showed us and then he made a copys of it for us to take home, it was great!!!:)

Cancer Norm
03-17-2004, 02:03 PM
Originally posted by slw1138
The guy playing the piano on main street

Could you be refering to Rod Miller at the Coca Cola Corner? :D

Mickeyslittlehelper
03-17-2004, 03:04 PM
If an AP holder, I like it when you enter and they call you by your first name and say welcome back :D

LSPoorEeyorick
03-17-2004, 04:29 PM
I appreciate when characters notice that an adult with some sort of photographable trinket (like, say, a ceramic turkey-shaped soup tourrine) has been waiting patiently, and make sure that no more children are shoved in front of said turkey-holder. This is, of course, hypothetical. ;)

Also, I like it when little Minnies meet big Mickeys. I once saw the cutest family of little girls all dressed up as Minnie with their hair in buns that looked like ears... character Minnie left her line to have her photograph taken with character Mickey and all the little Minnies, and it was darn tootin' adorable.

kijay
03-17-2004, 05:10 PM
We had been to Universal and my son had gotten a I survived the Jurassic Park ride the previous day. When we went on the Haunted Mansion, the CM made a real show to my son about how he survived Jurassic Park, but he wouldn't survive the Mansion. It was really neat that this CM took the time to notice my son, and it really made his day. That is what Disney difference is to me, that this CM took the time on a real busy day to relate with my son and make him feel special. :D

wendybeth
03-17-2004, 05:22 PM
When they use sign language with my daughter- she is fairly auditory, but in crowds her hearing drops to nil. She was delighted to know the characters and cm's all seem to know a bit of sign.:cool:

poohbunnieshutch
03-17-2004, 07:37 PM
John Walsh as he spreads pixie dust magic for special guests and how he makes every guest feel extra special!