PDA

View Full Version : Pirates of the Caribbean Refurbishment only 4 days long!

Pages : [1] 2

Disneyfreak
03-12-2004, 05:33 PM
This is ridiculous that Pirates only gets a four day refurbishment this year. Usually it is a month. You would think after the big thunder incident that they would be doing more work then just water replacement. There would be no way they could maintenance anything in 4 days. I noticed that the lift needs serious work because it seemed very rough like it was having a hard time getting up the hill. Also the fog needs to be turned up in the battle scene like it used to be. Also has anyone noticed lately that there are very annoying bright exit signs in the dark area before the battle scene? They sure distract from the whole experience. Although they have dimmed it a little it is still way to distracting.

splashmtngurl
03-12-2004, 05:50 PM
yeah and considering the fact that it gets really grimy and gross you would think that it would deserve a little more cleaning......as a huge disney fan it really disgusts me to see Disneyland going downhill as it is! i dont know if its because its under the management of Micheal Isner or what but it is upsetting! :mad:

Ghoulish Delight
03-12-2004, 05:52 PM
It went down within the last year for an extended, major refurb. I doubt it's time for anything that extensive yet.

Disneyfreak
03-12-2004, 05:57 PM
It may have been down for an extensive one last year but that was a year ago. Its like saying I got a tune up on my car therefore I shouldn't get my oil changed for 6000 miles instead of 3000. Assumptions like that cause accidents like Big Thunder.

happyhaunts999
03-12-2004, 06:19 PM
What the heck are you serious??? There is no way a serious accident could happen in pirates have you seen how slow it goes. It moves less than five miles an hour. Plus the major rehab was more than enough, they do upkeep on this ride every night. One more thing most people complain that rides are refurbed to often and that there is not enough to do at the park, now you complain because they are not refurbing this for long enough. Give me a break make up your minds. I'm glad it's only going down for 4 days it means it will be open when I'm there in may.

CoasterMatt
03-12-2004, 08:58 PM
The deadliest ride in Disneyland history is still the People(Re)mover, look how slowly it moved...

zapppop
03-12-2004, 09:56 PM
Originally posted by Disneyfreak
This is ridiculous that Pirates only gets a four day refurbishment this year. Usually it is a month. You would think after the big thunder incident that they would be doing more work then just water replacement. There would be no way they could maintenance anything in 4 days.

There is no maintenance in pirates that would require more than 4 days.

Any more questions ?

Not Afraid
03-12-2004, 10:51 PM
Originally posted by Ghoulish Delight
It went down within the last year for an extended, major refurb. I doubt it's time for anything that extensive yet.

Darling dear sweetheart....haven't you noticed the little driping spots? I saw TWO areas that were driping - the usual spot and another spot across from the first scene.

You must pay more attention!:fez:

Polar33
03-13-2004, 01:16 AM
Facinating...I go to work and people complain that there are too many things closed and things are closed for too long. I go online and people complain that more things need to close and need to be closed longer.

Not that I disagree with either of these statements...I'm just farily amused at the different perspectives. :D

happyhaunts999
03-13-2004, 08:01 AM
Coaster Matt, there is a big difference between the people mover and Pirates first of all with people mover you were 20ft in the air and it was bumper to bumper trafic you could fall out onto the track and get run over instantly. But with pirates the worst that would happen is you fall out into 1 1/2 feet of water. Oh ya if they don't upkeep the pirates they might just jump off there platform and murder an unsuspecting guest. I do not believe there has ever been an injury on pirates except for maybe someone being dumb and standing up in the boat and falling out of the boat.

THE REF
03-13-2004, 08:25 AM
Life jackets are being added to each passenger compartment. Shouldn't take more than 4 days tops.

splashmtngurl
03-13-2004, 10:25 AM
personally i thik that it could use some cleaning though....maybe it will only take a while but last month i was going through the battle scene and felt something brush against my shoulder.....believe it or not but it was a real spider web with a real spider in it! kinda gross if you ask me! it just needs a little spring cleaning and then i have no further complaints! :)

BJW
03-13-2004, 09:00 PM
Originally posted by happyhaunts999
I do not believe there has ever been an injury on pirates except for maybe someone being dumb and standing up in the boat and falling out of the boat. I believe there was an incident in Pirates two years ago when the boat jumped forward while at the loading dock and people were getting in. One woman holding a baby fell forward and hit her forehead. Thankfully, the baby was unharmed. I heard it was the fault of the CM working the ride controls, because he wasn't paying attention.

safetybar
03-14-2004, 11:36 AM
those bright exit signs in the cave have been dimmed.

Icy Bacon
03-14-2004, 12:46 PM
From what I've heard all they really do on a Pirates short rehab is replace the loading belts and maybe the lift chain.

With so many boats there is probably a constant rehab on one or two boats like with Indy and California Screamin.

The whole ride doesn't seem in quite the same condition it was a couple years ago though, especially with the fog.

toethumbs555
03-14-2004, 03:27 PM
maybe the reason it's so run down now is because a lot of peoplestarted to go on it since the movie came out

cemeinke
03-14-2004, 04:07 PM
When I last rode a couple weeks ago things seemed fine to me. Heck both the goat and donkey were back from their extended vacations.

splashmtngurl
03-14-2004, 07:41 PM
thats interesting, do you know what happened to the CM? did he get sacked or was he lost in "zone world"? lol!

Disneyfreak
03-14-2004, 09:50 PM
I can list things that need to be taken care of.

1. Loading area is so bumpy I get a headache. There is definately something wrong with the treds.

2. Water needs replacement.

3. AA need to be worked on.

4. Painting

5. Drops need to be checked.

6. Special Effects like the shadows in the battle scene need to be fixed.

7. More Fog

8. Lift needs work. It seems like it is having trouble and this is what concerns me the most. It seems like it can fail.

9. Water Damage to the roof.

10. Last time I went the scroll with the pirates of the caribbean on it wasnt working.

BJW
03-15-2004, 01:00 AM
Originally posted by splashmtngurl
thats interesting, do you know what happened to the CM? did he get sacked or was he lost in "zone world"? lol! Actually, it seems like I remember reading somewhere (possibly in one of Al's columns) that he was terminated. Anyone else here remember any of the details about this?

Slate
03-15-2004, 05:51 AM
Pirates is one of Disneys most popular rides. They will at all cost try to keep it up year round. So when they have to maintain it they schedule a mega-man team with 100% efficiency to fix it in as little time as possible. I am sure they are doing the job of weeks in 4 days.

To much complaining on this website. :eek:

happyhaunts999
03-15-2004, 07:00 AM
Originally posted by Slate

To much complaining on this website. :eek: [/B]

Here Here. I agree stop the complaining. You can't have your cake and eat it to.

HBTiggerFan
03-15-2004, 11:06 AM
Less fog! I hate the fog, I can't breathe! To humid!

Originaly posted by SlatePirates is one of Disneys most popular rides. They will at all cost try to keep it up year round. So when they have to maintain it they schedule a mega-man team with 100% efficiency to fix it in as little time as possible. I am sure they are doing the job of weeks in 4 days.

At all costs... Much like Presslers "we must ride these rides to failure" statement? A mega-man team?! You're sure they're doing it in 4 days?

Gee, wouldn't it be nice if we all knew why PotC was only being down for 4 days? Instead of speculating from a small amount of maintence to a mega-man team being brought in to fix up the ride. What happened to closing it so the numbers would come back (like BTMRR, SM and Indy)?

Disneyfreak
03-15-2004, 01:01 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by HB Tigger Fan
[B]Less fog! I hate the fog, I can't breathe! To humid!

What a baby. The fog is the best part. Its people like you that ruin stuff like the fog.

Not Afraid
03-15-2004, 03:59 PM
Originally posted by Disneyfreak
[QUOTE]Originally posted by HB Tigger Fan
[B]Less fog! I hate the fog, I can't breathe! To humid!

What a baby. The fog is the best part. Its people like you that ruin stuff like the fog.

Unfortunately, there are MEDICAL reasons why some people can't deal with the fog. Having bad allergies or astma is not the same as being a baby. OK?

About the complaining....get over it. We all do it at one point or another.