PDA

View Full Version : Tips please

rentayenta
03-12-2004, 05:31 PM
I am hoping for some help. We will be going to DL and DCA at the end of March. We will be able to spend 3 days. I have 3 kids ages 7, 5 and 2.5. They have all been to DL but never to DCA. I am looking for some of your expertise and advice concerning what we shouldn't miss. I have already made reservations for the Blue Bayou. Forone of the days I will have the three kids by myself. Thank you so much.

Disneyfreak
03-12-2004, 05:40 PM
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO dont go at the end of march. Go on April 2, 3, or 4. You will get so much more for your money on those days. They will have Indiana Jones running, Dumbo, they will have believe (firework show), and the park will close at 12 instead of 11.:) You will regret it if you dont go during those days. It is the first time in like 6 months that almost everything will be working. The only thing that wont be is Space Mountain.

rentayenta
03-12-2004, 05:44 PM
Bummer. We can't change the dates. Hubby has to be back to work. I was just checking out the refurbishment schedule...boohoo.

Any other ideas since we have to go at the end of March?

We should have never left So Cal for Utahrd. I miss it!

Andrew
03-12-2004, 06:41 PM
March 28 is MouseAdventure (http://www.mouseplanet.com/mouseadventure/), when 100 teams (upwards of 300 somewhat crazed people) will be quick-walking around Disneyland for three hours doing strange things like counting bricks and staring at windows. It can be quite entertaining to watch.

splashmtngurl
03-12-2004, 06:47 PM
really as long as the KIDS see the bigs life show, ride the carousel, ride the ferris wheel and do some of those things that are a little more little kid oriented they should be fine! but for you adults you really cant miss the Maliboomer and California Screamin cause they are classics....aslo GRR is a have to as well as SOC you should get what you want.....then what ever time you have left after those things i suggest doing fantasy land and the big things like POTC and HM and IJ and TR....dont ,iss the mainstreet shop or the train ride!

HAVE A GREAT TRIP!:p

splashmtngurl
03-12-2004, 06:49 PM
*bugs life

*miss

*Shops!

LOL! srry about that!

Bruce Bergman
03-12-2004, 08:41 PM
Originally posted by splashmtngurl
*bugs life
*miss
*Shops!
LOL! srry about that!

This is why there's a "Preview Reply" button on the message composition page, so you can proofread, and see if your smilies ;) page composition, spoilers, colors, fonts and other stuff worked the way you intended - before you hit the "Submit Reply" button to make it permanent and world-viewable.

And if you don't see the "misteak" :p until after it's posted :eek: you can still hit the "edit/delete" button and fix it.

:fez: --<< Bruce >>--

rentayenta
03-13-2004, 05:39 AM
Can't wait to see the MouseAdventure people. At least I'll know what's going on when I see large groups of people staring at a brick wall.

IJ will be closed :(

In all my younger years at Disney we never ate at the Blue Bayou, so we are doing that for sure.
Haven't seen Fantasmic either.

We haven't been to DCA. I am really looking forward to it.

mamabot
03-13-2004, 06:03 AM
The "It's Tough to be a Bug" 4-D movie can be frightening for small children. There are quite a few startle moments that scare children.

The Muppets 3-D movie is not quite as scary.

Have a great time!

splashmtngurl
03-13-2004, 10:29 AM
thanks for the tip about editing! lol and yeah i forgot about the startling moments in the Bugs life show.....maybe the muppets would be a better way to go.....depends on what the kids like!:p

rentayenta
03-13-2004, 11:04 AM
The shows sound great, thank you. We haven't been to DCA. My 5 y/o is tiny so there are so many things that she can't ride. The baby is 2.5 and just wants to see Buzz.

Thanks for the info.

splashmtngurl
03-13-2004, 11:12 AM
aslo in DL fantasmic is Re-Opening it might be showing during your trip you should check i am going in may and i know its playing then.............................

:p :p :p Hailey:p :p :p
(disney park guide author)

stan4d_steph
03-13-2004, 11:33 AM
Originally posted by rentayenta
The shows sound great, thank you. We haven't been to DCA. My 5 y/o is tiny so there are so many things that she can't ride. The baby is 2.5 and just wants to see Buzz. There's a Buzz Lightyear show in Tomorrowland you should watch if your 2 yo likes Buzz. It's not really that entertaining for adults, but Buzz fans should really enjoy it.

splashmtngurl
03-13-2004, 12:07 PM
in that case, if he likes buzz he may also enjoy spinning around in the astro orbitor rockets just like buzz does in his rocket@ lol! my 4 year old son has always loved that one!

:p :p :p Hailey:p :p :p
(disney park guide author)

rentayenta
03-13-2004, 06:40 PM
Thank Hailey. We can't miss the Buzz show. Is there any other Toy Story stuff? There use to be a Woody's Round Up show that was really cute. Do they have the Woody and Jesse characters?

It is looking like DCA may not be a great option for us. So many of the rides have height req.

kijay
03-13-2004, 07:05 PM
If you haven't seen Fantasmic, check into the balcony seating at the Disney Gallery. I did it with my wife and kids in 2001 and it was truly spectacular. It cost $40/person at the time (which I'm sure has gone up by now), but it was worth every penny. There is a very limited number of seats on the balcony and you get a wonderful dessert buffet with it. (the cheesecakes were incredible). I believe they now take reservations in advance, so check with guest relations or with the trusty mouspadders here to tell you how to sign up. We did the early show, and were allowed to stay through the fireworks afterward. You have a straight ahead view of the Fantasmic show, and you don't have to sit on that hard concrete. Truly magical experience that we have relived countless times on tape.:D

stan4d_steph
03-13-2004, 07:21 PM
We can't miss the Buzz show. Is there any other Toy Story stuff? There use to be a Woody's Round Up show that was really cute. Do they have the Woody and Jesse characters?

It is looking like DCA may not be a great option for us. So many of the rides have height req. Woody's Roundup isn't playing anymore, but Woody and Jesse usually do meet and greet throughout the day in Frontierland, typically near the Golden Horseshoe Theater.

Your kids might like doing the rides in A Bug's Land at DCA. The whole area was designed for kids. There aren't as many rides for younger children at DCA, that's for sure.

EandCDad
03-13-2004, 08:52 PM
It is looking like DCA may not be a great option for us. So many of the rides have height req.

At DCA your kids might enjoy the following:

Animation Building
Muppets 3-D
Aladdin stage show
Bugs Land (bumper cars, the train, dumbo type flying ride, teacup like ride)
Golden Zephyr
King Triton's Carousel
Redwood Challange Trail
Electrical Parade
Sun Wheel (get the non-rocking car)
Soarin (for the seven year old and maybe the 5 year old)
Playhouse Disney Show

Certainly not the quality of a Disneyland trip, but it should keep you relatively busy, have fun.

rentayenta
03-14-2004, 05:13 AM
Thanks dad, I am writing it all down.

rentayenta
03-14-2004, 05:18 AM
Wow kijay $40 a person. That's $200 just for 1 show. It sounds fab but I don't see my husband going for that at all. Maybe we'll sneak it in on the day he isn't going with us. I assume that I call the Disney Dining number.

Thanks so much for all of the great info!

:)

LegolandMC
03-15-2004, 09:15 AM
We should have never left So Cal for Utahrd. I miss it!

How much do I empathize with you? Worst thing to do ever....can't wait to move back to So Cal after leaving Utah.

If you need a mother's helper on your trip, let me know. Any excuse to leave Utah. :~D ;) :D

As for what to do with your kids, make autograph books before you leave that they can get signed by their favorite characters!

rentayenta
03-15-2004, 01:15 PM
I'll need a mother's helper for sure. I was thinking in the form of a sour apple martini after the kiddies go to bed ;)

The autograph books are a great idea. I read somewhere to get a sharpie for the characters to write with.

What part of Utahrd are you in?

LegolandMC
03-15-2004, 01:36 PM
*lol* Too funny.....so much for the mother's helper idea. :crying: ;)

I'm in Provo. Yippee! :rolleyes:

About autograph books......whenever I've made them, I just use a plain notebook...so I don't even "make" it! :rolleyes: But there was a thread awhile back about all different ideas for making them, and markers, etc. Had some great ideas!