PDA

View Full Version : The hub is closed.

Pages : [1] 2

Ghoulish Delight
03-12-2004, 12:56 PM
As of yesterday, the hub is closed. They have built a construction wall around the entire central area, leaving a little bit of room to line it with benches, a couple planters, and ODV carts. Here are some pictures of what it looks like (may be slow to load, sorry) closed hub (http://members.tripod.com/~The_Blue_Torpedo/closedhub.html)

Also, there are two mysterious structures on either side of the area in front of the castle. Tall scaffolding things. They could very well be towers to hold the projectors for the pending castle effect. I don't know if those have been there for a while and I had just not noticed.

cemeinke
03-12-2004, 01:04 PM
Originally posted by Ghoulish Delight
Also, there are two mysterious structures on either side of the area in front of the castle. Tall scaffolding things.

The structures have accessible ladders coming down on the walkways. I think Disney wants children to climb them to get a better view of the castle and hub construction. I bet you could get some nice pictures from the tops of these things ;)

Ghoulish Delight
03-12-2004, 01:07 PM
There are no signs saying you CAN'T climb it. And considering the number of signs and warnings that exist in Disneyland, it's prefectly reasonable to assume that if there's NOT a sign, it's implicitly okay to climb, right?

justagrrl
03-12-2004, 01:10 PM
It's a new photo taking spot. They just haven't put up the signs yet, right? ;)

Kevy Baby
03-12-2004, 01:19 PM
There are no signs saying you CAN'T climb it. And considering the number of signs and warnings that exist in Disneyland, it's prefectly reasonable to assume that if there's NOT a sign, it's implicitly okay to climb, right? Sounds good to me ;)

mamabot
03-12-2004, 01:22 PM
Shall we send Zapppop & iSm to investigate? ;)

Maybe it could be the new Padders meet spot?

Not Afraid
03-12-2004, 01:31 PM
Originally posted by mamabot
Shall we send Zapppop & iSm to investigate? ;)

Maybe it could be the new Padders meet spot?

There is an invisible sign on the ladder. I saw it. Zap saw it. Techie7 saw it.

It says:

Zapppop, climb me

Techie7 run away.

;)

Cancer Norm
03-12-2004, 02:25 PM
As of yesterday, the hub is closed. They have built a construction wall around the entire central area.

I happen to know that this is the new building that will show Circlevision-American Journeys .....hehe:fez:

MotorBoat Cruiser
03-12-2004, 09:47 PM
Originally posted by Mr.Zogs
I happen to know that this is the new building that will show Circlevision-American Journeys .....hehe:fez:

That's pretty darn funny, Mr Zogs. :D

Circlevision with a DCA budget, hehe. Don't give Eisner any ideas.

awinner
03-12-2004, 10:33 PM
I believe they are replanting all of the trees since they are so mature...putting in smaller ones so the castle can be seen like it used to...:confused:

Ghoulish Delight
03-12-2004, 10:50 PM
Oooooookay. The mysterious scafolding structures on either side of the castle............are gone. Was at the park tonight, they are no more. Very bizzare.

Not Afraid
03-12-2004, 10:57 PM
Oooooookay. The mysterious scafolding structures on either side of the castle............are gone. Was at the park tonight, they are no more. Very bizzare.

Where's that CM guide?;)

Polar33
03-13-2004, 01:09 AM
The "mysterious scafolding structures " were for some more entertainment lighting tests done this week after hours. Although I was in and out of the area as much as I could manage during the time they were working, I failed to see anything interesting. :(

THE REF
03-13-2004, 04:24 AM
Any word on how long the Hub will be closed?

EandCDad
03-13-2004, 07:01 AM

I was at the park yesterday and when I got home I started reading this thread and thought "wow, I'm totally unobservant, I saw the hub wall but I don't remember any scaffolding." I'm glad it wasn't actually there, if it had been there and I'd missed it completely, I'd feel old (er).

THE REF
03-13-2004, 08:20 AM
Any word on how long the Hub will be closed?

stan4d_steph
03-13-2004, 08:54 AM
According to the schedule as linked in Darkbeer's post, the fence will be up until March 27. Of course, this is always subject to change.

THE REF
03-13-2004, 09:05 AM
Thank you for your reply.

bandboy1985
03-13-2004, 04:50 PM
not to hijack at all- does anyone know what's happening to the ap pavillion, and how long we should expect it to be tented?

did it need painting that badly? :confused:

Darkbeer
03-14-2004, 11:29 AM
First off, just to make sure people know, the AP processing center is open while they work on the building.

The building is old, and needs some wood replacement, and a good paint job. The park has been refurbing and painting the entire Main Street area, and since the buildings are about 50 years old, well, maintenence is something that is required.

toethumbs555
03-14-2004, 03:37 PM
ok, so as of now, which attractions still have the walls around them?? last time I went they had 'em around indy, the hub, the new buzz lightyear ride, the AP place, and thunder mountain, there were prolly more, but I can't remember

UncleGDogWord
03-14-2004, 04:00 PM
Do they have a Department at DLR that is devote to fence construction? Seems like they put a lot into making those walls look like they fit the land they are in.

Disney Vault
03-14-2004, 04:52 PM
Originally posted by toethumbs555
ok, so as of now, which attractions still have the walls around them?? last time I went they had 'em around indy, the hub, the new buzz lightyear ride, the AP place, and thunder mountain, there were prolly more, but I can't remember
Are you complaining that Matt is making everything better? are you mad he wants to put the magic back at disneyland? Are you dissapointed because everything is being improved for th better? I am so glad to see all those walls go up because it means things are turning around.

Kevy Baby
03-14-2004, 05:45 PM
Originally posted by UncleGDogWord
Do they have a Department at DLR that is devote to fence construction? Seems like they put a lot into making those walls look like they fit the land they are in. Not speaking from insider knowledge, but I would guess they are just the same one that they can move around from land to land - just slap a different coat of paint on them.

They're basically plywood and 2x4 construction - nothing fancy. Two workers could build the necessary walls in a couple of hours.

cujosr
03-14-2004, 06:30 PM
There are no signs saying you CAN'T climb it. And considering the number of signs and warnings that exist in Disneyland, it's prefectly reasonable to assume that if there's NOT a sign, it's implicitly okay to climb, right? Don't make me hurt you.