PDA

View Full Version : What is your all time longest wait in a line?

Pages : [1] 2 3

Jaysrule
03-10-2004, 05:27 PM
What is your longest all time wait to get on a ride at Disneyland?

I once waited three hours to ride Indiana Jones a few months after if first opened.

I also remeber as a kid waiting three hours to get on Space Mountain. The line was all the way back to Main St. I remember once we got inside the building, which took two hours, that around every corner I thought the ride would start.

CarlieB
03-10-2004, 05:32 PM
Around 40 or 45 minutes for Indy and the Matterhorn. We always use Fastpass when it's busy, and we are usually at DL during the not so busy times of the year:)

DCAWhites
03-10-2004, 05:41 PM
Well, for me I have never really waited in any line longer than about an hour at disneyland lately because I take advantage of fastpass, single rider lines, and general common sense (ride the popular rides between 8am and 10am, or after 10pm, when theres a much shorter line). I'd never wait in a 120 minute splash mountain line knowing there are several alternatives (wait until later, single rider and get on in 60 seconds, or get a fastpass), however if I didn't have all those alternatives (matterhorn for example) I'd be willing to wait a whole lot longer. I don't remember how long I waited for Indy when it first opened, but if I used a time machine to go back to 1995, yes I'd be willing to wait a good two hours in Indy's line, knowing about 50 of those minutes are spent indoors in highly themed queue line. A good, fast moving line helps too.

Dlandmom
03-10-2004, 05:46 PM
About 2 hours for Rocket Rods...and it had already been open for a while. It turns out, that was the only time I ever went on the ride.

justagrrl
03-10-2004, 06:01 PM
I remember waiting hours for Space Mountain and Big Thunder too.

Little tod
03-10-2004, 06:07 PM
I think I waited 65 minutes for Haunted Mansion Holiday once just for the heck of it. Dad wanted me out of the park in 90 minutes and there wasn't really anything else I wanted to do.

Also, I thought this was amusing when I witnessed it...

I'm waiting outside Millionaire with the Assorted tods, and a family comes up to see what precisely this is. It's the gap between the 3:00 and 5:00 shows, so the wait time says 110 minutes. A child of no more than six yells out "Why's there 110 minute wait? No one's in line." A CM politely tells the child that they do shows at 12, 1, 2, 3, 5, 6, and 7. He says okay, thank you, then runs into Muppet-Vision.

Ghoulish Delight
03-10-2004, 06:10 PM
Longest I've ever waited was 3 and a half hours for Star Tours the year it opened. Worth every second!

happyhaunts999
03-10-2004, 06:14 PM
I was at Disneyland for the opening of Indy. When we got to the middle of the line which took over two hours the ride broke down. We did not want to leave because this was opening day. It took over an hour for the line to start moving again. It took almost 5 hours to get on the ride. Now i'll admit it's a good ride and should be even better after the rehab but no ride is worth it if you have to spend 5 hours in a line.

sleepyjeff
03-10-2004, 06:18 PM
Splash Mountain 1989....mid August and over 95 degrees in the shade.......Two Hours and ten minutes.

Photo Center for Santa Pics December 2000........Two Hours and forty minutes.......If you add the original wait for Santa earlier that day, the total wait time was three hours and fifty five minutes.

:eek:

Disney Vault
03-10-2004, 06:19 PM
over 3 hours for rocket rods.

Ghoulish Delight
03-10-2004, 06:40 PM
Originally posted by CarlieB
Around 40 or 45 minutes for Indy and the Matterhorn. We always use Fastpass when it's busy, and we are usually at DL during the not so busy times of the year:) Had you never been to Disneyland before Fastpastt existed?

Cadaverous Pallor
03-10-2004, 06:43 PM
Originally posted by DCAWhites
Well, for me I have never really waited in any line longer than about an hour at disneyland lately because I take advantage of fastpass, single rider lines, and general common sense (ride the popular rides between 8am and 10am, or after 10pm, when theres a much shorter line). I'd never wait in a 120 minute splash mountain line knowing there are several alternatives (wait until later, single rider and get on in 60 seconds, or get a fastpass), however if I didn't have all those alternatives (matterhorn for example) I'd be willing to wait a whole lot longer. I don't remember how long I waited for Indy when it first opened, but if I used a time machine to go back to 1995, yes I'd be willing to wait a good two hours in Indy's line, knowing about 50 of those minutes are spent indoors in highly themed queue line. A good, fast moving line helps too. Hey, wasn't the question "What is your all time longest wait in a line?"

mriverej6
03-10-2004, 07:50 PM
in DL 3 hours for Rocket Rods, back when there were attractions at Tomorrowland.

but in another theme park I remember the line for X @ Six Flags Magic Mountain being 8 hours long, now that was horrible, i wish i had pictures of that still. but i was happy to be in the front end of the line hearing the line got to be 8 hours long

innerSpaceman
03-10-2004, 08:08 PM
I think I've waited about 3 hours for several attractions:

- Captain Eo when it opened during a 24-party at the Park.

- Space Mountain with the line snaking down Main Street, U.S.A. This was in 1978, over a year after the attraction had already been open!

- and Splash Mountain during soft openings on July 2, 1989. (I remember the exact date cause it was my birthday. I was so excited, because the Splash opening had been pushed back so many times and this soft opening took me completely by surprise. I had time to call people and have them come to the Park and join us in line before we even got inside the Mountain!)

I've been at the Park when there were 3-hour lines for Indy and for Star Tours, but having been on them during much less crowded soft openings, I just skipped them when the lines were that long.

EandCDad
03-10-2004, 08:16 PM
I think we waited about 2 hours for Indiana Jones near when it first opened. I also waited a long time for Star Tours when I was in college (maybe 2 hours). I can't do that anymore, any wait of more than 10 minutes I just tell the family we'll catch it next time.

kijay
03-10-2004, 08:23 PM
Longest was about two hours for Star Tours in 1987. Second was in 1998 at Space Mountain with my little girl, was about an hour and a half, but felt like ten hours. But was worth it each time.:D

HBTiggerFan
03-10-2004, 10:29 PM
Originally posted by Cadaverous Pallor
Hey, wasn't the question "What is your all time longest wait in a line?"

4.5 hours for Splash Mountain the day after it opened.

Disneyfreak
03-10-2004, 10:31 PM
Indiana Jones Adventure:5 hours first week of opening on SAT!:D The ride broke down right when I was about to board.
Rocket Rodds:4 hours also broke down.
Space Mountain:4 hours new years eve
Splash Mountain:3 hours and 20 min
Im crazy:fez:

ToursbabeC3po
03-10-2004, 10:44 PM
3 hours for Rocket Rods then it broke down right in front of my face. I hated that piece of junk LOL.

Morrigoon
03-10-2004, 10:56 PM
I got in the Rocket Rods line when it was in front of, oh, about the magic shop on Main Street. What a waste of time, not like I hadn't ridden it before, sheesh!

Besides that, I seem to recall a certain Pirates event....

DivaPrincess
03-10-2004, 11:06 PM
I don't know how long, but it seemed like forever waiting for Star Tours right after it opened. I know we got inline by the Star Tours store, but the line snaked and snaked. Probably 2 hours.

I think we waited about an hour and a half for Rocket Rods in 99 on my honeymoon. I'm glad I did now, it's the only ride from DL I've went on that no longer exists.

DorisZ
03-11-2004, 05:04 AM
I don't remember the times for my very first trip, the waits seemed like hours, but I'm not sure.

Rocket Rods was the longest in recent memory. About 2.5 hours as I recall. That was the only time I went on it and I really didn't think it was worth the wait. By the time we went back to Disneyland on the next trip, it was already closed for good.

Pafuts
03-11-2004, 06:32 AM
A little over 3 hours for Indy when it first opened. This was on a weekday. We played 20 questions to pass the time.

shoot, now we won't stand in a line longer than 10 minutes. lol.

AVP
03-11-2004, 06:41 AM
Space Mountain, 1977. The line was to the Main Street train station. We weren't even certain that I was tall enough to ride, and my brother definitely wasn't, so my grandmother took the two of us on other rides while my parents waited in the 4-hour line. We joined them as we got closer to the front, and I did get to go on it. My mom swears to this day that had she not had her arm in "Soccer Mom" position across my body that I would have lifted out of the train during the quick drop. :rolleyes:

The longest line I actually stayed in line the whole time for was Indy the year it opened. Again, the I was with my parents and the line started in the Hub.

AVP

ppmuse
03-11-2004, 07:40 AM
While, yes, I have waited over two hours for Star Tours, Indiana Jones, and Rocket Rods; the longest wait ever was during the summer after Splash Mountain opened. All the kinks were still in the ride, so it broke down about three times, and I waited 4.5 hours for the ride. We would take turns going to the bathroom and grabbing something to eat. It was a long wait for that first ride, man it was awesome, but crazy.