PDA

View Full Version : Steps In Time...It's Over, Thank God!

GoldenEars
10-14-2001, 10:45 PM
Yes, I was there to see the final showing of *Steps In Time*, infact, I was there for the last 3 shows! And unfortunately, all I could think of after each performance was, *is it over yet?*

Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed most of the show and had a good time seeing it during it's very short run! But, let's face it, the show was never the way everyone had hoped it would have been. They needed something really quick since the original concept was axed by Uncle Mike. And what they came up with was something far less than what should have been on that awesome stage, in that impressive theatre!

I'm going to miss not being able to see a stage show there (at least for a while) but, I can honestly say I won't miss SIT. Let's hope that the Disney creators can come up with something that will *knock the socks off* everyone!

It's funny, cuz I've seen my share of Disney stage shows in the past, and making sure I'm there for the very final curtain call. And when I was, I generally would get pretty teary-eyed and have a sense of sadness inside me. However, I didn't feel that way at all for SIT...kinda sad in a way.

My emotions will go towards the closing of *Animazement!* That will be a tough day and something tells me that show will draw a much bigger crowd at the last shows! :crying:

Patrick

Napsto
10-16-2001, 01:13 PM
i am glad its over but if you ddn'tlike it so much why did you go to the last three shows?

GoldenEars
10-16-2001, 04:44 PM
The reason I saw the last 3 shows was because the friend I was with really wanted to see the last 3, so I agreed to join him. And it's not that I didn't like the show (cuz it had it's good parts) but, over all, the show was not up to par.

Quite honestly, the only thing that really bothered me was the whole fairy godmother/kids scenes...those were very weak and slow! All the dance/music numbers were excellent, I enjoyed those parts a lot!

Basically, Disney has done so much better with their stage productions and this one just looked like it was thrown together, and unfortunately, it showed.

Patrick

DisneylandBoy
10-17-2001, 05:36 AM
How did the kid playing the older brother on the last show do? I know him, we did a show together, and I really didn't think he was that good. I was VERY surprised when he got cast! Maybe he got better, I don't know.

GoldenEars
10-17-2001, 09:26 AM
The kid who played Alex during the very last show was pretty good, for what he put into it. Even with the weak script, he did his very best!

My favorite *Alex* was the guy they let go shortly after the *new* show got started. He was older in real age but, looked quite young. He ended up playing Hercules in *Animazement* and is amazing in that! He's such a cutie!!:D

Patrick

bluepearl
10-17-2001, 10:11 AM
Hi, I'm new here, but I wanted to comment on the show. I first saw it with some friends who had never been to DCA before, and one of them loved the dancing sequence in the "Hakuna Matata" bit - he's a dancer, so he's really into choreography. I, however, found the show to be incredibly boring and felt like whoever planned the show was reaching for straws to tie in the story with a Disney theme.

In the first place, the dancing is good, but not spectacular (I've seen some professional dance groups that put on a great show). I kept waiting for the show to end. The last two numbers are bizarre in that it makes me wonder, what does this have to do with anything? When I heard the title "Steps In Time" I thought it would be some sort of time-traveling show. :shrug: I had to watch it a second time because I went with another friend who'd never been to the park before, and the second time seemed longer than the first. I'm glad they're taking the show out - I'm hoping a better designed one will be put in when they get the chance. Next on the list: Golden Dreams. :shudder:

GoldenEars
10-17-2001, 11:27 AM
Hi BluePearl~

Your over all in take of *Steps In Time* is right on the mark! The ending dance number (the title song) was really good but, it did NOT make any sense to the whole (and I use this loosely) storyline to the show. Let's hope Disney learned something from this show and will produce something of superior quality!

Patrick

PS By the way, do you work for Disney? And by your picture, you're a cutie!:D

Nigel2
10-17-2001, 09:42 PM
I once saw part of it (waiting for a FP to activate) so I sat in there and then got up to leave using my "Where is a telephone" excuse. So I get to the Lobby? area that sepeates the theater from the outside and I see an usher siting on the floor with his back to the door. I don't know why but I found this hillarious.

bluepearl
10-17-2001, 11:04 PM
Hi Patrick! I totally agree - the title song didn't seem to fit anywhere in the show. I felt like they put together this show, then thought - 'wait a minute, it's called Steps In Time, we have nothing with that, so let's throw in this number just to try to tie it in.'

Also, I do not work for Disney, although I would love to - I was considering applying for a job at the Resort (but then read here that a hiring freeze was put in), and after I'm finished with school (still working on motivating myself to go to grad school) I want to work somewhere in Disney (preferably somewhere in Burbank). Thanks for the compliment! :D