PDA

View Full Version : Halloween In Disneyland?

Wendi
03-10-2004, 04:24 PM
Have you been to DL on Halloween? Is it excessively packed? Is it wonderful and amazing? Is it worth going a day early if we had planned on going November 1st? Help me decide...

Kevy Baby
03-10-2004, 04:37 PM
A few years back, they had DL semi decked out for Halloween with Trick-or-Treating for the kids, but nothing in the last few years.

I think they will have the Nightmare Before Christmas overlay on Haunted Mansion by then, but nothing to go early for.

You MAY want to consider coming down early to go to Knott's Scary Farm (or Halloween Haunt as it is now known). Get your tickets early for that though: it is hugely popular. However, you don't say if you have kids: young ones shouldn't go. Teenagers will probably love it.

Darren
03-10-2004, 04:41 PM
Wendi,

I was there last halloween and there really wasn't much happening. No special events were planned. DTD has a trick or treat event the sunday afternoon before Halloween. I don't think it affected the crowds too much. One thing that was noticable is that there were quite a few kids dressed up mostly in disney costumes like princess dresses and Winnie the Pooh etc.

there were lots of characters out and about particularly the villians. the Hag, witch from Snow White, Evil Queen, Jafar, the governor from Pocahontas and stuff like that.

Otherwise I would say it was pretty much business as usual.

wenderella
03-10-2004, 09:01 PM
Wendi...(I am a fellow Wendi "with an i")...
Disneyland in October is our most favorite time to go. We usually go at the beginning to mid October and it's great! Weather is perfect, the crowds are tollerable and not too bad, and all the Nightmare Before Christmas stuff is fantastic! My kids are 5 and 8 and they absolutely love it. Have Fun!

Wendi
03-16-2004, 01:55 PM
Thanks everyone... I guess I won't worry about being there a day early then. I LOVE October in DL... we didn't get to go last year, but we went in May and October in 2002. It was actually still a bit too hot the first week of October, so I am trying for slightly later this time around. I love the whole Nightmare Before Christmas theme too... actually, I mostly like all the stuff to buy!!!

:D

yeo_foxe
03-16-2004, 06:15 PM
For the last 2 years they have had a showing of NMBC...

It has been one the the best things I've ever been to!