PDA

View Full Version : Wasn't the Snow White show supposed to have live horses?

mcampisi
03-10-2004, 02:27 PM
I recall reading that or hearing it from the cast member who handled the horses outside the closed Big Thunder Mountain. When I saw the play for the 1st time on Sunday, I vaguely remembered that.

AVP
03-10-2004, 02:29 PM
According to sources inside the show, the horses are spooked by the crowds.

AVP

mcampisi
03-10-2004, 02:33 PM
That makes sense but you would think someone would have realized that in the planning stages LOL.....

stan4d_steph
03-10-2004, 03:09 PM
I'm sure the thought was that the horses could be trained or acclimated to the crowd. It's not unheard of; horses are used by police all the time in many situations. It sounds like the ones they had pegged for the show didn't calm down enough for them to be confident that nothing would happen. It's too bad. The horse they used for Snow in the princess parade was really pretty.

Ghoulish Delight
03-10-2004, 03:40 PM
The horse they had on display at the AP Tower of Terror/Snow White preview event back in December was...less than princely. To be honest, it looked sickly. I'm sure it was a perfectly healthy horse, but it had this pink coloring around its eyes that made it look more like a sickly albino horse, than a majestic, princely, white steed.

PapiBear
03-10-2004, 05:55 PM
So now they have what, dead horses? ;) :p

GoldenEars
03-10-2004, 07:58 PM
During Snow White's Golden Anniversary in 1987, they had a special stage show at the Fantasyland Theatre just for SW, and it was called, *Singin' Dancin' Hi Ho*. It was VERY different than what we're seeing now, but in that show, they had a white horse at the finale of that show.

The Prince lead the white horse out on the stage with SW sitting on it. She blew kisses to each of the 7 dwarfs and then white doves were released. As the curtain was closing, SW and the Prince wave good-bye, while the dancers (yes, they had real dancers, and not dancers in animal costumes) were dancing to the finale of the song. The 7 dwarfs were not live actors, they were the rubber-headed ones.

Over all, the show was really good...at least for that time period. It certainly wouldn't go over well by today's standards. Long gone are the days of simple, fun-filled character stage shows! Now everything has to be so elaborate and Broadway style, which is nice...but I miss the *good 'ol days!*

Let's hope this new SW stage show will have a white horse at some time in the near future! Even tho I love this new show, I still feel the ending is a little weak. I don't like seeing SW and the Prince just walking off the stage waving good-bye. It looks like they're leaving a *meet & greet* location and walking off stage for their break. That's just my opinion!:D

Patrick