PDA

View Full Version : TOT - The Ride [Spoilers]

Lost Boy
03-09-2004, 07:13 PM
This was sent to me by E-mail and I am passing it along. It was sent by a friend I know who has the right contacts.

And no, there are no "hotel" rooms in that big giant building, same as in Florida. They need all that room for the mechanics of the ride itself. There is a lot more going on in there than you can imagine.

Here is the Ride walkthrough. SPOILERS AHEAD BIG TIME:

2004 - Twilight Zone: Tower of Terror - (3/8/04) With the Tower set to open in the near future, we've been given a brief description of what you can expect inside of the tower itself. Don't read any more if you want to keep it a secret... spoilers lie ahead.

After you board the elevator it pulls back with a flash of lightning and the roar of thunder. Rod Serling gives you the rundown about being "passengers on a most uncommon elevator". The lights in the room fade to black and you find yourself in a star field. "But this much is clear... a reservation has been made in your name for an extended stay". The elevator rises up to the first stop and the doors open to reveal a huge hall length mirror showing a reflection of your group on the elevator. Wind blows and lighting flashes, hitting the mirror causing your reflection to change into a "heat image". The lightning exits the mirror towards the car, causing it to shake. "Say goodbye to the real world, for you have just entered the Twilight Zone". The doors close and you rise up to the second stop. When the doors open you're looking down a long hotel hallway. This scene is almost identical to the Florida version, but instead of a window at the end of the hallway you are instead looking at another set of elevator doors. Inside of that elevator you see the five people who vanished in the tower so many years ago. Their elevator fades into a star field and it starts to float away from you... backing off into space before it suddenly drops out of sight. A few tenths of a second later you drop as well, starting of a great series of drops and rocket trips back to the top of the tower. Our sources have highly praised the final moments leading into this first plunge... claiming that no matter how many times you ride it, this moment always seems to catch you off guard.

One major difference between this new DCA version and the WDW version is in the queue itself. The boiler room on the DCA version is a massive two story room, built up on a much grander scale than the WDW version. The reason for the bigger room is that unlike the Florida version that has two side by side loading stations for each drop shaft, the DCA version has a top and a bottom loading station due to the entire ride being contained in a single shaft. Each shaft has two vehicles... while one is running in the shaft, the other is parked in the loading station. So the vehicles do still have a little bit of horizontal movement to them... but only when they are backing away from the load position into the drop shaft and back again.

[Mod. note: Added spoiler tags. -- Andrew]

gaptoothed
03-09-2004, 09:05 PM
For the record, this was originally posted on Screamscape.

MonorailMan
03-09-2004, 09:14 PM
Is there a possibly of changing this into a total spoiler thread? I want to comment about the message, but feel that it is not possible due to the current spoiler limitations. Thank You.

Jeremiah
03-09-2004, 09:22 PM
Actaully if you go over to LP.com in there boards they have a full report that was put up before the Screamscape one got posted and is more detailed. It is in the expansion board and it is titled TOT human testing. It is a good read makes me really happy I am going to the ToT party.

J