PDA

View Full Version : Grad Nite 2004 information - dates for planning purposes

Darkbeer
03-09-2004, 05:28 PM
I just came across this information while looking for something else, but I know for some people planning a trip, it is handy to know...

http://adisneyland.disney.go.com/media/dlr/content/eng/dlp/event/GradNite/2004gradniteapplication.pdf

For 2004, the dates are...

Thursday, May 13th
Thursday, May 20th
Thursday, May 27th
Thursday, June 3rd
Wednesday, June 9th
Thursday, June 10th
Wednesday, June 16th
Thursday, June 17th.

While there is no real effect in the park in May, Since Disneyland usually closes at 8 PM that time of year, the June dates will cause early closings. (8 PM instead of 9 or 10 PM). Also, any Fantasmic! showings that would have been scheduled will be canceled. (Not sure when in June Fantasmic! will go to 7 days a week operation, either June 4th or 11th).

stitch626
03-23-2004, 06:26 PM
Is there anywhere else I can read those three things they offer such as the application and the student brochure. I download them and can't read them. Is there something I'm doing wrong.

Oh, and I hope they still have a Grad Nite for May 9 2004 because thats when I heard that our school is going since our graduation is on a Friday.

BJW
03-23-2004, 08:11 PM
I have a question for Darkbeer and other that are "in the know." Will the park be substantially more crowded than usual during the public hours around the Grad Nites? Just wondering because I'm planning to be at the resort from the 19th to 21st? Do you think it would be a good idea to move my plans to a different week? (I have to go on Wed., Thurs., and Fri.) I know the surrounding hotels may get kinda noisy, so maybe it would be better to get an on-property hotel.

Darkbeer
03-23-2004, 08:57 PM
I have a question for Darkbeer and other that are "in the know." Will the park be substantially more crowded than usual during the public hours around the Grad Nites? Just wondering because I'm planning to be at the resort from the 19th to 21st? Do you think it would be a good idea to move my plans to a different week? (I have to go on Wed., Thurs., and Fri.) I know the surrounding hotels may get kinda noisy, so maybe it would be better to get an on-property hotel.

If you are talking about May 19th thru the 21st, don't worry, the park closes at its regular time, and nothing will be cancelled (unlike June)...... almost all the kids are bussed in, so it should have no effect on the Hotels.... heck, save the money and stay somewhere like HoJo's instead of the Disney owned places.....

BJW
03-23-2004, 09:27 PM
If you are talking about May 19th thru the 21st, don't worry, the park closes at its regular time, and nothing will be cancelled (unlike June)...... almost all the kids are bussed in, so it should have no effect on the Hotels.... heck, save the money and stay somewhere like HoJo's instead of the Disney owned places.....Thanks for the advice Darkbeer. This is good to know. Sounds like I'll still have a great trip. I'm thinking of either Park Inn or Holiday Inn Express for this trip. I'll probably save about $100 per night!

Kevy Baby
05-13-2004, 04:40 PM
Since this topic is being discussed in a couple of other threads, I decided to bump it back up

jrad32
05-14-2004, 08:02 AM
Along the substantially more crowded lines. Darkbeer covered the May dates. Any opinions on the June dates? Will they be more crowded during regular park hours?

kkmickey
05-15-2004, 09:31 AM
I would like some info about the June dates, too. I will be there from June 9 to 13, and I see that the 9th and 10th are grad nights. I seem to remember in the past that towards the end of closing time, the park began to quickly fill up. How do they work this with Main Street being open an hour past regular closing hours? Also, is DCA included in grad nights, or is it just Disneyland?

For instance, on the 9th and 10th, the posted closing hours last I checked were 7pm for DCA and 9pm for DL. How will this affect my visit on those two days? Should I plan to be somewhere else near closing time?

Thanks

Darkbeer
05-15-2004, 09:47 AM
OK, I checked the schedule... for the week of June 9th and 10th, DIsneyland will close one hour early. That is the only change, as neither Fantasmic! or Believe! will be offered Monday thru Thursday.

Now, Believe starts its summer series on Friday, June 11th, normally at 9:25 pm. ALso, Fantasmic! will start being offered 7 days a week.

Now, Monday and Tuesday, June 14th and 15th, Fantasmic! will be offered twice, and the fireworks. The park will close at 11 PM.

But on the 16th and 17th, there will be no Fantasmic!, and the Park will close at 9 PM, which will force the Believe! fireworks to be offered at 8:45 PM.