PDA

View Full Version : With TOT opening, how will DCA's Operating Hours change?

DCAWhites
03-09-2004, 03:18 PM
Just wondering, with all the talk of ToT bringing in much larger crowds, will the park's hours change? 10am-9pm during the summer would be quite lame, as DCA is such a pretty nighttime park and 30 minutes of twilight before the park's closed would stink. Also, DCA's attendence has already gone up quite a bit (10%+) from 2002's numbers...

Back in 2001, the park opened at 8am and would close pretty late. Now we're lucky if the place closes at 9.

CarlieB
03-09-2004, 03:22 PM
I would like to see DCA open until 10pm (at least). I understand if they don't want it open until midnight, but 8 or 9pm just seems too early. The park is pretty at night, and I think it would be great to be able to come back in the evening to re-ride some of the better rides (GRR, Soarin', etc). Plus, it would make sense for some of the restaurants in DCA (especially the Trattoria). JMHO, though:)

Darkbeer
03-09-2004, 05:20 PM
But that would mean they would have to replace all the lights that got knocked down when the truck hit the lamp post......:~D

My Guess, they will use the "old" standard hours in May, and and watch the numbers (Who is showing up, AP holders.. are we selling more one-day tickets, etc.) and then make adjustments if neccesary in June and later....

ArthurBang
03-10-2004, 02:08 PM
You can check disneyland.com for verification, but even next weekend, the 20th and 21st, DCA is open until 10pm on Sat and Sunday.

It's been a long time since I can remember the park being open that late (not counting New Years Eve) .. I'm assuming this is the start of spring break week, but since it's before TOT opens, I would assume that the park would be open at least that late in the summer.

I know that the CM sign-in passes are blocked out for much of summer this year, so they are expecting crowds.