PDA

View Full Version : Do any rides still make you nervous?

Pages : [1] 2

CarlieB
03-09-2004, 01:01 PM
I hate heights, so I've never been on California Screamin' or the Sun Wheel (I'm quite haapy to watch other people in them though, while I wait:D )

I always have a moment of nervousness on Splash Mountain, as the log ascends the climb before the big drop - there's that feeling of not being able to go back now...:eek:

And I have the odd moment of nerves on GRR - especially when the raft is spinning round before the drop at the end - am I going to end up going down backwards????

Cancer Norm
03-09-2004, 01:23 PM
I will be very nervous the next time I go on Big Thunder Mountain Railroad!! Won't everyone?:eek:

CarlieB
03-09-2004, 01:25 PM
Surprisingly, I won't be. I'm just unlikely to sit up the front of any rides (but I didn't usually anyway).

RickW
03-09-2004, 01:35 PM
I am always nervous on Maliboomer, but only during the time right before the release. I am not nervous in the queue or during the ascent, but that little period while I am anticipating the launch, now that gets to me:

"Why am I doing this to myself?"

. . . . . . Woo Hoo!

CarlieB
03-09-2004, 01:36 PM
Oooh, I love watching the Maliboomer - not going on it any time soon though!:D

Cancer Norm
03-09-2004, 01:45 PM
After going on Space Mountain with the lights on, I will NEVER again put my hands in the air for that ride! It is soooo tight in there. They used every inch of space!:eek:

JenGood008
03-09-2004, 01:45 PM
This is going to sound really weird, but does the Astro Orbiter freak out anyone besides me? I do fine on any other ride in the park, but for some reason I really feel like I'm going to tumble right out of that one!

SzczerbiakManiac
03-09-2004, 02:25 PM
I'm always ducking on Matterhorn because I'm afraid I'm going to whack my head on the "rocks" above.

Tinkerbells twin
03-09-2004, 05:26 PM
When ever I ride Splash Mountain I alway have a fear of the log tipping forward. Like with so much weight in the front it just goes down the drop and everyone leaning forward I just think it'll tumble over forward. Scary.......

BELLEH5
03-09-2004, 05:34 PM
All of these rides scary the heck out of me, either because I'm afraid of heights or I feel like I'm gonna fall out.

#1-Splash Mt.
#2-Mulholland Madness
#3-California Screamin
#4-Gadgets Go Coaster
#5-Maliboomer

And BTM !!! (no more goat trick:( )

Little tod
03-09-2004, 05:48 PM
Originally posted by Mr.Zogs
I will be very nervous the next time I go on Big Thunder Mountain Railroad!! Won't everyone?

I'd happily stand in line for the first run of Big Thunder. Because the first time around will be the safest ride in the whole resort. They're gonna check and recheck that thing a thousand times before even opening the queue.

Disneyfreak
03-09-2004, 07:17 PM
I will love going on big thunder when it opens again. It will be the safest E-ticket ride in the whole park.:) Also I cant wait to see the refurbished effects and AA.:) Also I would be wondering where the accident occured which will make it scary.:)

Cancer Norm
03-09-2004, 07:23 PM
Originally posted by little tod
I'd happily stand in line for the first run of Big Thunder. Because the first time around will be the safest ride in the whole resort. They're gonna check and recheck that thing a thousand times before even opening the queue.

Now I didn't say I wouldn't go on, I just would be a little nervous. I don't care how many times they check it, (park patrons getting hurt is bad for business!) Theres always a chance for something to go wrong (Murphy's Law). Almost all accidents are caused by human error. Isn't that part of the thrill of going on a carnival ride? If the thing will hold together?:D

audibleatom
03-10-2004, 06:54 AM
im afraid my car will break down in mr. toad and ill be stuck in hell FOREVER!!!!

ppmuse
03-10-2004, 07:22 AM
Maliboomer would be first. And whenever I'm on Muholland's Madness, I keep waiting for an earthquake to happen the second I reach one of those sharp turns.

As for a non-ride scare, I hate, and I do mean HATE, that dang post in the line for Indiana Jones, the one where if you pull it/push it/bump it, it causes a loud noise to rumble through the hallway and the ceiling falls down. Don't care about the ceiling falling down, but that noise, man do I hate that noise. Scares the heck out of me.

Photographer
03-10-2004, 08:27 AM
Ok, ok Haunted Mansion creeps me out. I've ridden it alone although I prefer to go with someone. The bride scares the bejeezus out of me. I can't even look at it. :(

mad4mky
03-10-2004, 08:29 AM
The Rockets...or now called The Astro Orbiter. I really hated it when it was up on the platform, as the Rockets (but hey, that was cool, ya know? Up there high...They shouldn't have moved them...at all!!).

And, as the Astro Oribter...it is still scary. I feel like I am going to fly out of the darned thing.:(

So, I don't go on it anymore.:(

sediment
03-10-2004, 09:41 AM
Originally posted by ppmuse
As for a non-ride scare, I hate, and I do mean HATE, that dang post in the line for Indiana Jones, ...
There's a worse post in line: the one with all the punks' chewing gum on it. HEY! THIS AIN'T MAGIC MOUNTAIN!

tahnok100
03-10-2004, 11:47 AM
Originally posted by Mr.Zogs
I will be very nervous the next time I go on Big Thunder Mountain Railroad!! Won't everyone?:eek:

Umm... no, I can really say that I won't be :) .

Rides that scare me at the resort?! Well, maybe the... no not really, I guess I just really am not scared of the rides there.

stitchfan_cm
03-10-2004, 12:13 PM
There are three rides at the DLR that make me nervous.

Those three rides are the Matterhorn, Space Mountain, and Indy. Here is the reason why.

I am 6'4. I make sure to sink into the bobsled when I ride the horn. The same applies to Indy. At the end of the ride, when your transport takes off again in the ball room, it just makes me nervous that It might take off my head. In Space Mountain, I know there is lots of metal above my head, and I dang sure won't sit up in that ride.

DivaPrincess
03-10-2004, 01:42 PM
Maliboomer. I've done it before, but my hubby wanted to go again this past week. I nearly had a nervous breakdown. It was fine once it took off. Of course, it didn't help that the CM said "Are you sure you want to sit there?" Of course, my cruel husband thought it was hilarous.

I also don't like the top of Mulholland Madness sitting on the outside. Feels like I'm going to get flipped out.

Oh, and the strangest thing. In Feb, we took our girls, 18 months and 3 years. We only went on kiddie rides. Gadget's Go Coaster was so thrilling when that's the fastest thing you've ridden in months. The Matterhorn was a scream! Strange how those things work.

UncleGDogWord
03-10-2004, 04:40 PM
Mulholland Madness I hate, not because of the thrill of the ride, but of the whiplash I am going to get by riding it. I felt like I was in a paint shaker! They need some banks on that ride.

dasrock
03-11-2004, 03:02 AM
the ride into and out of LA:D

mousey_girl
03-11-2004, 05:38 AM
Originally posted by audibleatom
im afraid my car will break down in mr. toad and ill be stuck in hell FOREVER!!!!

Been there, done that (for 20 mins-it seemed like forever).

Screamin' makes me a bit nervous. The anticipation right before take off is great!

The SunWheel is another one I am not real comfie on. We have yet to be on a swinging car, and I don't see myself trying one any time soon.

Cadaverous Pallor
03-11-2004, 10:38 AM
Originally posted by UncleGDogWord
Mulholland Madness I hate, not because of the thrill of the ride, but of the whiplash I am going to get by riding it. I felt like I was in a paint shaker! They need some banks on that ride. The whole point of MM is that the turns aren't banked. That is the entire thrill factor! It's a classic type of coaster called a "mouse" ride, I believe.

Nothing scares me. All I get are delicious thrills. :cool: