PDA

View Full Version : A thought on DL bathrooms

drjones
03-08-2004, 10:37 PM
Like I said before, I think I think too much.

this thread is not about the cleanliness of Disneyland Bathrooms.

this is about the theming.

ever notice those neat sensor faucets whenever you wash your hands? (those of you who dont wash - shame on you)

pretty technological, huh?

where are they?

NOT IN TOMORROWLAND!!!

Why are they in fantasyland, where there aren't supposed to be sensors. tomorrowland, by all rights should have them, but they are conspicuously absent.

It's a conspiracy, I tell you!

DCAWhites
03-09-2004, 07:08 AM
Oddly enough, the restrooms at DCA are far more themed than those at disneyland:D Probably the only thing more themed.... I like the theming in the restroom next to Burger Invasion especially, as well as the one near Hollywood and Dine.

adriennek
03-09-2004, 07:14 AM
I agree, many of the DCA bathrooms are very well themed with really cool tile. Maybe someday those potty people will get them into that page they have. :rolleyes:

Automatic water faucets are cool. Automatic flush toilets make the bathrooms cleaner but they are very scary to little children. At least the Village Haus restrooms in Fantasyland have manual flush still in them, and, of course, Hungry Bear, but I wonder how long that will last.

The women in the Baby Care Center at DCA disabled the automatic flush on the child's toilet there. What person thought that putting an automatic flush on a small toilet for potty training kids was a brilliant idea? :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Adrienne

scaeagles
03-09-2004, 07:29 AM
Originally posted by drjones
Like I said before, I think I think too much.

Agreed.

I suppose we could take this to extremes. Is there a bathroom near where you meet Ariel? When the toilet flushes, we could have Ursela laughing and miniature ships caught up in the whirl pool.

Morrigoon
03-09-2004, 07:40 AM
LOL, oh yeah, because the automatic flush alone doesn't scare kids nearly enough!

Darkbeer
03-09-2004, 08:29 AM
How does Ariel go to the bathroom:confused:

:fez:

wwithers
03-09-2004, 12:19 PM
Just like the fishies?!

CarlieB
03-09-2004, 12:25 PM
My personal favourites are the bathrooms in Paradise Pier...there's nothing like being in the bathroom & hearing the screams from people on California Screamin' going past:D

Polar33
03-09-2004, 12:29 PM
Be careful what you wish for...you could end up with an outhouse in Frontierland.

CarlieB
03-09-2004, 12:33 PM
Or turn of the century bathrooms in Main Street...:D

Darkbeer
03-09-2004, 05:16 PM
Maybe that is why you get that weird smell when you walk into DCA......:eek:

;) :fez:

BELLEH5
03-09-2004, 05:26 PM
I thought that the werid smell was burnt coffee or popcorn?;)

Darkbeer
03-09-2004, 05:30 PM
The real smell is burnt coffee, but I think you missed the ";) ", as in it was said in jest......:fez:

DumboHead
03-09-2004, 08:12 PM
I too have noticed this...no big deal...I'm just waiting for someone to invent teh paperless bathroom, then i'll be impressed...

Darkbeer
03-09-2004, 09:05 PM
http://www.sandman.com/intimst.html

:eek:

audibleatom
03-10-2004, 06:51 AM
i personaly could care less about the bathrooms...as long as they are clean and work...i choose to get in and out as fast as possable and get on to the reason i came to the park...to ride rides...see shows...shop....not to sit on the can:)

Cadaverous Pallor
03-10-2004, 09:48 AM
Now I'm intrigued....anyone have kids that aren't scared by auto toilets? I would think at least some of them think they're cool.

SacTown Chronic
03-10-2004, 10:44 AM
Originally posted by Cadaverous Pallor
Now I'm intrigued....anyone have kids that aren't scared by auto toilets? I would think at least some of them think they're cool.

My kids love 'em.

Of course, that might be because their germ-freak father doesn't nag them about washing their hands as much as he does with the manual flush toilets.

drjones
03-10-2004, 07:02 PM
I'm scared of auto-flush toilets.

they go off while you're still sitting down

GeminiAngel
03-10-2004, 07:14 PM
Originally posted by Darkbeer
http://www.sandman.com/intimst.html

:eek:

Oh great- I could see my 2yr old using this as a drinking fountain!!!!!:eek: :D

Cadaverous Pallor
03-10-2004, 10:34 PM
Originally posted by drjones
I'm scared of auto-flush toilets.

they go off while you're still sitting down That's not so much scary as it is refreshing :eek: ;)

SacTown Chronic
03-11-2004, 05:52 AM
Courtesy flush!

Nephythys
03-11-2004, 06:57 AM
Our favorite bathroom was at Ariel's Grotto. We walked in and Rose said- "wow, Ariel has a pretty bathroom!"

I have not noted much other theming.:confused: