PDA

View Full Version : Am I losing my mind? [Orange Stinger]

Disney Vault
03-08-2004, 03:09 PM
Did the orange stingers use to have seats that looked like bees, or did I just imagine that? Where have they gone?

PS I know this happened a long time ago but I always forget to ask.

Cancer Norm
03-08-2004, 03:16 PM
I don't know, but you ARE losing your mind.....We all are. hehe:D

Ghoulish Delight
03-08-2004, 03:20 PM
Yes, when the parked opened, they had bee butts. To me, it was half the fun of the ride. :D The explanation I heard long ago was that they very quickly got chipped and instead of repairing them (because it would have been a constant process of repairing them), they just removed that little bit of theming.

Andrew
03-08-2004, 04:18 PM
I was unable to find a clear picture of the Stinger's seats in the Ultra-Complete and Superbly-Indexed MousePlanet Photo Archive™ but I did find these two using Google Image Search.

This one (http://www.dcacentral.com/dca/images/pics/pic_orange.jpg) from DCACentral.com shows the original seat styles, with the "Bee butts". And this one (http://www.rdrop.com/users/wakefiel/greymatter/images/DisneyWeb/pages/12OrangeStinger.htm), from a personal Web page, shows the configuration as of July '02, without the extra pieces.

millionairegirl
03-08-2004, 04:43 PM
I usually don't listen to the naysayers, and I usually don't find the cutbacks outrageous. Especially if the cost/benefit analysis is reasonable.

But I find this outrageous!!!

They went from cute little bee butts to carnival seats! Ugh! Ouimet bring back the bee butts! Hee, how's that for a slogan!?

Cadaverous Pallor
03-08-2004, 04:49 PM
Originally posted by Andrew
I was unable to find a clear picture of the Stinger's seats in the Ultra-Complete and Superbly-Indexed MousePlanet Photo Archive™ but I did find these two using Google Image Search. I might have a picture you could use for your photo archive. Let me do some digging and I'll get back to you.

When we went to the AP preview, the bee butts were already showing signs of wear. I am not surprised they took them off. It is a bummer, though. I'd probably go on this ride far more often if it had the bee butts. I haven't been on it in a year or more.

CaliforniaCrazy
03-08-2004, 11:05 PM
Originally posted by Mr.Zogs
I don't know, but you ARE losing your mind.....We all are. hehe:D

Oh, you can't help that. Most everyone is mad here. :p