PDA

View Full Version : When are good times to go? Downtimes?

jvickery
03-08-2004, 02:06 PM
so my girlfriend and i just got premium annual passes so we could go on saturdays. we thought that since it wasnt any special holiday and thunder & space mountains were both closed, that it wouldnt be too crazily crowded last weekend. (3/6, 3/7). anyway, to make a long story short we were WAY wrong and it was very very crowded and we were wondering if there was some place on the web where we could find out when the lulls in crowds were.
Ive heard from friends that the weekends following newyears were so light that they could walk right onto most rides without a wait.
Any other weekends all you regulars know about that we could go and not wait 2 hours for splash mountain? What other holidays should we wait for so we can go to disneyland the following weekend?

THANKS A MILLION!!

jess v

Forbin
03-08-2004, 02:16 PM
1) Any day that isn't a Holiday.

2) Any day that isn't above 75degs (It was 90 yesterday)

3) Tues - Weds

4) Any HOLIDAY where the holiday is monday (Travelling Day)

5) And any day there aren't Fricking Cheerleaders!

Your friend is right, you can go right after new years. It's cold, and no holiday. But if you want to go on a holiday go if it is a Monday, no one is there as everyone just spent 3 days (F-Su) and wants to go home on Monday.

Cancer Norm
03-08-2004, 02:29 PM
Forbin wrote:

5) And any day there aren't Fricking Cheerleaders!

Don't be knocking cheerleaders! My daughter is a cheerleader.
:cool:

Forbin
03-08-2004, 02:52 PM
Have you been to DL during Cheerleader Season? What a ZOO!!!!!!!

I have nothing against the girls but it is crowded with the Cheerleaders, their Sponsors, and all their well wishers....gah.

Trust me, jvickery does NOT want to go during Cheerleader Season.

MotorBoat Cruiser
03-08-2004, 09:55 PM
Usually when it rains, the crowds are pretty minimal.

drjones
03-08-2004, 10:20 PM
rain is good

no people

people no like be out in rain

jvickery
03-10-2004, 08:35 AM
thanks everyone for your help!
so there arent any other specific months or weeks besides after new years where the park is particularly empty?

sediment
03-10-2004, 09:51 AM
Check the SoCal Passes and Deluxe Passes for the busier times, which are blocked out.
Saturdays are busy. That's why they're blocked out on SoCal and many are blocke out on Deluxe.

One cheerleader is not so bad, and I'm sure, Mr.Zogs, your daughter is a fine young lady. Thousands of them are a different story. Group mentality is a lot different from singular mentality.

There is a web site that shows crowds by date or month.

Here's one:
http://www.intercotwest.com/resortGuide/whenToVisit.asp
Here's another:
http://www.scottware.com.au/theme/feature/crowds.htm

jvickery
03-11-2004, 10:07 AM
wow!
those links were EXACTLY what i was looking for.
thanks!!

splashmtngurl
03-12-2004, 05:54 PM
I believe the best time to go would be begining of spring break through oh.....end of may or so! its less crowded and durning spring break the park stays open till midnight on the weekends! its one of the best off times of the year and you definetly have a better choice of getting into the hotel you want!:p

sediment
03-12-2004, 06:05 PM
Originally posted by jvickery
wow!
those links were EXACTLY what i was looking for.
thanks!!
You're welcome. A few months ago someone posted them here. A few months from now, you might post them for someone else!
(I Yahoo!ed to find them. Just as the dolphin told me.)