PDA

View Full Version : What do you miss at Disneyland?

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

DisneyFan 1981
03-07-2004, 01:01 AM
I really miss the People Mover, especially the TRON segment. :(

I miss the Skyway through the Matterhorn. :( I loved passing through the Matterhorn and seeing that monster!

I kind of miss the Submarine Voyage, although I never cared for it too much. The fact is, it's just not there anymore! :(

I hear they replaced the Swiss Family Treehouse with Tarzan's Treehouse. How dare they! Oh, well, I guess Disney World's Magic Kingdom still has the Swiss Family Treehouse! What bothers me is that I'm worried about all the classic Disney films like Swiss may end up being forgotten. :(

And I miss the Tahitian Terrace! :( My family used to eat there a lot when we visited Disneyland in the 80's! I remember in 1987, when I was five years old, one of the dancers pulled my sister and me on the stage to dance and they gave us wreaths to wear afterwards! When I last visited Disneyland in 1994, the Tahitian Terrace had been replaced by some Aladdin dinner show, which was fine, but apparently, acccording to my Birnbaum's Disneyland guide, that's not even there anymore!

Speaking of 1987, that was the year of Snow White's 50th anniversary! I was at Disneyland for about two weeks that year, and I remember every day, watching the Snow White parade! I loved that parade!

So much time has gone by and changed everything. :(

sleepyjeff
03-07-2004, 01:51 AM
Oh, yes the Tahitian Terrace. Do we dare hope that the re-furb of the Tiki room coupled with the re-furb of the Plaza Pavilion bodes well for a return of the Tahitian Terrace. One can only hope.

Aside from the TT. I miss the whole Neverland area; skull, pirate ship, et all. And of course I miss Tomorrowland(can anyone honestly argue that TL exsists anymore).

But most of all; I miss the Parking Lot...(I really do) :)

BornieoTheLoveBug
03-07-2004, 02:09 AM
I miss the old Autopia. I was in line the other day and really missed the whole "To make your car go...." and the environment of the que.

Oh well...

merlinjones
03-07-2004, 08:19 AM
Flying high over Disneyland in the Skway...

Visiting the Swiss Family Robinson and doing the Swisskapolka...

Flying high over Tomorrowland in my very own Rocket Jet...

Ejoying the aloha spirit at the Tahitian Terrace...

Whooping it up for the Can-Can girls at The Golden Horseshoe...

Fearing that I might go on shrinking in Adventure Thru Inner Space...

Journeying 20,000 leagues beneath the sea to visit the wonders of the deep on a Submarine Voyage...

Celebrating a jorney across America in CircleVision...

(sob)

Cancer Norm
03-07-2004, 09:11 AM
......I miss CircleVision most of all. Both of them. but especially American Journeys. What a fantastic view of the US. From little east coast villages that time forgot to being between first and second base at Dodger Stadium! Truely a great 360 visual. I don't think I ever missed a chance seeing it when it was open.

Disney Vault
03-07-2004, 11:41 AM
people always complain about the cheap carnival rides at DCA so why would you miss the sky way. It was so ugly and every carnival has one now. I will never miss that. However Swiss Family Tree house was better than Tarzan's and I think they can do something great with the sub lagoon.

sleepyjeff
03-07-2004, 12:07 PM
Originally posted by Disneys Biggest Fan
people always complain about the cheap carnival rides at DCA so why would you miss the sky way. It was so ugly and every carnival has one now.....

Except that Carnival in the old Disneyland Parking lot...

;)

tahnok100
03-07-2004, 12:17 PM
Tommorowland. All of it. I loved the futuristic white and blue as a pose to the ugly earth tones. What does dirt have to do with the future? I also liked the fact that it wasn't a depressing graveyard... those were the days, you could walk through there and there would be people and lines! Yes, there were people and rides in Tommorowland, it's not just a myth.

Tigertail777
03-07-2004, 01:46 PM
people always complain about the cheap carnival rides at DCA so why would you miss the sky way. It was so ugly and every carnival has one now.

First of all nope... a lot of amusement parks USED to have one, most have gotten rid of them now. Secondly it was a GREAT fantastic way to view the park. You could get views from it that you couldnt get from anything else in the park, and watching the fireworks from them was pure magic! Only thing I dont miss is how my brother used to rock them and scare the crap out of us.:D

SteveK
03-07-2004, 02:26 PM
Rocket Jets Up High
Peoplemover
Adventure Thru Innerspace
Rocket to the Moon
Submarines

Basically, the old tomorrowland

-Steve

UncleGDogWord
03-07-2004, 02:26 PM
I miss America Sings. It was out dated and a little hoaky, but I loved that Garage Band The Doors style organ at the end.

I have the sound trak on CD and I love it!

GeminiAngel
03-07-2004, 03:36 PM
I miss the way it was in 1985. That was the first time I ever went to DL- I had just turned 16. But-yes there is a "But". I do like the whole DTD and DCA-Grand California Hotel thing. Sorry guys I really do like the whole feel of it.

Hamradio
03-07-2004, 04:41 PM
I'm old enough to remember (and miss) the Flying Saucers.

Moonliner
03-07-2004, 05:57 PM
At the risk of repeating my self a bit too much:

SPINNING ON THE TEACUPS.

Disney Vault
03-07-2004, 07:35 PM
What were the flying saucers?

stan4d_steph
03-07-2004, 07:38 PM
Originally posted by Disneys Biggest Fan
What were the flying saucers? For a good idea of "What Once Was" try Yesterland. (http://www.yesterland.com)

MZCosmo
03-08-2004, 12:46 AM
The Disney in Disneyland.

BJW
03-08-2004, 01:24 AM
Rocket Rods
Videopolis
Tron tunnel in Peoplemover
Sleeping Beauty walkthrough
Golden Horshoe Revue
Magic Journeys/Captain Eo
America Sings
Motor Boat Cruise
Skyway
Mission to Mars

ppmuse
03-08-2004, 07:13 AM
Things I miss:

People Mover - always nice to just relax, never a line, and if you put your feet on the side of the ramp, you got a free foot massage!!

Rocket Rods - A great replacement for People Mover. Entertaining, and the breeze in your hair was awesome. Short lived, but fun.

BT Ranch Bar-B-Que - Didn't like the food too much (not a ribs kind of guy), but sitting by the fire after a long day was awesome and nice.

Swiss Family - Loved walking up those steps to the song from the organ

Snoring Bear - When you walked to go see Country Bear Jamboree and the Hungry Bear, there was that snoring bear, who is now in Splash Mountain. But you could hear it from the walkway

Parking Lot - Just walking down the walkway in the middle of the Parking lot and see the train station, the Matterhorn, and Space Mountain, and your excitement building up and til you almost exploded, then you were through the gates. Now, you can't really see the originaly park, and your excitement doesn't build like it use to.

A Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow - to young to remember it at Disneyland, but I do enjoy it at WDW, still get the song stuck in my head. I, too, have the cd from America Sings, but I don't miss it, nor would I miss Interventions. Tear it down, put something else there.

Dlandmom
03-08-2004, 07:41 AM
Peoplemover

America Sings!

Tahitian Terrace

CircleVision

Country Bears

And GeminiAngel, don't apologize for liking DCA. You're fully entitled to have your own opinion!:)

Pirate Girl
03-08-2004, 08:29 AM
I miss:

The Swiss Family Robinson Treehouse (Tarzan, who are they kidding?)
Country Bear Jamboree
The Fort on TSI
The Politically incorrect POTC
When the castle walkthru was open and the castle had paint
The Lion King parade
The peoplemover

Well, that was easy enough. ;)

dude
03-08-2004, 09:48 AM
I miss:

Submarines
PeopleMover
A vacant America Sings building (the first time I can remember going to DL it was closed and I miss that feel of mystery because I was like 5 at the time)
Rocket Rods
Skyway
Teacups being able to spin
CM's that actually knew what they were doing
The big Disneyland sign they sold to John Stamos
Captain EO!

That's all I can think of.

CoasterMatt
03-08-2004, 10:42 AM
I miss making fun of the suckers that actually waited in line to ride rocket rods, sitting stopped "temporarily". :~D

Shopping cart, an electric toothbrush, and a couple willing (strong) friends make for an EXCELLENT Rocket Rods simulation - you might even be able to go further than 20 feet without slowing down. :D

Mouseearsusa
03-08-2004, 11:30 AM
Phantom Boats
20,000 Leagues under the sea
Mickey Mouse club circus
Rocket to the moon
Rocket Rods
Mine Train
Mike Fink Keel Boats

:(

mad4mky
03-08-2004, 12:06 PM