PDA

View Full Version : It's been so long since I bought a ticket... How does it work now?

tracilicious
03-06-2004, 11:10 AM
ok, i'm embarrassed to even be asking this question, but i haven't bought tickets in a long time. can you buy a park hopper at the gate, or do you have to get it at a disney store?

also, has anyone that is not a california resident tried to buy a so cal AP lately? we have ours, but i know that the policy changes from time to time.

the reason i ask is because we are taking my 8 year old niece in a few weeks, and i'd like to get her a so cal ap in case we want to take her again. but if we can't then i will just get a three day park hopper.

thanks to anyone who knows the answer.

:) traci

Darkbeer
03-06-2004, 02:18 PM
You can buy one day tickets, the special SoCal 2fer ticket, a regular 2 day ticket and even 3 and 4 day tickets at the main gate.

But if you are planning to buy a three day ticket, there are better places to do it... a 4 day ticket for the price of 3 is available right across the street at the Anaheim Tourist Center in the McDonald's parking lot (or at many of the hotel front desks).

A 5 day for the price of 3 is available at AAA offices, and online at Disneyland.com. The AAA Passport Plus comes with extra goodies, so it would be my first choice.

All the multi-day tickets now have a 2 week shelf life after first use.

SoCalDisneyLover
03-07-2004, 12:15 AM
Originally posted by Darkbeer
All the multi-day tickets now have a 2 week shelf life after first use.

I thought that if you buy the Hopper Passes at the Ticket Windows themselves, that they are good for 2 Years from that date.

The discounted passes you buy elsewhere have the 13-Day limit, but the Full Priced ones at the park are good for a full 2 Years. Or at least they used to be that way. However, you don't get the 1-2 Bonus Days on those.

EandCDad
03-07-2004, 06:05 AM
Originally posted by tracilicious
also, has anyone that is not a california resident tried to buy a so cal AP lately? we have ours, but i know that the policy changes from time to time.

I haven't read anything recently about someone trying to buy one from out of state, but I know since the report (back in September 2003) that Disney was enforcing the zip code requirements on these passes, several people without So. Cal. ID have said they successfully purchased them.

Thomas
03-07-2004, 08:53 AM
DLR has 8 ticket booths with 8 windows at each.

First, they will only have 1 ticket booth open, and probably not all the windows.

Second, you will wait in a riduculously long line at the turnstiles, because since Disneyland has about 20+ turnstiles, they will only have 3 open.

Only ranting because this happened to me on 03/06.

tracilicious
03-07-2004, 01:25 PM
Originally posted by Darkbeer

A 5 day for the price of 3 is available at AAA offices, and online at Disneyland.com. The AAA Passport Plus comes with extra goodies, so it would be my first choice.

always full of information darkbeer! do you have to be a AAA member to buy the ticket?