PDA

View Full Version : Star Tours... what should the new film be?

Pages : [1] 2

BrerFox
03-05-2004, 11:09 AM
Every time I think about Startours, I think about when I sat in the back left corner. I got bumped around royally and I could see the strobe light effect clearly to my left. The film seemed warn as well.
It was pretty traigic. From what little buzz I've heard, 2006 (or 7....something like that) is when Lucus might release a new film for ST.
What do you think it might be? Podrace? Flying through the forests of endor? (Thats if you ever make it there in the first place:D )
Or will it me the magical flight of Eisner and his narrow esacpe from the choping block?
"Hey! Sorry folks! I'm sure do better next time! It was my first flight and I'm still getting to know my programing. Hey! HEY!"
-silly little robot who's name eludes me.

sediment
03-05-2004, 11:26 AM
Nothing happens until Eisner is gone.

tahnok100
03-05-2004, 11:42 AM
Originally posted by BrerFox Or will it me the magical flight of Eisner and his narrow esacpe from the choping block?

That one sounds like fun! ;)

BTW, Back left and right corners are known to be rough on all simulators. If you want a smooth ride sit front-center. This is true with pretty much all simulators no matter how much they are maintained. You can even feel the difference in Indy.

Pirate Girl
03-05-2004, 12:31 PM
Originally posted by BrerFox
Or will it me the magical flight of Eisner and his narrow esacpe from the choping block?

LOL. Or maybe he won't miss the chopping block this time...:~D

But back to the topic at hand. I think a podracing version of Star Tours would be fantastic. They could probably even get that little kid who played Anakin in Episode 1 to narrate it, since his career has taken off the way it has. Or hasn't, however you want to look at it. ;)

Or, they could have several different films...one for each simulator. And they could move them around so you would never know which one you were going to get. Kinda like the whole Gold, Silver, and Bronze Temple thing in Indy...but more elaborate.

SteveK
03-05-2004, 02:19 PM
Originally posted by Pirate Girl

Or, they could have several different films...one for each simulator. And they could move them around so you would never know which one you were going to get. Kinda like the whole Gold, Silver, and Bronze Temple thing in Indy...but more elaborate.

I'm somewhat of a Star Wars geek and I like your idea. My original thought was that the ride became a history of Star Wars. Start by flying through the worlds/environments of Episode I and move your way through Episode 6, ending with the destruction of the second death star. The sad thing about all of this is that I can rarely ride Star Tours due to motion sickness...

-Steve

Disneyphile
03-05-2004, 02:22 PM
I think it should be an exciting pod race with Jar Jar as a cheerleader. ;)

MotorBoat Cruiser
03-05-2004, 03:53 PM
I thought I had heard that the relationship between Lucas and Disney wasn't so good at the present time. If that is the case, I wonder if Lucas would even be willing to make a new film for the ride.

SoCalDisneyLover
03-05-2004, 07:09 PM
I would not be surprised if the differences are between Lucas & Eisner, rather than Lucas & Disney. Same as with Steve Jobs/Pixar.

Another reason why he has to go.

MrToad
03-05-2004, 07:41 PM
On one hand, the effects are starting to show their age. You could put some really amazing effects in there, nowadays.
On the other hand, I'd be a little nervous if they put in a new show, because theres always the chance that it will be a lot worse than the current one. Remember the WDW Tiki Room..

Tigertail777
03-05-2004, 08:15 PM
HOTH! HOTH! HOTH!

LOL... I would love to go to the icy planet Hoth, and go in and out of the At-at's legs like in empire strikes back, and then see the abominable snowman er... uhhhh or is that the matterhorn? LOL you get what I mean.:D

DrIndianaJones
03-05-2004, 09:24 PM
Lucas has stated that he was planning on a new film(s) for StarTours, but only after he was finished with Episode III.
I have a feeling that the ride will go down for a major refurb after the 50th and re-open with a new and improved TL (which looks likes it will be updated in bits and pieces).

Disneyfreak
03-05-2004, 10:13 PM
Hoth definately! But I also think they should make each simulator with a different destination.

tahnok100
03-05-2004, 10:52 PM
Originally posted by Tigertail777
HOTH! HOTH! HOTH!

LOL... I would love to go to the icy planet Hoth, and go in and out of the At-at's legs like in empire strikes back, and then see the abominable snowman er... uhhhh or is that the matterhorn? LOL you get what I mean.:D

Wow! That is the best idea I have heard yet. And think of what they could do to the queue! This is one of my favorite levels in Rogue Leader-Rogue Squadron.

Pirate Girl
03-05-2004, 10:52 PM
Originally posted by MrToad
On one hand, the effects are starting to show their age. You could put some really amazing effects in there, nowadays.
On the other hand, I'd be a little nervous if they put in a new show, because theres always the chance that it will be a lot worse than the current one. Remember the WDW Tiki Room..

I doubt George Lucas would allow the Star Wars name to be put on anything that wasn't up to par...

Disneyfreak
03-05-2004, 10:55 PM
LOL what about the new star wars movies, they suck.:D

Icy Bacon
03-05-2004, 11:25 PM
^ So true. :geek:

I'd honestly be perfectly happy if the cabins got redone and a mini-version of Stormrider got put in there, all of like 1% maybe of guests would notice the cloned attraction.

As for Star Tours... considering that any new film would probably involve the new bad movies, how about a flight to Coruscant? Just think about the chase scene in #2... now THAT is simulator material.

Tref
03-06-2004, 01:45 AM
I say dump Star Wars all together and replace it with a Disney-fied motion picture, say, Tron or even the Black Hole (Ernest Borgnine can sit in for the robot)

I see Borgnine, maybe even wearing his cabby hat from, Escape from New York. "Snake Plissken, I'm going to have to put you on the game grid."

Then at the end of the ride everybody gets a free candy apple on a stick. And those who don't want their candy apple, can give it to me.

Photographer
03-06-2004, 06:50 AM
Spaceballs: The Ride

A girl can dream. You fight the evil Dark Helmet and Colonel Sanders in your Winnebago. As you increase your speed you go from Ridiculous to Ludicrous and shoot into the Ford Galaxy where everything has gone to plaid.

At least I made myself laugh. :D

LIMANDL4EVA
03-06-2004, 07:59 AM
Originally posted by BrerFox
-silly little robot who's name eludes me.

BTW his name is "Rex" spelt as "WRECKS"

BrerFox
03-06-2004, 08:37 PM
Things I had never thought about!!:D :D

Hows about "Mission: Hoth"!!! That would be something NEW!!
Fire the toe hook at the right time, have the bace gunner take down a AT-AT. Just have mission spacey, Star wars themed! maybe a litttle violent for Disney, but Matt O is a man who takes things by the grapes.............he'll do something great!

If we can do a simulater in our own galaxy, why can't we do it in one far, far away?

UncleGDogWord
03-07-2004, 03:17 PM
What would be nice is if they remaster the original film and create a new one and rotate the films to offer multiple destination like they advertise inside the ride.

From what I understand it was a twenty minute film to begin with, so maybe pull some of the old footage out and create a new film.

Pirate Girl
03-07-2004, 07:05 PM
Originally posted by Photographer
Spaceballs: The Ride

A girl can dream. You fight the evil Dark Helmet and Colonel Sanders in your Winnebago. As you increase your speed you go from Ridiculous to Ludicrous and shoot into the Ford Galaxy where everything has gone to plaid.

At least I made myself laugh. :D

Hey, you make me laugh too...as would that ride! :fez:

Pirate Girl
03-07-2004, 07:07 PM
Originally posted by UncleGDogWord
From what I understand it was a twenty minute film to begin with, so maybe pull some of the old footage out and create a new film.

Actually, I think they are/were planning that.

Lunatic
03-08-2004, 01:55 AM
Too bad they cant refit it and do something similar to Soaring Over California.

Do a montage of different Star Wars flybys - i.e. flying through the forests of endor with the speeders, flying across the flats of Hoth during the battle, Tatooine deserts with Jabba's Palace etc
Add in the smell technology with the forests and Ice/snow and you've got yourself a winner.

If they wanted a story it could be set thusly:

Students of the New Republic in a Virtual Reality Museum learning about the History of the Rebellion against the Empire.

This takes the whole star wars theme more seriously - there's only so many times before WRECKS/REX gets on your nerves :)

ppmuse
03-08-2004, 06:59 AM
I think the Hoth idea and the Spaceball ideas rule. And if they were going to do something from the old movies, Hoth would be the way.

Unfortunately, it's probably going to be yanked from one of the boring movies that have just been released. If that's the case, then I would have to go for an under water version. All the Star Tour-like rides I've been on, the underwater ones are the best. Add some water spitting at you, and a fun story, it could be fun. Just please, no Jar Jar.