PDA

View Full Version : Is there any advantage to booking with AAA or Disneyland rather than Orbitz?

dmalcolm
03-05-2004, 10:21 AM
We are planning a five day trip to Disneyland this spring, staying at the Grand Californian, and have found that we can save about $300 on the room rate by booking the room through Orbitz and then getting the 5 day tickets from Disney. Do the packages from AAA or Disney offer anything that could be worthwhile that could make up for the additional costs? This is our first family trip to Disneyland and we want to do it right but not throw money away. Thanks for your help.

Darkbeer
03-05-2004, 10:30 AM
Booking thru AAA will get you the "enhanced FastPass" option, which is nice, but not sure if it is worth $300, you also get a discount coupon booklet, and some front of the line passes for Aladdin....

I would book the hotel thru Orbitz, and then get my 5 day tickets thru AAA, just order the Passport Plus tickets from the TRAVEL dept. (the ticket packages are listed in the DL travel catalog). They are $129 for adults, same price as Disney.com.

derraj25
03-06-2004, 07:33 AM
Not sure if this will help, but we went down last month, we booked about a month in advance through our local travel agent. We checked with Alaska Airlines, (Kids fly free), Disneyland.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, and Expedia, and my travel agent beat the lowest "PACKAGE" price by $350. We stayed 3 nights at the Paradise Pier, flew round trip from PDX to SNA and had SuperShuttle transfers; all for $1200. Disneyland.com was over $1600, and the "online" travel agencies were about $1500 or so.

Sheilaras
03-06-2004, 01:23 PM
We just booked w/AAA and we are saving a decent amount ($400) over booking ourselves.

This is what they offer for enhancements:

Unlimited FastPasses (only if you stay on-site)
4 shows w/preferred seating
Upgraded Park-Hoppers (we got a 4 day for the same price as a 2 day)
2 Free Lanyards & Pins per room
Free DL and CA Parking
Coupon Book
Pocket Guide to Park

We also got a rental car through them and the whole package I thought was pretty good:

4 day rental car, 2 nights at the BW, plus the above was $1124.

To us, we really liked the Park Hopper upgrade the best.

PS You don't need to join AAA to book through them and get your discounts, you just pay a $50 booking fee. It is a $25 booking fee if you're a member.