PDA

View Full Version : we have an import

olegc
08-28-2018, 10:08 AM
looks like the now removed Pineapple Lumpia once served at Pandora's food venue (since removed) will make its way west...
https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2018/08/sneak-peek-what-to-discover-at-the-tropical-hideaway-in-disneyland-park/

NickP
08-29-2018, 10:23 AM
ooh, excited to try the bao's too!

cstephens
08-29-2018, 10:27 AM
I like lumpia but pineapple and sweet cream cheese lumpia doesn't sound appealing to me.

And "bao bun" is making me itch.

AnotherJenny
08-29-2018, 11:22 AM
I'm going to try a bunch of stuff there, but...

I've been pretty disappointed with most of Disney's attempts at ethnic food over the years. There are so many great options in the surrounding areas, they just can't compete.

indiejones33
08-29-2018, 04:04 PM
I'm going to try a bunch of stuff there, but...

I've been pretty disappointed with most of Disney's attempts at ethnic food over the years. There are so many great options in the surrounding areas, they just can't compete.

Did you ever try the whole Tilapia over at Paradise Grill during the Lunar New Year festival? That was an amazing dish and I hope they bring it back next year.

AnotherJenny
08-29-2018, 07:25 PM
No, I wanted to, but I ended up trying something else and not going back. I'd need someone to share it with, I'm sure. A couple of the Lunar New Year tastes were alright (value for the price is debatable). It's the regular menu offerings I mostly take issue with.