PDA

View Full Version : Good Charlotte at Disneyland!

Pages : [1] 2

disneyfreak2727
03-03-2004, 03:53 PM
Dosent anybody think that Good Charlotte would be great at Disneyland????:D :D :D :D :p

odnamraortsac
03-03-2004, 04:32 PM
I guess not!

Moonliner
03-03-2004, 04:57 PM
Originally posted by disneyfreak2727
Dosent anybody think that Good Charlotte would be great at Disneyland?

Well I do understand that there will be an opening over at DCA soon.....

http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=25779

:)

tracilicious
03-03-2004, 08:32 PM
umm, no. i don't think any of these no talent teen bands will ever play at disneyland. i have never seen a really high profile band there and i hope i never do.

mzloolue
03-03-2004, 09:27 PM
tracilicious, while you're "dancing in the street" is it perhaps to the swinging beat of Lawrence Welk?

mousey_girl
03-04-2004, 05:21 AM
Originally posted by mzloolue
tracilicious, while you're "dancing in the street" is it perhaps to the swinging beat of Lawrence Welk?

ummm... what does that make me? I have never even heard of Good Charlotte.

mzloolue
03-04-2004, 08:59 AM
Mousey_girl,
Good Charlotte is a punk band with a positive message. They are the champions of those teens who feel unaccepted by their peers. Their music gives hope to kids who are teased, shunned, or verbally abused by other kids. High school can be such a vicious place that some kids need help to make it out alive. Their songs reach out to kids who are depressed and they deliver a strong anti-teen suicide message.(Suicide is the third leading cause of death in teenagers)

goodcharlotte.com (www.goodcharlotte.com)
Go to their website a find the link to the Today Show interview. You may become a fan too.

tracilicious
03-04-2004, 09:59 AM

lol! that is too funny. good charlotte is by no means punk. i have no problem if other people want to listen to them, but i certainly hope to never see them at disneyland. but heck, if they do come, i'll just bring a cd player and listen to some real punk or indie rock. and thank goodness that most of the "punk" kids will have never heard of those bands so that my favorite bands aren't tempted to become part of the watered down, talentless drek that is on the radio.

[/musicsnob] :~D

BrerFox
03-04-2004, 10:11 AM
Good charlette is a pop punk dookie that was made by a clothing line to sell their product. In other words, all this "pop-punk-indie-rock" wanna-be kids are making albums that have messages but first you have to buy the buttons, the patches, get a membership at hot topic and say that you're something your not.

if you have to say your "Punk", then your not.
end of story.

mzloolue
03-04-2004, 10:29 AM
tracilicious and BrerFox, laugh at the Hot Topics posers all you want, but do watch the interview with the kids who credit GC's lyrics with helping them survive high school. Even if you don't like their music, you have to give them credit for that.

tracilicious
03-04-2004, 01:47 PM
no. sorry i don't give any band credit for saving a kids life. just like i would not accuse a band of making a teen kill themselves if their song had a negative message. i think it is great that their songs have a positive message. more bands should do that. but i've heard good charlotte and there are probably as many kids that misinterpret their message as being negative as there are kids who are uplifted by it. when kurt cobain died there were kids on mtv saying that he saved their lives when they were suicidal and nirvana did not have a positive message. it's all about what a person chooses for their outlet.

Cancer Norm
03-04-2004, 01:51 PM
Disneyfreak2727 wrote:

Dosent anybody think that Good Charlotte would be great at Disneyland????
No, not a good idea...

Led Zeppelin, Bad Company, Van Halen(with David Lee Roth), Tom Petty, Rolling Stones, Puddle of Mudd.......Now your Talkin'!!

mkyears
03-04-2004, 04:26 PM
hmm Personally I wouldn't really want to see them there I agree zeppelin would rule shoot I would rather see led zepagain the tribute band before seeing good charlotte. Sorry just my two cents

MotorBoat Cruiser
03-04-2004, 05:22 PM
I'm not familiar enough with "GC" to post an opinion about that. I think it would be great if Disneyland starting bringing more entertainment into the park again. I remember when I was a kid that there were always name acts appearing at Disneyland, many at the stage where space mountain now sits. Most notably, were all of the big bands that DL used to book. Granted, DCA has acts appearing from time to time. I would just like to see more of it at Disneyland.

Cancer Norm
03-05-2004, 02:40 PM
I know I'm going to date myself but I remember my parents taking us to DL to see Bobby Sherman playing in the Tomorrowland Terrace. Also Just by luck each year they took us there and lo and behold the "Big Bands" would be playing on the Carnation Stage.

Moonliner
03-05-2004, 02:51 PM
As an official "Old Timer"...

How much of an Old Timer you ask??? I've seen the Beatles LIVE in concert.

I had a chance to see Good Charlotte live at the NFL kickoff party on the national mall along with Ms. Spears..

I have to say that in person they put on a very good show. They were fully of energy and unlike some mentioned above actually sang live. I'd give them two thumbs up.

Of course I've never actually listed to the words... Other than:
"You, don't wanna be just like you" Which I took to be aimed at us parents in the crowd.

So Yes, I think they'd put on a fine concert at DL. But I'd still stand way to the back...

BryanPeek
03-05-2004, 03:19 PM
Disneyland should only have family friendly bands. They had the Eagles Cover Band in DCA in December. That was cool.

mzloolue
03-05-2004, 03:40 PM
Eagles hunh? I think I remember them having some drug songs, or did they leave out Hotel California ?

BryanPeek
03-05-2004, 03:49 PM
I guess your right. But, Good Charlotte isn't considered a "clean" band either. Almost every band has a drug song or two. But as far as the Eagles are concerned, I don't believe, correct me if I'm wrong, I don't believe that their "drug" songs were as crystal clear as some bands that have been mentioned.

I can't think of a band off the top of my head that is a "clean" band.

mzloolue
03-05-2004, 04:02 PM
How about Raffi?

BryanPeek
03-05-2004, 04:46 PM
never heard of them. What songs they play?

mzloolue
03-05-2004, 05:02 PM
It's one guy with a guitar. I bet you know his songs, like Wheels on the Bus, Mr. Sun, Down by the Bay, Baby Beluga. Kids love him. He's totally friendly. Absolutely no drug songs!

Disney Vault
03-05-2004, 05:19 PM
GC has no place at any Disney park. Send them over to a six flags.

BryanPeek
03-06-2004, 07:48 AM
It's one guy with a guitar. I bet you know his songs, like Wheels on the Bus, Mr. Sun, Down by the Bay, Baby Beluga. Kids love him. He's totally friendly. Absolutely no drug songs!

lol. are you mocking me?

mzloolue
03-07-2004, 06:52 AM
BryanPeek, It would not be polite to mock you and I always try to be polite; however, sometimes I am not successful in my quest for civility. I think Raffi would be great at Disney, but he would need to perform early while his fans are still awake.
Seriously, I can't think of any band that would interest the young, while not offending the old. Maybe Hoobastank, or Smash Mouth would come closest to "clean". It's debatable.