PDA

View Full Version : Tropicana Inn VS. Park Vue Inn

keschy
03-03-2004, 11:42 AM
We will be coming to Disneyland June 13-17 and I am trying to decide between these 2 hotels. I have read lots of reviews and they seem to be similar but it sounds like the Tropicana may be a little better. I have reservations at Tropicana for $68 a night but could get Park Vue Inn for $72 a night so there's not much difference in price. Has anyone gone to Tropicana since the renovations? I'm just looking for any input that would help make the final choice. Thanks!

julia
03-03-2004, 12:29 PM
Hi,

With the recent renovation, Disney has moved the Tropicana Inn from an economy hotel to a moderate hotel. With the recent renovation, I think that I would go with the Tropicana. The Park Vue has an excellent location, but the pool was small and it seemed more noisy from the traffic. The last time I visited, the rooms had been cleaned (very nicely!), but housekeeping seemed to have used a air freshener spray. The scent of the spray was quite strong, so it might not be appropriate if you are sensitive to perfumes, have respiratory allergies. Prices are usually quite comparable at the Candy Cane Inn, the Hilton Garden Inn and if you'd like a suite, look at the Portofino or the Embassy Suites Anaheim South. You might also check with the Anaheim Marriott.

The prices are not always very different between economy, moderate or deluxe hotels. The different categories are created because of upgraded and more amenities, NOT because of price.

Please feel free to e-mail me if you have any questions!

Have a magical day!
Julia

daannzzz
03-03-2004, 01:12 PM
Definately the Tropicana over the Park Vue. The Park Vue is currently remodeling their entrance and office but I don't know it they are putting money into the buildings that house the rooms and they need too!

oohykitten
03-03-2004, 02:51 PM
Isn't the Tropicana VERY close to the front gate, with in walking distance?

daannzzz
03-03-2004, 03:14 PM
Yes. It is quite close. Here is a link that shows you where the motels are all located. The crosswalk over to the parks is in front of the BW Park Place Inn. http://www.beachcalifornia.com/dlmp.html

Sheilaras
03-04-2004, 07:28 PM
That's a really cool overview map, thanks, it helped me. :)

keschy
03-04-2004, 08:05 PM
Thanks for the relpies! After what I've heard I will go with the Tropicana. $68 seems like a good deal for mid June. It can't get here fast enough for me :)