PDA

View Full Version : When is Salt & Straw opening in DTD?

kimc0486
08-23-2018, 01:29 PM
Does anyone know more specifically when Salt & Straw is opening in DTD? I can only find "fall" in what I am reading. Anyone seen the construction progress?

Going in early October and hoping for an opening!

danyoung
08-24-2018, 05:13 AM
With the recent canceling of Disney's newest hotel, I'm guessing that everything in DTD is in flux.

cstephens
08-24-2018, 11:40 AM
With the recent canceling of Disney's newest hotel, I'm guessing that everything in DTD is in flux.

Not sure I'd assume that. The location of Salt and Straw is in an area that's not under dispute because of the hotel, and it's kind of in the middle of DTD, on the other side of the Uva Bar from Catal Restaurant proper. I wouldn't think one thing would have anything to do with the other.

danyoung
08-24-2018, 12:19 PM
It's just a guess, but I wouldn't be surprised if everything in DTD is on hold till things are sorted out with the city.

newhdplayer
08-24-2018, 03:32 PM
Does anyone know more specifically when Salt & Straw is opening in DTD? I can only find "fall" in what I am reading. Anyone seen the construction progress?

Going in early October and hoping for an opening!

Straws are on their way of being legislated out of existence in Cali, so this opening may be delayed

cstephens
08-24-2018, 05:55 PM
Straws are on their way of being legislated out of existence in Cali

Only the plastic ones.

LdyApxr
08-26-2018, 10:21 AM
Straws are on their way of being legislated out of existence in Cali, so this opening may be delayed

LOL! And not until January 1 plus you can still get a plastic straw on request. They just can't give them out without a specific request(and it does not apply to fast food/drive thrus etc ;) )

tea4two
08-26-2018, 09:38 PM
According to the coupons given out at today's CHOC Walk, Salt & Straw is expected to open in DTD in "Fall 2018." So, anytime between September and the holidays?

Moedad
08-28-2018, 10:46 AM
Construction walls are definitely up and demolition is currently happening in the future S&S location. The whole length from Naples Restaurant all the way west to the former Build-A-Bear location is being worked on. That's all I have to say about that.