PDA

View Full Version : San Diego Disney tickets

mpower_d
03-03-2004, 09:32 AM
I am taking my wife and 7 month old for their first trip. We are going 3/13/04. We plan on going to San Diego first (driving from Phoenix) and want to do SeaWorld or the San Diego Zoo. My question: does anyone know how to get 1) Disneyland tickets in San Diego so we have them and dont have to wait in line at Disney, or 2) a way to get a combo pass in San Diego for Sea World or the Zoo and 1 DAY Disneyland tickets???

Thanks in advance

MouseWife
03-03-2004, 10:47 AM
http://citypass.net/cgi-bin/citypass

I don't know if this has what you need, I haven't opened the link in a while......

Or can you still buy tickets at a Disney Store?

julia
03-03-2004, 01:01 PM
Hi,

You can combine San Diego hotels and several of the attractions in a Disneyland package from Walt Disney Travel Company. You get a discount on both your Disneyland tickets and your San Diego attraction tickets, including Sea World, etc. Last time I checked, you can still buy Disneyland passes at any Disney store, probably one in Phoenix, or San Diego. I would definitely recommend buying your tickets prior to your trip because you get a discount for the early purchase as opposed to buying at the gate.

Please feel free to e-mail me if you have any questions!

Have a magical day!
Julia

tinksmom
03-03-2004, 05:55 PM
I'm not sure about getting a combo pass for a one day visit, but you can get a Southern California Citypass that gives you a three day disneyland parkhopper plus passes to San Diego attractions (info at www.citypass.com) . I've used CItypass in San Francisco and Seattle and just loved them-see quote below:

NEW! Southern California CityPass bundles; a 3-Day Disneyland Resort Park Hopper® Ticket - valid for unlimited admission to both Disneyland® park and Disney's California Adventure™ park for three days; a 1-Day visit to Knott's Theme Park; and ample time to motor down the coast to stunning San Diego and two world-class parks; SeaWorld and the San Diego Zoo. (CityPass includes a 1-Day visit to each.) CityPass delivers six days of unforgettable fun and adventure at a savings of over 30% and 14 days to take it all in.

Darkbeer
03-03-2004, 07:35 PM
CityPass tickets are available at the ticket windows at SeaWorld, the San Diego Zoo and Disneyland.

mpower_d
03-03-2004, 09:09 PM
thanks everyone. I did check out the citypass deal and it wont work since we are planning only one day at Disney. I did end up winning a bid for Disneyland tickets on Ebay. I got them for 92 (plus 4 for shipping). I know I spent two extra dollars, but we wont have to hassle waiting in line to get them day of.

I checked w/ a local Disney store here in Phoenix and they only sell hopper passes.

Does anyone recommend Seaworld or the San Diego Zoo?

Mark

donatello3000
03-04-2004, 10:05 AM
Sea World is great for hot weather. The food is also really good. What I really like is the interaction between guests and animals. I love feeding the rays at the Forbidden Reef. Sometimes I go to SW for just an hour to visit the rays and then I go back home.
There just doesn't seem to be enough to do there, though. The good thing about that is that you can relax and see almost everything in the park.

In December, I went to the Zoo after not visiting for over 10 years. I don't remember it being so HUGE! I got lost trying to get out of the park. What's cool is that you're not limited to fish and sea mammals like at Sea World. So much variety in the park and so much to see. Make sure you study the map so you don't get lost. I think you can also pay for a bus tour of the park.

Although I visit SW more than the Zoo, I would recommend the Zoo, especially with your 7 month old. At Sea World, you have all these little children crowding around each exhibit to pet the animals. It's definitely a hands on experience. Might wanna take your young one when he/she is older.
San Diego Zoo is also in Balboa Park, the historic and artistic part of San Diego. If you leave early, there are still things to see and do outside the zoo. There are museums and old buildings... It's a really beautiful place.

Whichever one you choose... have fun here in San Diego! Hope it's nice and sunny.

unoriginal
03-04-2004, 07:29 PM
I would also ask how fit your family is for your visit. The zoo is great, lots to see and do. But it is the epitomy (sp?) of San Diego, the thing is just carved out of the hills and canyons of Balboa Park. If you don't exercise the morning you go, you will feel like you had one once you get to the exit. I have an annual family pass and we constantly see people huffing and puffing to shove their strollers around.

Seaworld on the other hand is built out along the shoreline. So its entire layout is very flat and not very strenuous. Not trying to sway you one way or the other. Just trying to point out something that probably doesn't get discussed very often.