PDA

View Full Version : Every land needs (finish the sentence)

Pages : [1] 2

03-03-2004, 07:03 AM
Reading the Tiki Room thread with its mention of the Country Bears replaced by Pooh and then the Tomorrowland thread with America Sings replaced by Innoventions, I thought we need to talk about what every land needs.

Country Bears was not only an attraction but also a cool, dark place to sit down and get out of the hot sun. Same with the Tiki Room. Same with America Sings. If you send them off to Yesterland, replace them with another attraction that's a cool, dark place to sit down and get out of the hot sun.

I'm saying that even an Indiana Jones-type and caliber replacement for the Tiki Room would be unacceptable. However, America Sings was a good replacement for the Carousel of Progress because it was the same kind of attraction. Each land needs an animatronic variety show.

Your thoughts?

ppmuse
03-03-2004, 07:07 AM
Unfortunately, in this day and age, it's the thrill rides that make the money. Disneyland is quite small, and doesn't have a lot of room. If the disney guys, who are currently in it for just the money, have an empty area, they are going to either put a thrill ride in its place, or a dumbo spin off (think Alladdin carpets at WDW). The animatronic show is a good idea. But people just don't go to them. If they can add some lasers, special effects, and some non-3D movie, it might have a hit. But it's hard to say.

Bill Catherall
03-03-2004, 08:45 AM
Every land needs...a fry cart.

Just kidding. Don't kill me.

Gemini Cricket
03-03-2004, 08:50 AM
Each land needs a new E-Ticket ride and less shops.
:)

SacTown Chronic
03-03-2004, 09:16 AM
Every land needs pressed penny machines......that provide the penny.

jrad32
03-03-2004, 09:16 AM
Each land needs full staffing so that all attractions are open.

Cadaverous Pallor
03-03-2004, 09:21 AM
Every land needs land-themed merchandise . Or rather, many lands can do without the same old character merch you can get on Main Street.

ppmuse
03-03-2004, 09:30 AM
Every land needs a gigantic picture of Michael Eisner and either a paint ball gun or darts to throw at the picture. Better set up some Fastpass booths, the line might get a bit too long.

Honestly, I think the lands need more trees and some of those mist machines for the summer. Tomorrowland needs their great rides back. Fantasyland needs more shade and characters walking around. Toon town needs more rides for people to go on while they're back there. Frontierland need more of something, can't think of what exactly. Adventureland is enjoyable as is. New Orleans Square is fine, as is. Critter Country needs either a nice restaurant where the store is by the exit of Splash Mountain, or more characters. It's hard to say.

CarlieB
03-03-2004, 10:48 AM
Every land needs well themed restaurants or food outlets with a good variety of food. No more burgers! We want a range of food, well-themed to the land in which it is being sold. The area around GRR, for example, could have a really cool outdoor BBQ-themed food area (kind of like the Big Thunder BBQ used to be), as well as a well-stocked fruit & vege cart...

Kevy Baby
03-03-2004, 12:34 PM
I'm surprised that no one has put this yet:

Every land needs a Weenie

tracilicious
03-03-2004, 01:57 PM
every land needs to use indoor queues so that people don't have to stand in the sun. plus it makes for less crowded walkways.

Cadaverous Pallor
03-03-2004, 02:06 PM
Every land needs lots and lots of benches!

Cancer Norm
03-03-2004, 02:50 PM
I don't know if every land needs the same thing, except a beer cart!
Seriously, there are lots of thing that could do to improve the overall park experence. For instance, Frontierland needs to further the "western" theme, by bring back the Big Thunder BBQ. I had many a great ribs at night around the campfire. I, my now exwife and the kids had a fantastic time and miss not being able to go there again. We now either eat at the Plaza Inn or at the French Market. Someone has already mentioned the burger situation. There is not one descent hamburger in the whole park! I know everyone hates Mcdonalds having a shack there but what about "In 'n' Out" sponsering the "Hungry Bear Restuarant". Just a thought. There certainly would be a great burger there! This is just one of many ideas I have and will post others when I have time and think of them!

What do you think? Thanx

Cadaverous Pallor
03-03-2004, 03:42 PM
Originally posted by Mr.Zogs
What do you think? Thanx Well, since you asked.... ;)

I have to say I dislike the idea of outside food inside the park. I know it's a Disney tradition to have corporate food sponsers, but I like the idea of getting "special" foods in the park - Hunny flavored popcorn, Mickey shaped pretzels, etc. I'd support an In-n-out sponsered restaurant but only if they sold special burgers that you didn't get at a normal In-n-out. It's much like Carnation providing Mickey shaped ice-cream - a sponsorship that's special for Disneyland.

Leap for Joy
03-03-2004, 03:56 PM
Every land needs consistent theming. The new rides need to have themed queues, like the classic rides do. I enjoy the rides, but total immersion is what I really look forward to.

odnamraortsac
03-03-2004, 04:37 PM
Every land needs at least one "slow ride" so one can relax when tired. Did I hear someone say "People Mover"?

PapiBear
03-03-2004, 06:15 PM
Every land needs.....EISNER GONE. :fez:

dlazechk
03-03-2004, 07:20 PM
every land needs
1. what cadaverous pallor said - a reason for me to go into that shop instead of the main store on main street. i loved looking for the different stuff to buy. on our last trip, we spent 9 days there and only shopped on main street even though we checked all the other stores.
2. this will be unpopular but we loved the 3-D films. they kept our imagination AND they provided a good place to sit for half an hour. i would love to see one in each land.
3. disney specific food for each land not the same old burger and sides fare which has replaced it.
4. charachter meet and greets specific to the land.

Little tod
03-03-2004, 08:08 PM
Tomorrowland needs- Skybuckets (hopefully with a more powerful motor), PeopleMover
Adventureland needs- A place to actually sit down and relax
Main Street needs- That's good
Mickey's Toontown needs- to stay open later during the summer
Fantasyland needs- water fountains (I'm always thirsty on that side of the park, don't know why...)
Critter Country needs- a train station
New Orleans Square needs- to distribute the Pirates of the Caribbean smell throughout the land
Frontierland needs- again, water fountains

I'm 14, so don't take my opinions too seriously.

--Lt

SandyPtownCA
03-04-2004, 05:55 AM
A little more Disney magic -- and a lot less Eisner "on the cheap."

mamabot
03-04-2004, 07:10 AM
Every land needs...some much deserved TLC.

And some new roof thatching. :D

ppmuse
03-04-2004, 07:25 AM
Quick off the topic, I like the disney burgers. I actually go to the Hungry Bear just to get a "Disney Burger", my family named the burger some time ago. I wouldn't complain if Hungry Bear was the only place at Disneyland that sold the "Disney Burger." There used to be a burger place in Fantasyland that my family use to go to, Pinochio's something I think. They changed it to pizza, the worst pizza I've ever had. Now we spend all our money on Disney burgers at HB and the mexican restaurant (aka BTM evac restaurant). Maybe I'll make a website: www.savedisneyburger.com ;-).

sleepyjeff
03-04-2004, 09:15 AM
Originally posted by Little tod
Tomorrowland needs- Skybuckets (hopefully with a more powerful motor), PeopleMover
Adventureland needs- A place to actually sit down and relax
Main Street needs- That's good
Mickey's Toontown needs- to stay open later during the summer
Fantasyland needs- water fountains (I'm always thirsty on that side of the park, don't know why...)
Critter Country needs- a train station
New Orleans Square needs- to distribute the Pirates of the Caribbean smell throughout the land
Frontierland needs- again, water fountains

I'm 14, so don't take my opinions too seriously.

--Lt

14 or 104....those are some very good thoughts:)

I would add that Main St. could use a first class night time parade.

donatello3000
03-04-2004, 10:24 AM
...Disney Villain meet and greets (whoever is Cruella near City Hall ROCKS!)
...themed music
...Pal Mickey (or whatever that thing was called)
...themed merchandise with Donald. I rarely see him now!
...a themed Mickey costume for meet and greets
...something to do when the westside is too crowded because of Fantasmic.
...clean restrooms
...wider walkways (kinda hard to fix that one)
...something to get rid of those darn crows!

And this isn't a land-specific thing, but I think there should be drying booths at GRR. Kinda like phone booths, but they blow hot air. Wasn't this one of the concepts for Cosmic Waves?

mad4mky
03-04-2004, 10:30 AM
Every land needs...ME to visit more often!! :D ;)