PDA

View Full Version : Photo proccessing discontinued!

stitcher
03-02-2004, 11:50 PM
I just realized that there is no mention here of the Disneyland Resort no longer offering photo proccessing...so here is my announcement:

On January 17, The Disneyland Resort discontinued photo proccessing for guests.

:( :( :( Wow, that hurt:crying: :crying: :crying:

Andrew
03-03-2004, 09:25 AM
Is this all film including the disposable cameras sold at the park? Any idea why or explanation?

marron-cream
03-03-2004, 10:35 AM
Is this all film including the disposable cameras sold at the park? Any idea why or explanation?

All film, all locations (hotels included); because no one used it.

Cancer Norm
03-03-2004, 03:06 PM
My advice........go digital.

stitcher
03-03-2004, 10:28 PM
Originally posted by Andrew

No...Just the proccessing

However, on a related note, Kodak did cease the production of standard film cameras around the same time. Whether this includes disposables, I am not sure.

stan4d_steph
03-04-2004, 04:35 AM
Originally posted by stitcher
No...Just the proccessing

However, on a related note, Kodak did cease the production of standard film cameras around the same time. Whether this includes disposables, I am not sure. Kodak will end distribution of APS and 35mm cameras in North America, but is still manufacturing for overseas markets such as China and India. Here's a press release. (http://kodak.com/US/en/corp/pressReleases/pr20040113-01.shtml)

Photographer
03-04-2004, 06:55 PM
Kodak's processing has never been good. Having worked in a retail camera store for over 3 years and dealing with Kodak constantly, I can assure you, you're better off.

For those of you with transporation, take your film to the Brea Mall about 15-20 minutes away. There's a Ritz Camera there that does in-house on a Fuji Frontier. Yes I used to work there and yes my friend runs the lab but her and her staff put out the best work in the area. They've won for being the high volume Ritz lab in S CA for years.

Tell Lisa that Original Lisa sent ya! :D

stan4d_steph
03-04-2004, 07:05 PM
Sorry but I'd have to beg to differ. I've grown up with Kodak and find the quality to be excellent, especially in the professional product range.

TP2000
03-04-2004, 09:56 PM
I like Kodak. They have nice commercials, and I always liked that "Makin' Memories" song the Sherman Brothers wrote for the Kodak Pavilion at Epcot back in the 80's. Kodak always seemed to work just great for me, but then I'm not a profesional photographer and wouldn't know the difference.

I can't remember one single Fuji commercial, except for that ugly green blimp that used to fly around.

If Fuji is so great, they should get a better PR company and hire someone to write a snappy jingle for them.

Ghoulish Delight
03-04-2004, 09:59 PM
I do all I can to ignore advertising, so I don't judge companies by their commercials, just by their quality.

We own a Kodak digital camera that takes fabulous pictures. And I've always used Kodak processing and have been very happy with it.

Pirate Girl
03-05-2004, 12:42 PM
Originally posted by Mr.Zogs
My advice........go digital.

NO! Film photography is an Art! Keep it around!

Pirate Girl
03-05-2004, 12:44 PM
Originally posted by TP2000
I like Kodak. They have nice commercials, and I always liked that "Makin' Memories" song the Sherman Brothers wrote for the Kodak Pavilion at Epcot back in the 80's. Kodak always seemed to work just great for me, but then I'm not a profesional photographer and wouldn't know the difference.

I can't remember one single Fuji commercial, except for that ugly green blimp that used to fly around.

If Fuji is so great, they should get a better PR company and hire someone to write a snappy jingle for them.

Since how good their advertising is clearly reflects how good their product is. ;)