PDA

View Full Version : Where to put the next " E Ticket " ride ?

zapppop
10-13-2001, 10:31 AM
I think the next one should go into Frontierland. There's not much in there to ride except for Big Thunder and the Mark Twain.

Jon Vincible
10-13-2001, 10:44 AM
Yeah, i think Frontierland needs more in it. It has BTM and Mark Twain, but i only ride those like once every trip. Adventureland has two "rides", which are very good. (Indy and JC). But nevertheless Adventureland is a pretty small land. I think they need another ride in Adventureland, but then again, crowds are pretty bad there. They're drawn to Indy, and i think Adventureland is the "fallout" area for the Fantasmic guests right? I know they're adding poo, and that should draw more guests to that end of the park, which is cool, i suppose. I do dislike how Critter Country "dead-ends" like that. Anyways, my statement was frontierland should get the next e-ticket.

SimpTwister
10-13-2001, 11:27 AM
A new 'E' in the BBQ area would be good, but I think Tomorrowland needs it more.

The highest density area of 'E's is the Adventureland/Nos/Critter Country area (JC, Indy, Pirates, Mansion, Splash), with BTMRR not far away.

There are only 2 E-tickets in TL (Star Tours and Space) and the Matterhorn is the only other one anywhere nearby.

I'd like to see a new E-Ticket on the Innoventions site (please!) or in the Sub Lagoon or Motor Boat Cruise areas.

innerSpaceman
10-13-2001, 12:11 PM
Don't ya think we're practically OWED an E Ticket in Tomorrowland? The last fiasco the likes of Rocket Rods was probaby the phatom boats back in the stone age. T-Land rehab was a complete failure and the old problem still remains ... the Land that should be fascinating is a deadzone. The place needs a new E-Ticket right now. Heck, it would take 2 or 3 just to bring the excitement level back to normal in that area. At this point, though, I'd settle for a red-faced return of the Peoplemover.

The real question is not where are we gonna get the next E Ticket, but when are we gonna get the six or seven of them that the park desperately needs.

FEJ
10-13-2001, 12:12 PM
I agree TomorrowLand could use an "E" ticket" ride. The old que for Rocket rods, along with Innoventions could be used.

How about a "Tunnel" attraction ( one that shows the history and old pieces of the park, like the que for rocket rods) that went under the Berm/Railroad track and connects to the old "Festival of fools"area. this would eliminate the"dead end problem with Bear Country. (I still call it that)

Just a couple thoughts

Jon Vincible
10-13-2001, 12:37 PM
Bringing the People Mover back would be awesome.

DisneylandKid
10-13-2001, 01:05 PM
I think that DCA needs the next E-Ticket, however if Disneyland were to get a new E-Ticket, I'd say it should either be in Frontierland or Tomorrowland. I think if somehow they could enlarge Adventureland walkways, they could also use an E-ticket (Lion King or Aladdin ride) in there, although it does have Jungle Cruise and Indy.

Have I made any sense?

tabacco
10-13-2001, 04:23 PM
Originally posted by FEJ
I agree TomorrowLand could use an "E" ticket" ride. The old que for Rocket rods, along with Innoventions could be used.

How about a "Tunnel" attraction ( one that shows the history and old pieces of the park, like the que for rocket rods) that went under the Berm/Railroad track and connects to the old "Festival of fools"area. this would eliminate the"dead end problem with Bear Country. (I still call it that)

That would have to run all the way across the park, under Main Street and Frontierland. Also, the Festival Arena is inside the berm and is nowhere near Critter Country. Critter Country is across the river from Festival Arena.

FEJ
10-13-2001, 06:21 PM
Originally posted by Tobacco
That would have to run all the way across the park, under Main Street and Frontierland. Also, the Festival Arena is inside the berm and is nowhere near Critter Country. Critter Country is across the river from Festival Arena.

The train runs over ccritter country, actually putting part of it outside the berm. if you want ubder the tracks, you could get to the Festival area by skirting the Rivers of America. Not that it would be cost effective, but its an idea to solved the "dead end" problem.

innerSpaceman
10-13-2001, 06:29 PM
Extending the Bear Country / Critter Country dead end around the RofA to Big Thunder Trail via Fest o'Fools has been the obvious expansion waiting to happen for a couple of decades now. Don't know if we'll get to see it in our lifetimes at the rate they put improvements into the park these days, but it's inevitable over the long haul. It just makes too much sense. Improves circulation, creates room for more shops and food and, here's a revolutionary idea - more attractions.

Nigel2
10-13-2001, 10:21 PM
I don't know if a long underground tunnel ride is so wise if they are cheap and we have a really good rumbling earthquake. But WDW has that problem too with dead ends, but they put a raised train station at their dead end which would be nice in CC.

Morrigoon
10-13-2001, 10:32 PM
Geyser Mtn (Frontierland)
Forbidden Mtn (FoF area added to Fantasyland, queue would start over by the old Skyway station and go OVER the tunnel there)
or
Lose Innoventions, build the Paris version of Space, but name it something different, so we'd have Space and De la Terre a la Lune. It could be called, oh, I don't know... hey, here's an idea: rehash the name Journey through Innerspace, and theme it to traveling inside a molecule...really fast! That would be cool! Kind of like that movie where they enter the guy's body in a submarine.
Instead of dodging asteroids, you'd be dodging atoms or nuclei or white blood cells or something, yeah! After all, Tomorrowland is not "space" land!

coronamouseman
10-14-2001, 07:22 AM
Tomorowland is the logical choice as it has room (the lagoon area) and the need for more attractions.

If the reports about the Mysterious Island rides and the Stormrider at Tokyo DisneySea are to be believed, bring at least one of those rides into the Fantasyland/Tomorrowland area.
Stormrider probably would be the best fit because it takes up less space and if Disney does want to build a third park in California, the Mysterious Island rides and volcano could serve as a park icon (imagine those poor folks who live over behind the strawberry farm site on Harbor Blvd getting a 200ft volcano built in their backyard!)

If they really want to go cheap:
(1) put a DisneySea Aquatopia-type ride in the lagoon - at least it will cool off some folks on a hot summer day while they are waiting for their Fastpass times at Space Mountain
(2) just lay down some conventional rollar coaster track in place of the rocket rod tracks and run a coaster with several launch accelerators along the track at key points (like at the start and just before the track hits the open outdoor area over the autopia)

SimpTwister
10-14-2001, 07:05 PM
Originally posted by coronamouseman

(2) just lay down some conventional rollar coaster track in place of the rocket rod tracks and run a coaster with several launch accelerators along the track at key points (like at the start and just before the track hits the open outdoor area over the autopia)

That would be a good idea... It would be a relatively cheap way to get the banked turns that RR lacked. And it could be built right on top of the current track structure.

Looking back, it's kind of amazing that they didn't just do that in the first place.

One more possible solution to the PeopleMover track options:

1. Continue to shamefully let the tracks sit empty and useless.
2. Restore PeopleMover
3. Remove tracks (This would totally change the look of TL! Maybe for the better...)

and now

4. A new version of RR on roller coaster-type track! I like it!

DisneyFreak2000
10-14-2001, 07:40 PM
We need something in Tommorowland, we need (actually) 2 quick fixes in Tommorowland to save that end of the park, and an anticipated new attraction. I say Alien Encounter in the Innoventions building, and the new coaster on the People Mover tracks. Then an anticipated new attraction in the lagoon (like a brand new sub ride or something)

Another idea for the People Mover tracks:
They could make the tracks, and elevated walk way (to go with a Tommorow type theme). Perhaps put in high fences, or enclose the tracks in glass, and have them lead to shops/restaurnats enclosed in the old areas where the Tron area, etc. was. Then they could have places to get on and off under the Observatron (?), Innoventions, next to the monorail, and near STar Tours/Space Mountain

SimpTwister
10-14-2001, 08:06 PM
Innoventions needs to go to DTD.

It would make a lot more sense there, because then we non-AP-types could actually enjoy it without feeling like we're wasting valuable E-Ticket time.

Innoventions @ DTD could go in a building that seems more like an actual science museum - that would be cool. Maybe they could charge a dollar or two just for crowd control purposes. Free admission coupons should be easy to come by - get them with other DTD purchases like dinner, merchandise, etc.

Back in TL... They should just rip down the current Innoventions building, IMO - time for something new. I know it has a long history at DL, but sometimes you gotta let go.

They could replace it with Buzz, Alien Encounter, Stormrider, Mission: Space, anything.

innerSpaceman
10-14-2001, 08:21 PM
Yes, it's amazing how Tomorrowland has bean gyped out of every furturistic-themed attraction created for the Disney parks since Walt was alive. Well, at least we eventually got Space Mountain, but how about getting Alien Encounter pulled from us at the last second, how about just near everything at Epcot, and how about us getting even a sniff of the stuff that DisneySea just got? Let's face it, as far as the Disney Co. goes, the original Tomorrowland is a forgotten backwater.

Too bad, cause I can remember the day when Tomorrowland was the most gee whiz, futurific, wham bang epitome of future thrills and living that ever manifested on the planet. Since then, the torch has past to FutureWorld, and WDW got a good Tomorrowland update (while we got felch), and DisneySea looks to be the next standard bearer. Poor Tomorrowland. A fresh coat of paint and a fountain does not a revitalized future land make. Stale movie from Epcot, closed classics like Submarine & Skyway, and the fastest ride disappearance since the Phantom Boats didn't help either. But there's lots of future yet to come and maybe Tomorrowland will rock once more some day.

Long live Inner Space.

coronamouseman
10-14-2001, 08:26 PM
The idea of adding Alien Encounter is a good one - but could they use the original idea which incorporated the creature from the "Alien" movies rather than the "carnivorous centipede with bat wings" that is there now? The "Alien" movie franchise is pretty much dead at this point and besides, they must already have some agreement with Fox or whomever owns the rights since the (not-so) Great Movice Ride in Florida contains the Alien.

tabacco
10-14-2001, 11:03 PM
The only trouble with extending Critter Country around to Big Thunder Trail is that there are an awful lot of important support buildings right back there, like the mill and so on. I suppose they could rebuild them elsewhere (there's a lot of space back behind the Mansion and Splash buildings, it seems like) but it would add a lot of expense I don't see happening anytime soon :)

SimpTwister
10-15-2001, 12:34 AM
The absolute #1 resource for Amateur Imagineering @ Disneyland is here (http://www.mapquest.com/cgi-bin/ia_find?link=btwn%2Ftwn-map_results&uid=udi6.eaewc6yy3sd%3Atx5a1ggu2&SNVData=3mad3-96%2Chr%253bbx56y5%253d%253d2n0fa25.ne%252842a%252 4mm-dzr%253bah7-%253d%2515%252bP%2512NPI%2514%252bPCAQ%252b%2513%2 517%252bN%252bY%2517MMN%2512V%252b%2512TS%253a%252 b%2517L%2513VDDH%2526%252bX%2513%2526%252b%2510F%2 53d%253a%2528_F%2515%2528xlr7xl%253a_n9z1nd0%2528l %2524efiid%257cyj1mm4.lq%25286%2Cqej%257cynbgmej%2 Cfwgf-d.mj72s-E%252b%2519%2513%2514VQ%2518%252bV%2513BI%252bVV%2 52b%2519%252bZ%2512JSCN%2517%252b%2513AD%2524%252b %2512%2511VPJOF%253a%252bLV%253a%252bGG%253b2hm-9&pcat=&aphoto=1&MAP_AB_LABELS=&WORK=&mouse_mode=center&map.x=290&map.y=234).

It's the aerial view of DL from MapQuest. It does a pretty good job of showing where there might be room for expansion.

Nigel2
10-15-2001, 11:36 AM
Why do I have a feeling that the only true link to the "Aliens" movies is in the Great Movie ride, and "Alien Encouter" just happens to be its name. I have a scary alien, Canadians YIKES. Imagine them getting loose in the theaters trying to make you sing Oh Canada, making you try their syrup then INS storms in and arests them all. :D

Uncle Dick
02-28-2002, 08:49 AM
Originally posted by zapppop
I think the next one should go into Frontierland. There's not much in there to ride except for Big Thunder and the Mark Twain.
There's also the Columbia and Rafts to Tom Sawyers Island (and the island itself). IMHO, Frontierland has enough stuff in it right now. Tomorrowland is the place that really needs a fix.

Originally posted by DisneylandKid
I think that DCA needs the next E-Ticket, however if Disneyland were to get a new E-Ticket, I'd say it should either be in Frontierland or Tomorrowland. I think if somehow they could enlarge Adventureland walkways, they could also use an E-ticket (Lion King or Aladdin ride) in there, although it does have Jungle Cruise and Indy.
Even if Adventureland were in need of another attraction (IMHO, the Tiki Room, Jungle Cruise and Indy are all among the park's best) I just don't see where there's room to build without compromising another attraction. Adventureland's really packed in there tight and without, perhaps, eliminating Aladdin's Oasis and shortening the Jungle Cruise (again) I don't see where there's room.