PDA

View Full Version : Annual Passport ID Check?

keschy
03-02-2004, 10:31 PM
I have had an annual passport for a few years & have never had my ID checked when entering the park. I recently got a new Drivers license and I'm wondering if it will present a problem when I try to get in next time. Are they checking ID or still just looking at the passport? TIA!

Darkbeer
03-02-2004, 10:38 PM
They have the right to check a second ID, and I have seen it happen, but not very often, if your photo matches your "current" look on the AP, you shouldn't have a problem.....:cool:

Kevy Baby
03-02-2004, 10:44 PM
FWIW, I have never been asked for a second ID in eight years. If they do a double take, I just flash the cheesy smile on my ID - works like a charm.

I actually used my AP as THE photo ID when I did a pre-employment drug screening. It started as a joke, but they accepted it :)

keschy
03-03-2004, 08:21 AM
Thanks for the replies! I thought it would be ok, but I have a new address & zip code now so I wondered if that would be a problem. Hopefully they won't even check though.

Bill Catherall
03-03-2004, 08:42 AM
Originally posted by keschy
I have a new address & zip code now so I wondered if that would be a problem. How would that be a problem? They don't care where you live as long as you're the person on the AP and not trying to use someone else's.

EandCDad
03-03-2004, 08:44 AM
Thanks for the replies! I thought it would be ok, but I have a new address & zip code now so I wondered if that would be a problem. Hopefully they won't even check though.

Never had them check a second ID, ever. Just out of curiousity, why are you worried that your new address will be some problem? If they do check another ID, it's generally just to make sure you are actually the person whose name is on the AP.

Edited to add: D'oh, Bill was too fast for me.

keschy
03-03-2004, 10:36 AM
Never had them check a second ID, ever. Just out of curiousity, why are you worried that your new address will be some problem? If they do check another ID, it's generally just to make sure you are actually the person whose name is on the AP

I have a socal passport but my zip code isn't socal anymore, that's what I was wondering about. I am planning on upgrading to a premium passport but I'm not sure if I will be able to do it before my next visit or not.

Kevy Baby
03-03-2004, 10:37 AM
If you've changed your address, i would stop and update this info with them if for no other reason than getting your mail (especially if you have a premium pass - don't want to miss the mag.!)

Forbin
03-03-2004, 10:48 AM
They have never asked me for a 2nd ID, but when I got my hair cut, they sure checked that badge 3 times to make sure it was me.

EandCDad
03-03-2004, 10:54 AM
I have a socal passport but my zip code isn't socal anymore, that's what I was wondering about. I am planning on upgrading to a premium passport but I'm not sure if I will be able to do it before my next visit or not.

Ahhhhh. Makes sense. I wouldn't worry. Although some people have indicated that they were not able to buy So Cal Passports without a So Cal ID, most of the feedback posted to this board is that they will sell the passes to anyone that wants them, regardless of where they live. Couple that with the fact that in those rare events when they check a second ID at the gate they are doing it to verify it is you and not check your address, you should be fine.

Ghoulish Delight
03-03-2004, 10:59 AM
AND, while living is SoCal is theoretically a requirement to purchase a SoCal pass (although one that's usually ignored), nowhere does it say that once you purchase it, you must remain a resident to use the pass. You have no worries.