PDA

View Full Version : Oscar Day/Evening Trip Report

Rallymonkey23
03-01-2004, 10:38 AM
Let me start of by saying.....We took my daughters best freind to DL for her first time ever! :cool:

The park was pretty crowded so I did the Fastpass run for Splash, Mansion and Pirates. I guess when I was doing that my wife ran into Zapppop and was informed about the huge line for the Snow White show. But we decided to head over that way anyways in hopes in getting lucky and seeing the show. Got lucky!! :D (Loved the show, BTW)

We only rode Snow White, Matterhorn and the horses by the time dinnertime came. Took the girls to ESPN Zone and ate dinner. The girls (wife included) took the Monorail back in the park while I took leftovers to the vehicle. On the way back into the park I noticed there were tramloads of people leaving the resort. So obviously the crowds were starting to desolve. We planned to meet at the entrance/exit of Autopia. After Autopia we went to Fantacyland to do the rest of them rides. Got them all done in about 20 minutes. So that turned out good. Eccept for the Teacups, they sucked. ;)

We then headed to the back of the park to use our Fastpasses. We didnt even need to use them. That area of the park at around 8:30 was dead. Hardly anyone around. So we did Splash, then headed over to Mansion. Here's where my TR takes a turn for the bad. We went on Mansion and when we came out we went to our stroller to find that someone had taken our bag with our daughters freinds autograph book and little trinkets she had bought. :mad: So my wife went to the Bank to let them know what happened while the girls and I watched Fantasmic! Durring the show my wife showed up with a security guard and told us that there was basically nothing they could do but hope that someone would turn the bag in. So we went over to lost and found, having to skip Pirates for the day.

We got to do alot for a day being so crowded. And the first timer had a blast despite some idiot taking her bag.

Oh, one more thing. I forgot the security guards name. But I have seen him many times taking the flag down in Town Square. Anywho, he asked us for our address and told us that he is going to buy the first timer a new autograph book and have all the characters sign it for her. :) Disney needs to hire more people like him. Well, thats the end of my TR. Sorry it was so long.

tod
03-01-2004, 10:52 AM
Originally posted by Rallymonkey23
Oh, one more thing. I forgot the security guards name. But I have seen him many times taking the flag down in Town Square. Anywho, he asked us for our address and told us that he is going to buy the first timer a new autograph book and have all the characters sign it for her. :) Disney needs to hire more people like him.

If he is a very thin black man with ramrod-straight posture and he barks out the orders like a D.I. as he's lowering the flag, his name is Ernie.

If he doesn't fit that description, you got me.

--T

Rallymonkey23
03-01-2004, 10:55 AM
Originally posted by tod
If he is a very thin black man with ramrod-straight posture and he barks out the orders like a D.I. as he's lowering the flag, his name is Ernie.

--T

Thats the man. He was very good at turning a bad situation for the little girl into a possitive one. :)

scottmen
03-01-2004, 01:25 PM
I have seen him and talked to him a couple times. He is one of the nicest gentlemen in the park.

I actually saw him take down the flag they retired Dec 31, 1999. Pretty decent honor I would think.

danyoung
03-01-2004, 01:27 PM
Originally posted by Rallymonkey23
Well, thats the end of my TR. Sorry it was so long.

Long? Good golly, that wasn't long. Someone posted a trip report from WDW, and it took me 2 days off and on to read the thing! Just one day of the 8 day vacation took maybe 10 times the text that you took. Detail is one thing, but c'mon, people - who's gonna read it if you're writing a novel?

Thanks for the report - glad you had a good time!

cmpeter
03-01-2004, 04:42 PM
That's so nice that he offered to get her another book and collect autographs.

I have leanred the hard way not to leave anything of value in our stroller. One night while we were watching Aladdin, someone swiped my daughter's baby blanket from our stroller. Of course it was one that had a lot of sentimental value and was made for us by a close friend. I burry everything deep in my stroller basket and don't leave anything that I would miss if it was taken.