PDA

View Full Version : Fantasmic here, Fantasmic there

zapppop
10-12-2001, 04:41 PM
Personally, I don't like the show anymore but most people say that the Disneyland version is better than the Walt Disney World version.

What makes the Disneyland version better ? and which Disney World theme park has it ?

DisneylandKid
10-12-2001, 08:28 PM
I know that Disney-MGM studios has it.

Nigel2
10-12-2001, 09:09 PM
I can think of one pro/con that actually works for and against both versions. MGM has stadium seating for theirs so no having to sit on the ground. But with our lack of it there is also no set limit to the seats. People actually wait at both of them for many hours to get good seats.

Haldwitten
10-12-2001, 09:44 PM
A guy at work was talking about the DW version of Fantasmic. He said their Riverboat looked tiny compared to the DL version. The characters looked cramped on there. And there's no Columbia at DW so they don't get the Peter Pan/Capt. Hook fight scene. He said their version had an extended Pocahontas scene that went on and on.

One night I was speaking with a family who usually vacationed at the Florida resort and were visiting DL for a change. They had planned on skipping Fantasmic because they assumed the DW version was probably better. But the kids wanted to see it, so they ended up watching. They liked the DL version better and were just gushing and gushing over it.

I'd like to see the DW version for myself. I've heard they incorporate a montage from all the Disney movies and have a better use of the villains. So I guess there are trade-offs. :)

Nigel2
10-12-2001, 09:48 PM
Do they have Jafar at wdw?

JRob2k1
10-13-2001, 12:38 AM
Originally posted by Haldwitten
I've heard they incorporate a montage from all the Disney movies and have a better use of the villains. So I guess there are trade-offs. :)

But the transition is horrible and just goes on and on...If your familiar with the DL version, the WDW is very off, when related to the musical score, timing, effects, etc...They added to much here and there, that the "story" just doesnt flow anymore.

The pyro and the end is actually really weak when compared to Disneyland. I always get goosebumps when watching DL's Fanatsmic because your right there, and the fireworks are "in your face." But at MGM, they are shot off behind the stage and there is not nearly as many shells used as in DL.

The Jafar snake is the only thing cooler at WDW then DL.

-JRob

USofA
10-13-2001, 02:16 AM
Got say its a toss up which is better overall. The facility is FANTASTIC for Fantasmic at WDW. There are no bad seats in the amphitheater. As for the riverboat, the WDW version is a duplicate of the one from Steamboat Willy, so it is appropriate. I have not seen Fantasmic at DL in 8 yrs, so I remember how good it was with Ursula and Peter Pan. Liked that better than Pochahontas. So all in all review DL-2 thumbs UP and WDW-2 thumbs UP.

Scott

cstephens
10-13-2001, 05:29 AM
DL's version is much better, imo. We've got the Columbia/Peter Pan sequence and the Twain with all the characters. The only thing I like better about the WDW version is Sorcerer Mickey on a mountain rather than on top of a shack.

Nigel2
10-13-2001, 11:03 PM
The one thing that bugs me is that many "Disneyland" items are actually WDW items when you look closely, esp. the Fantasmic postcards which portray Jafar as a cobra on them.