PDA

View Full Version : Tomorrowland (long post)

derraj25
02-29-2004, 07:21 PM
Just got back from a week at DLR and man, what happened to Tomorrowland? The place is an attraction graveyard. No space exhibit, no Space Mountain, no innoventions (the place is nothing more than an advertisement booth for the new Disney software) {should have left America Sings alone!!! THAT ONE STILL TICKS ME OFF!!!}, one Monorail running, (looks like they are alternating blue in the AM and Red in the PM), no subs, one half the Autopia fleet sat idle. What an atrocity! (no I did not forget Star Tours, and HISTA...no element of "tomorrow" represented here)

My wife and I were talking and came up with the ultimate idea. Why not do away with Innoventions, rebuild the theater, and do a tribute to WALT DISNEY? We saw the 20 minute show in the Animation Studio in the "other park", and thought it belonged at DL!!! Also since "Tomorrowland" represents "todayland", why don't they...sit down before you read this...convert Tomorrowland, into Yesterland? Make a turn of the century version of the rocket to the moon, and bring back the PeopleMover<--loved that one as a kid, build a house of the future to walk through, update the subs and make it an "Atlantis" themed attraction.

I have read several posts regarding Tomorrowland, but you do have to experience it to sense that it is a dying land! :crying: I say throw Eisner and his DCA out the window:~D , and bring back the greatness that once was...DISNEYLAND!

In all seriousness, why didn't they build Soarin' over California in the "Tomorrowland Carousel? Why not build the Grizzly River Run in "Frontierland" Why waste millions of $ on Paradise Pier...I can go to the State Fair for this chaos. Why not make the "Hollywood Pictures Backlot" a new area within Disneyland? That is the only area worth visiting in DCA and you can do it in a couple of hours.

Disneyfreak
02-29-2004, 08:19 PM
Dont worry, Tomorrowland will return in 2008. It is not dead, just dormant. They are going to tear tomorrowland apart in 2008 for another redo.
1. Space Mountain Returns 2005 with state of the art technology.
2. New ride will be finished: Buzz Lightyear Space Ranger Spin 2005. In circlevision theater.
3. Replacement for submarine voyage, rumored 2006.
4. Possibly something put in innoventions for the 2008 redo. It would be cool if they put a updated version of adventure through inner space in there.
5. Updated Star Tours.

MZCosmo
02-29-2004, 08:36 PM
Reading that last reply just made me one of the happiest people on Earth. Its about time they do something with "not so" Tomorrow Land.

#1POOHLOVER
02-29-2004, 08:40 PM
TOMORROWLAND WILL BE FINE ONCE THE RENOVATIONS AND THE
NEW RIDES ARE FINISHED.

I DO AGREE THAT EISNER NEEDS TO GO SO DISNEYLAND GET BACK THE "MAGIC" IT USE TO HAVE. HE IS OR HAS TURNED ALOT OF THINGS INTO A CARNIVAL AND HAS LOST ALOT OF THE "MAGIC" THAT THE LAND USE TO PROVIDE. HE IS ALL ABOUT MONEY AND NOT SPREADING HAPPINESS TO ALL WHO COME THROUGH THE GATES. MAYBE PUTTING SOME "PIXIE DUST" ON HIM MIGHT HELP ALITTLE!!!!:D

DisneyFan25863
02-29-2004, 08:55 PM
Originally posted by #1POOHLOVER
TOMORROWLAND WILL BE FINE ONCE THE RENOVATIONS AND THE
NEW RIDES ARE FINISHED.

What "rennovations" and "new rides"? I only know of one new ride and one rennovation....

Cancer Norm
03-01-2004, 03:26 PM
Let me see if I have this straight....3 rides-1 closed. This is so sad and embarassing. I cannot remember at any other time that Disney allowed a land to be so run down and unexciting......Unbelievable!!!!:crying:

Corith
03-01-2004, 04:21 PM
The current Tomorrowland is a find example of tomorrow. It is a land strip-mined of all its worth by a greedy corporate executive or two.

Cadaverous Pallor
03-01-2004, 05:21 PM
Originally posted by Disneyfreak
3. Replacement for submarine voyage, rumored 2006.
4. Possibly something put in innoventions for the 2008 redo. It would be cool if they put a updated version of adventure through inner space in there.
5. Updated Star Tours. These are all rumors that have been circulating for years. Disney changes it's mind every two seconds as well. This stuff is way too far in the future to even dream of.

Sorry to burst your bubble. Tomorrowland sucks, and it's Eisner/Pressler/Harris' fault. :crying:

derraj25
03-01-2004, 07:38 PM
Originally posted by Cadaverous Pallor
Sorry to burst your bubble. Tomorrowland sucks, and it's Eisner/Pressler/Harris' fault. :crying:

This is my point exactly. This used to be the "Premier" Land. Now, why on earth would you want to go here (tomorrowland)? I really do hope that these rumors are true. I just can't justify the price of the park hopper ticket at DLR anymore. Maybe it's time to try on Disney World next year.

Mod. note - fixed vB code.

dude
03-02-2004, 09:35 AM
They are "repaving" Tomorrowland right now, but who cares about that? As far as I know, there aren't any attractions coming back into use again. (Submarines, PeopleMover/Rocket Rods.) What they should do is tear out the Pizza Port and turn it back into a new, high tech Mission to Mars. They should also do something, anything to make Innoventions more entertaining. And it's about time they ressurect (sp?) the dead rides like the Submarine Voyage and the PeopleMover/RocketRods track. I mean seriously the subs have been dead for five years, the rocket rods for three years, how can they do this to the guests especially on the eve of the big 5-0.

Forbin
03-02-2004, 09:55 AM
5. Updated Star Tours.

I doubt this one Greatly. Remember that Lucas owns all the of the SW rights and I doubt he will sell new ones to disney.

but of course if movie 3 tanks then well yah Disney will get some new rights..hehe

ppmuse
03-02-2004, 10:01 AM
Dont worry, Tomorrowland will return in 2008. It is not dead, just dormant. They are going to tear tomorrowland apart in 2008 for another redo.

First of all, I'm amazed that Disney thinks that far out. Second, I would love for the People Mover to return, which I've said before on another post. It's really too bad the Rocket Rods didn't work out, Star Tours is wearing down, Innoventions wasn't a big success, the Submarine is rusting away/repaved/rusting/water drained/rusting/insert any rumor here, and that the only success in Tomorrowland is the Autopia. But really, whose going to take their tired child all the way to the vast corners of Tomorrowland to visit. Weird, only the future knows the truth about the future of Tomorrowland.

Cancer Norm
03-02-2004, 02:21 PM
Cadaverous Paller wrote:

Sorry to burst your bubble. Tomorrowland sucks, and it's Eisner/Pressler/Harris' fault.

Isn't there a new guy as head of Disneyland Resort? And will he be any better than his predecessor and/or boss?

sediment
03-02-2004, 02:33 PM
That would be "Cast Member Matt." (The title is purely reverential. I.e., I'm not making fun of him.)

For now he's better than Pressler and Harriss, but that's not saying much.
The big test will be when he eventually gets the impossible budget to work with. Then he has to decide whether to drop service (basic maintenance, hourlies, hours, etc), to raise prices, or to increase volume.
And, of course, what to do with DCA.

Forbin
03-02-2004, 02:55 PM
And, of course, what to do with DCA.
Simple!!!!!
Raise the price to $55...booooooo!

Then make you enter DCA from the Tram Entrance.

Then you can walk through DCA to Disneyland.

That way you can FINALLY boost DCA's numbers and siphon off some of the DL crowd into DCA.

Of course I don't like the raise in the price part.

Disneyfreak
03-02-2004, 04:11 PM
They should raise the prices for Annual Passes in my opinon. I think they are way too low for what people do with them per year. They should be at $300 not $200.

Kevy Baby
03-02-2004, 05:08 PM
Originally posted by Disneyfreak
They should raise the prices for Annual Passes in my opinon. I think they are way too low for what people do with them per year. They should be at $300 not $200. That's a whole other thread (several actually, but here are two recent ones: here (http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=21622) and here (http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=25274&perpage=25&pagenumber=1)). Lets not start that here.

Let's just raise the price of admission to $100,000,000. That way, they only need to sell one ticket to make a profit!