PDA

View Full Version : What to Know If Attending Disney Shareholder Meeting

CarolKoster
02-29-2004, 01:05 PM
The Disney Investors Relations site was updated Feb. 25, 2004 about the upcoming shareholder's meeting. Do not forget to bring any of what this Q & A recommends! Get to the meeting venue absolutely as early as you can, because it will seat only 3,000 people (see the Philadelphia Inquirer article Darkbeer posted, scroll 'way down into the text to find the info and Darkbeer points it out, too, and read that thread too) and if you are too late even though you have your credentials they will turn late-comers away! They also tell you what you can and cannot bring inside with you (no cameras, laptops or recording devices, etc., for instance), where the parking is and other essential information. If you know of other Disney shareholders attending the meeting make sure they know about this recent update to the Disney Investors Relations site.

URL:

http://disney.go.com/corporate/investors/events/presentations.html

Mark Goldhaber
02-29-2004, 04:23 PM
The key item is that the times have been changed from the information on the proxy statement. Registration will now start at 7am instead of 8am, and seating will start at 8am instead of 9am. I'm betting the only people who were contacted directly (rather than needing to find the info on the web site) were Eisner supporters. That would fit the pattern. I need to make sure I get up early enough.

CarolKoster
03-01-2004, 09:19 AM
Mark,

Quoting from the Disney Investor Relations site, URL in the first post of this thread, last update to this information 2/25/04:

Q: What time will the Meeting begin?
A: The Meeting will begin promptly at 10 a.m.

Q: What time will the doors to the hall open?
A: The doors to the seating area will open at 8 a.m.

Q: Will I need a ticket to enter the Meeting?
A: Yes. Registered (or certificated) shareholders will receive proxy materials that contain their voting ballot, annual report, and ticket to the Meeting. Proxy materials began mailing in late January 2004. The ticket must be presented at the convention center for entry into the seating area.

Q: I hold my shares through a broker, how do I enter the Meeting?
A: Street name (or brokerage firm) holders must bring a recent brokerage statement certifying ownership of Disney shares; you will not be admitted without such documentation. Street name holders will receive proxy materials directly from their brokerage firm.

Q: Will I need to bring identification?
A: Yes, each shareholder must provide valid photo identification such as driver's license or passport that corresponds to the ticket (or brokerage statement) he/she is presenting for entry.

Q: Can I make advance reservations for a seat?
A: No, seating is first-come, first-served. We suggest that shareholders arrive prior to the start of the meeting for a seat, as we expect a capacity crowd. Registration begins at 8 a.m.

Q: What will happen if the convention center fills to capacity?
A: Once the convention center fills to capacity, guests will be turned away.

End of quoted material.

I still am not seeing "7 am" anywhere, but perhaps are you looking at a different URL than the one I quoted above, Mark? I clicked that link just now before writing to you on 3/1/04 at midday and the appearance of the information seems identical to when I posted thsi thread starter Sunday 2/29/04.

Now, I am looking also at the WDC Notice of Annual Meeting booklet that came with the Annual Report, Proxy Ballot and other material. Confirmed what is printed on the front of this booklet is now OUT OF DATE when compared to the Disney Investor Relations WWW site URL I quoted above.

Quite rightly, Mark, you are very alert and kind to point this discrepancy out to others who may be interested in attending. It is very important, bottom line, to make it into the building timely. That is indeed the message I hear you saying, Mark, and I concur and back you up on it.

I heard Stanley Gold this morning on CNBC. Among other things, he says according to his WWW site SaveDisney.com there will be about 1,000 attending who support SaveDisney.com who will be at the Tuesday evening reception and meeting. Once you see the "lay of the land" there you can use your own best judgement re: how early to get to the convention center to be assured of a place inside.

Updated weather for Philadelphia: Tuesday mostly cloudy with showers, high 62 and low 44. Wednesday intermittently cloudy, high 58, low 40.

Mark Goldhaber
03-01-2004, 04:20 PM
Well, as I noted in the other thread, they must have changed it back to 8 a.m. since I read it there on Friday.

That said, I'm pretty much guaranteed admission, since I now have press credentials. :D I just want to check in as a shareholder first, in case there are any materials that will only be given to shareholders.

Morrigoon
03-01-2004, 04:32 PM
Hey Mark, regarding your earlier thread about questions to ask Eisner, perhaps you could get in line behind other people and then challenge him on giving non-answers. Ask him why he feels the need to avoid answering harder questions.

Have fun at both events!

Mark Goldhaber
03-01-2004, 06:16 PM
Originally posted by Morrigoon
get in line behind other people and then challenge him on giving non-answers. Ask him why he feels the need to avoid answering harder questions.

That may be difficult if they cut it off questions after the first three like last year. We'll see what can be done....

Darkbeer
03-01-2004, 06:51 PM
Did you catch the article I posted tonight, it states that Roy and Stan will get about 15 minutes on Wednesday at the Stockholders meeting..... no wonder the space is shrinking.....:~D