PDA

View Full Version : Bronze statues

Mburk
10-12-2001, 12:35 PM
Can anyone supply a list of the smaller bronze statues surrounding Walt & Mickey in the hub? Both at DL & WDW? We have some pictures we took of a few, but now are wondering which ones we missed. Thanks!

Nigel2
10-12-2001, 12:58 PM
I think there are 8 surround statues. Goofy, Donald, Chip&Dale (one statue), Pluto, Minnie, The White Rabbit, and I cant remember anything else

Ghoulish Delight
10-12-2001, 02:19 PM
I'm going purely by memory here, so I may be wrong, but isn't there a Pinnochio with Jimminy?

totbellhop
10-12-2001, 02:41 PM
Are there also Thumper from BAMBI and Dumbo?

DisneylandKid
10-12-2001, 08:30 PM
Originally posted by totbellhop
Are there also Thumper from BAMBI and Dumbo?
I'm pretty sure there's a Dumbo...not sure about Thumper.

Nigel2
10-12-2001, 09:06 PM
No thumper:crying: just the white rabbit. So that looks like 8 to me
Pinochio w/ Jimminy
Dumbo
Pluto
Goofy
White Rabbit
Minnie
Chip & Dale
Donald
But the order I have no Idea about.

Morrigoon
10-12-2001, 09:36 PM
Well Goofy is just to the left as you enter the hub from main street :)

...isn't there a tinkerbell?

Nigel2
10-12-2001, 09:40 PM
You know I don't know, but I doubt it since most of the statues are lacking of large thin parts (wings) since people might try to trash them. Hmmm nobody has mention what the statue looks like from the oh shoot.:D

Hades
10-13-2001, 04:06 PM
There is also two three foot bronze statues (one of Mickey and one of Minnie) in the lobby of the Disneyland Hotel. Both are in front of the elevators there. In case you didn't get the chance to go to the hotel during your visit. There is also the bronze statues of Ariel and King Triton to the left of the entry to Tomorrowland.

One can also find the bronze of a Mickey music conductor as the centerpiece of the Toontown fountain in the area where Mickey's house is. At the other end of Toontown, a bronze of Rodger Rabbit and Benny the Cab graces the fountain in front of Rodger Rabbit's car toon spin.

That's all I can recall, but I'm sure I am missing at least 2 more in the park. Anyone have any ideas if there are any more bronze statues in the park?

Jon Vincible
10-13-2001, 04:13 PM
Correct me if i'm wrong, but the rabbits are different at DS then at WDW right? One has Brer Rabbit, and the other, White Rabbit.

Nigel2
10-13-2001, 10:36 PM
You know I really don't know someone run over there and check, or just ask a WDW user. Whichever is faster. Some of the statues mentioned by hades I am not toally sure if they are bronze but the hotel set is.

Mburk
10-15-2001, 04:01 PM
Originally posted by Oo1955oO
Correct me if i'm wrong, but the rabbits are different at DS then at WDW right? One has Brer Rabbit, and the other, White Rabbit.

Brer Rabbit is at WDW and White Rabbit is at DL. It looks like we got pics of all DL except Minnie. We took shots randomly as we passed the hub instead of just taking the time to walk around once getting each one. Oh well, seven of eight isn't too bad.