PDA

View Full Version : Proposal Help

CPDisney
02-28-2004, 09:04 PM
Hi! My best friends, Eric and Chauna are going to be getting engaged this summer! Yay! All three of us are major disney fans and are OLD pros at Disneyland and DCA. Eric has asked me to help him come up w/ the perfect Disney proposal for Chauna. Our main idea was some kind of scavanger hunt all over the resort ending w/ him 'popin' the question at the end of Fantasmic. Do any of you have any ideas to go along w/ us? Any advice? Any CM's have any words of wisdom? Thanks so much for your help!
Naomi

DCAWhites
02-28-2004, 10:59 PM
I think it might be a better idea to do it before fantasmic begins. Get the riverside VIP dessert buffet seats (they're like over $40 per person). After fantasmic ends its ridiculously congested, the ground is covered in trash, etc...not the best moment to propose. With the riverside vip seats, it will be more intimate, other guests will witness your proposal, etc. Very magical compared to the mess that is after fantasmic.

Cadaverous Pallor
02-28-2004, 11:10 PM
http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=548

http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=19633

http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=20452

I found these by searching for "propose OR proposal" in titles of threads. If you put "romantic" in the search you'll probably get even more ideas.

Disneyfreak
02-29-2004, 12:22 AM
Originally posted by DCAWhites
I think it might be a better idea to do it before fantasmic begins. Get the riverside VIP dessert buffet seats (they're like over $40 per person). After fantasmic ends its ridiculously congested, the ground is covered in trash, etc...not the best moment to propose. With the riverside vip seats, it will be more intimate, other guests will witness your proposal, etc. Very magical compared to the mess that is after fantasmic.

Dont get the riverside seats, get the balcony seating. After all it is a way better view and you dont get the trash.:)

wendybeth
02-29-2004, 08:37 AM
Maybe he could have a parasol painted with the big question on it; they make them right there in New Orleans Square, and then they would have a momento from the big night.

CPDisney
02-29-2004, 11:28 AM
Thanks for all the great ideas so far! You are all awesome! Chauna and I gave Eric riverside Fantasmic seats last Aug. when we did a special trip for Him. I want to mention the balcony seats to Eric though...I have done both i think the balcony seats are fairly romantic. Plus, then she would think the 'prize' at the end of her scavanger hunt is the special seating, not a ring! Hehe, i'm such a sap!

David R
02-29-2004, 12:09 PM
I haven't read the 3 threads linked to above so I apologize if anyone else came up with this same idea.

But I was thinking that it'd be fun to have her sit in front of you at Splash Mountain and give her a small spiel about how much you love her and how happy she makes you as you go up the last drop and then pop the question as you are just about to drop.

The picture would be priceless.

CPDisney
02-29-2004, 12:21 PM
HAHA! Eric would die if I even hinted at this idea! Eric (the one who is actually proposing, not me, thank god!) is not the biggest fan of Splash Mtn! but thanks neways!

Mark Goldhaber
02-29-2004, 04:20 PM
Variation on a theme:

On Splash Mountain, Eric and Chauna sit in the front. You sit behind them. During the drop, you hold up a sign behind them with large letters saying "Chauna, will you marry me? Eric" and nobody says anything until you go to look at the photo after the drop. :D

bassett1976
02-29-2004, 07:15 PM
I did a scavenger hunt for my proposal to my fiancee. If you need my clues please let me know and I'll post them here or on my web site. I had 17 clues that I used and a few "backups" in case something went wrong. I have to say that they are really easy to guess though.

CPDisney
02-29-2004, 08:44 PM
Any help with the scavanger hunt part of this would be great! I like getting ideas from a lot of differant places and people on a project this big. Normally I work with Chauna on projects of this scale...but i can't really do that this time around, can i? LOL Thanks for your help!

Anthony
02-29-2004, 08:51 PM
Uhm, I guess my big question is, why isn't the guy working hard on finding the ideal way to propose? In my field, counseling, we always say, 'Never work harder then your client." That seems to work in this situation also. Your pal should be the one working hard to find a cool way to propose. This seems like the wrong thing to sub-contract.

Maybe there is a better place then DLR for him to propose. It is such a personal thing, it is like buying socks, only the person wearing them can pick the right ones. Don't get me wrong, I think you are a cool friend to be helping out, but this is his gig, make him do a little work.

Good Luck.

CPDisney
02-29-2004, 08:55 PM
Oh, please, don't think I am doing all the work on this! I am the only one w/ internet access so I am the one able to grab ideas from other like-minded people! He is doing a ton as well. We talk about once a week and exchange ideas and such. I am really just his assistant more than anything else. The reason he want to do it @ DLR is because it is such a special place in both their hearts. Their relationship bloomed and became what it is for the most part @ the park. And it's what she would want.

bassett1976
02-29-2004, 09:09 PM
Here are my clues. Some of it may sound weird to you but it might be because it was unique to my fiancee and myself. Each clue led to a place where we had to take a picture. Some of the shops and eating places required us to get something to eat or a souvineer. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Surprise
Rules
Read each clue and figure out where it leads. Head over to the location and keep your eyes out. The next step is to find a good spot for a picture. The next clue will be given to you after you’ve finished your task. Find the clues as fast as you can, as some of the steps will give you surprises. Keep them for the end so that you can put them all together.

Mickey Mouse Sign
After you’ve entered and they’ve checked through your bag you should find a spot covered with flowers, at hand. For here you will see a resemblance of the mouse himself and we must get a picture of ourselves. If you’re lucky a steamer will cross just above at the station for the locomotive.

Hungry Bear Restaurant
It’s about that time to get something to eat. You’re as hungry as a bear and want to spend time resting your feet. Escape to this water-side haven nestled among the pine trees for a little hibernation. Soak in the view of the ducks and boats paddling down river while dining on popular favorites. As we spend some quiet time together we will possibly see canoes, rafts and a steamer but don’t forget that we have more to do. Another clue can lead you just around the next corner.

Splash Mountain
Time to head to one of the mountains, this time up with the rest of the critters. If we were lucky you could play with brer bear, brer fox or brer rabbit. Just jump into your hallow log and we are on our way. In all this I hope you find your laughing place as long as you don’t mind sitting in front or in back of your partner. I’m sorry to say that this ride is closed but it won’t stop us from getting a picture of us in a pose.

Haunted Mansion (Used during holiday mansion overlay)
Grim Grinning Ghosts you will normally find but right now Jack is in charge. He’s taken over the place to find a way to bring Sandy Claws to the kiddies. Keep on the lookout for things that go bump in the night for you might just find old Oogie Boogie giving you a fright.

Alice In Wonderland
You must find where the white rabbit has gone. He’s fallen down his hold to get to his appointment. Land in the harebrained world of this White Rabbit. Ride aboard your own over-sized caterpillar and visit friends like Tweedledee and Tweedledum, the Cheshire cat, and the Mad Hatter. Hopefully a round of croquet or two will not follow with your body being cut into two. And in the end a celebration you will find, as it becomes a very happy un-birthday to all.

It’s A Small World
Time to board a small boat and listen. Go ahead, you know you want to, so sing along! Global unity is celebrated in this ode to peace and harmony. Dance and costumes from many continents fill this ride for all ages. With these kids inside you’ll always wonder, why the whole world can’t just get along. For now we will head to the far reaches of the world but this won’t take us more than a few minutes. After it’s all over and the cruise has been finished, I’m hoping that you won’t still be upset with the song you keep singing.

Pirates of the Caribbean
Time to board another little ship. This time we will start from the Bayou itself. Then take a trip back in time to a simpler time. The kinds of people you will find might be quite shocking, as they liked to plunder, pillage and burn. Don’t forget to bring your mug, as you might be able to drink some suds. If you’re still wondering where we are headed then you haven’t gotten the structure under the meat. Hopefully the skeletons that you meet will not scare you.

Jungle Cruise
To go on this long distance trip you must board a boat. The location is next to the ruins of that old temple. You might even find an ancient elephant or Bob. Here you will find giraffes, hippos, baboons and even a herd of lions watching a sleeping zebra. Don’t forget to listen to your captain as he can tell you a tail. Maybe he’ll tell you how important it is to stay in school. If by the end of the ride you’re still not impressed, maybe Sam will make you a special trade. If you still can’t believe where you are going then maybe you are in denial.

Peter Pan
To find this pirate galleon you’ll need to find a zigzag line. Right behind the castle you must look for the second star to the right. Just think about your happy thought before you are off and don’t forget to use a little pixie dust. Now you’re on your way into the ride as you go through the window and off to Neverland. Inside you will find an adventure with Captain Hook, Wendy and Peter.

Tarzan’s Treehouse
To find this place you’ll need to do some climbing. For this place is just above where you normally walk. High above in the tree’s you will find a man who seem to get lost in time. His story is told through some sketches from a woman named Jane. Watch out for surprises around every corner as you may come across a leopard. As you huff and puff all the way up you’ll find the story of how he came into being. If your still having problems of knowing where to go, just close your eyes and start dreaming.

Tom Sawyer Island
Finding an Island in the middle of the city is quite hard to find. In this place it’s easy as it’s the only one of it’s kind. Find the rafts to make the crossing. Then you can play in the caves, escape tunnels, secret passages and swaying bridges. Maybe we will get a chance to meet Tom, Huck or Becky. Find a quiet place where you can sit by the water and we can spend some quiet time together. If your still confused then you better hurry as Fantasmic may be setting up early.

Pooh’s Corner
To find a treat you must go to this place. From candy to fudge you’ll fill your whole plate. Just outside you’ll find the place where you can get in like to take a picture. You might just run into animals like Pooh, Eeyore or Tigger. Inside you must buy something for us to remember, you should buy something that you’ve been watching.

The Premiere Shop
If you need something to hang around your neck or on your lanyard, maybe you’re looking for something to trade with your landlord. When you’re finished with your purchase all you need to remember is to find a place to stick it on our poster. Inside you will find a pin to buy. Don’t forget to put Mickey and Minnie side by side.

Monorail Station
This is the fourth version of this ride. It will take you almost two miles in just under ten minutes. Watch your hands and keep them in the window, as the crossings ahead are very narrow. You must just want to take a round trip ride or stop for a while outside a few places to eat. Remember to hurry back because we must continue our adventure throughout the park.

Mark Twain
This is the place where you will catch the ride. Upon a slow moving vehicle of the water kind. On your trip you will see an Indian or two. Don’t forget to send the smoke stack outside the Teepee made of blue. If your feet are tired than maybe you’ll find a seat or two right in front row. It’s quite smoothing to take this trip but you must not forget that it will eventually end. Don’t worry, some other day, we can go again!

Disneyana
Gifts off all kinds you will find but to find this store you must walk down the main part. Inside you will find some wonderful works of art. From a poster to a figure and even a magazine, you’ll spend lots of your money to find that one thing. Eventually you will get a new subscription of that one magazine that tells us about Disneyland’s construction. Inside you must buy another picture, maybe of Mickey and Minnie kissing.

Blue Bayou
This dining is quite divine. For you will find many waiting in line. To eat at the river’s edge is grand. As the small boats float by around the river’s bend. You might just spend some time catching fireflies or you’ll wonder where the time flies. No matter what you order you will know, that this is one of the best restaurants you’ll find in the park.

Believe… There’s Magic In The Stars (Fireworks spot)
When the sun goes down and the night grows older, it’s time to find a resting spot for the evening show. At the designated time, bright bursts head out into the night just above the skyline. Go to the place where we like to visit and watch the night sky sparkle like a diamond. From here we can not only see the fireworks but also see Tinker Bell fly by.

Sleeping Beauty’s Castle
Out in front you will find a statue of Walk and Mickey. There a wish will be bestowed upon you. Better than your sixteenth birthday. Find the well of wishes and take a coin. Now all you need is to deposit your hopes and wishes there.

Star Trader
It’s time to do some shopping. You must find the place where you would buy stuff from outer space. Stuffed animals, watches and shirts you will buy but don’t forget the Star Wars section you must stop by. At this time you must find a picture, not one to take but a holder.

Redd Rocket’s Pizza Port
To tomorrow you must fly. Away to the back where the big giant ship lies. Time to stop and get something to eat. Maybe you could get a salad, pizza or even some yummy pasta.

Sword In The Stone
To find out if you are worthy of this glory divine you must pull on the sword of an unnatural kind. Maybe if you’re lucky Merlin you will find. Just as he picks another person and tests if it is his time. If you still haven’t figured out the clue then maybe you should ask King Arthur next to it’s side.

Disneyland Train Ride
To the nearest station you must glide. And on a locomotive you will ride. Off to a new location you must go. You will be given your next clue upon your boarding. If you keep riding you must take a trip back into time or you will be taken to the Grand Canyon. Keep riding until you find a spot where it will be easy for a short walk to your next location.

Toontown Jail
Up to the place where the character’s live. You must walk around just like a little kid. As your walking around you need to be careful or you might be thrown into the toon jail. After you have entered you must take a picture, for no one will believe that you had gotten fingered. If your still confused don’t worry, for Rodger Rabbit will drive you their in a hurry.

Mint Julip Bar
Time for a break and a much needed breather. Just get started and head over to New Orleans Square right across from the big white house. There you will find a small window where you can order a drink with something mint in it. And you can even try a croissant or even an ice cream.

Main Street Shopping (Place with picture books)
We have some time before our next appointment. It’s time to go shopping for something much needed. Today we’ve taken many pictures and bought some things to remember this special occasion. We need to find a book to keep these nice things in. A good starting place might be Main Street Photo Supply. We may even find a couple of other things. Finally we will have something to show our family and friends about this magical day.

Pafuts
02-29-2004, 09:25 PM
Here's the question you need to think about:

What would SHE like?

SusanP.
03-01-2004, 07:47 PM
Originally posted by Mark Goldhaber
Variation on a theme:

On Splash Mountain, Eric and Chauna sit in the front. You sit behind them. During the drop, you hold up a sign behind them with large letters saying "Chauna, will you marry me? Eric" and nobody says anything until you go to look at the photo after the drop. :D

This is my favorite idea EVER! But he can hold his own sign and sit behind her, since our seats are all in a line, not side-by-side.

Too bad my own husband didn't think of this one. I married him anyway, though.;)

Mark Goldhaber
03-01-2004, 07:52 PM
Here's the WDW version. Our friends surprised us a little early for our 10th anniversary.

http://www.nowherespecial.net/misc/splash.jpg

And yes, I was briefly beardless at the time.

wendybeth
03-01-2004, 08:12 PM
Very cool!

Morrigoon
03-01-2004, 08:47 PM
Here was my suggestion from the first linked thread:

You take your beloved to the park, and decide that today, since you haven't done it in a while (or because you don't go the park that often, if that's the case), you two should get your picture in front of the castle. You hand your camera to an accommodating CM (or friend who's in on it) and explain to them that they should catch her reaction on film. Then you stand next to her, starting to pose and oh wait, you need to fix something, you reach in your pocket, yank it out and down on one knee in one swift movement. She squeals, the camera snaps. *poof!* a memory!
... and a very public proposal - the best kind (if you know she'll say yes)
For the record, my friend's husband took this suggestion. She'd been wanting him to get an AP, and that day, they were taking his parents, and he finally got his AP. After that, they went to the castle, he thought it would be cute for them to take their picture together now that they both had APs ;) His parents took like 3 photos in a row, caught the whole thing on film basically, and she's got the pictures in one of those multi-photo frames!

Oh, also from the first thread, here is my friend Sloane's recollection of getting proposed to (note that it's not in DL, but substitute Blue Bayou, Napa Rose, Catal, etc. for Salt Grass Steakhouse and voila!

Last Sunday, along with his family, we went for dinner to Salt Grass Steakhouse. Our favorite waiter saw us at the door and got us to have only a 10 minute wait instead of a 20 minute wait, plus he got us the nice table by the fireplace. Jim's brother Jeff ordered Salmon. They brought him out a very small piece of salmon and the waiter was very apologetic and Jeff got another entire meal free. He was very full!! The manager came out and was very apologetic and told us that dessert was on them. So, we all ordered dessert. Jim and I and his parents got the white chocolate cheesecake and his brother got the Pecan Pie. Yum!!! The restaurant ran out of bowls, so Jim and I got our cheesecake on a clear platter. Plus the waiter got to decorate ours himself, so he put lots of white chocolate sauce on it. Jim and I were very full, especially Jim - they gave him a huge portion of spare ribs. We ended up having to get our dessert to go, so his Mom held up the platter while I scraped the white chocolate sauce into the to go container. She really liked the white chocolate sauce... She mentioned that there was writing on the platter, so I started reading it. It was very romantic and I wondered what it had to do with Saltgrass...

(note: here was the text engraved in the platter)

Sloane,

You are the love of my life,
the one I want to be with forever,
to triumph over difficulties with,
to share the joys of life with,
to grow old with,
to love.

Will you marry me?

Jim
December 23, 2001

Okay, you're bawling, right? You should be! But seriously, I think any of the DTD restaurants should be able to do this (and the food's better than Blue Bayou!)

No, I'm not creative enough to have come up with any new ones, sorry. I'll report back if I do.

ppmuse
03-02-2004, 10:19 AM
I had a friend of mine and his girlfriend go down to Disneyland with us. We went to Disneyland during the early morning entry, went on a few rides at Tomorrowland, and then we decided to walk over to Splash Mountain. On our way, we stopped at the wishing well, and she made a wish. Then I got down on my knee and proposed, while my friend took picture after picture. That early in the morning, there was nobody around, and we had the whole entire area to ourselves. It doesn't include a scavenger hunt, but she loved it, and it was romantic. Except for the nonstop sounds of the cameras going off.