PDA

View Full Version : Newsom in "Golden Dreams"?

disneyboy
02-28-2004, 08:37 AM
Does anyone think they'll add Gavin Newsom in the finale of GD, after all hes done? I think id be nice. :)

Andrew
02-28-2004, 09:50 AM
Originally posted by disneyboy
Does anyone think they'll add Gavin Newsom in the finale of GD, after all hes done? I think id be nice. :) Let's wait and see if it works. Lots of people take courageous stands against injustice; we tend to only remember the successful ones.

danyoung
02-28-2004, 11:08 AM
OK, for us folks behind the curve, who is Gavin Newsom?

tod
02-28-2004, 11:31 AM
Originally posted by danyoung
OK, for us folks behind the curve, who is Gavin Newsom?

The mayor of San Francisco who okayed the gay marriages.

Personally, I'm against it, because coming out in favor of gay marriage in San Francisco ain't exactly going out on a limb. I am making no implication about gay marriage one way or the other, and none should be inferred. Unlike, say, the heroic William Mulholland, who fueled the growth of Los Angeles by taking the water from other parts of the state.

--T

tikiboy
02-28-2004, 11:53 AM
I highly doubt you'd see Newsom in Golden Dreams, considering half of California is against gay marriage.

Even though some consider Disneyland a "regional park" a lot of people do travel to Disneyland from places where the idea of "celebrating" gay marriage doesn't even cross people's minds.

Gemini Cricket
02-28-2004, 12:10 PM
Originally posted by disneyboy
Does anyone think they'll add Gavin Newsom in the finale of GD, after all hes done? I think id be nice. :)
Maybe not soon, but maybe some day. 20 years from now... you know, when they decide it's time to update it. :D

disneyboy
02-28-2004, 12:46 PM
Well Harvey Milk IS in the finale, so i dont see what the diffrence is in adding Newsom. Id be a nice tribute.

Disneyfreak
02-29-2004, 12:20 AM
Originally posted by tikiboy
I highly doubt you'd see Newsom in Golden Dreams, considering half of California is against gay marriage.

Even though some consider Disneyland a "regional park" a lot of people do travel to Disneyland from places where the idea of "celebrating" gay marriage doesn't even cross people's minds.

LOL!!! You think half of California is gay. HAHHAhA. I hate the idea of gay marriage. I think it is gross and just plain odd.:rolleyes:

MotorBoat Cruiser
02-29-2004, 01:13 AM
Originally posted by Disneyfreak
LOL!!! You think half of California is gay. HAHHAhA. I hate the idea of gay marriage. I think it is gross and just plain odd.:rolleyes:

He/she never said that half of California is gay. They said that half is against gay marriage. Even if you assume then that the other half supports gay marriage, that doesn't mean that they are all gay. You might be surprised to find that a lot of heterosexual people support gay marriage because they believe in equal rights for all people, gay or straight.

Back on topic... I don't think there will be any updates to this film. It's sort of interesting the first time, but I doubt that there are many return visitors. I suspect that this attraction will not be here for many more years.

bandboy1985
02-29-2004, 03:54 AM
really?

i mean, well- i guess i agree...but it does fill a certain void in the park. it's the "wow it's hot out and i really want to sit down someplace indoors with air conditioning and darkness and not be assaulted" thing to do, or conversely, the "wow i'm soaked after getting off GRR; let's go do something and try to dry off for a little while" thing to do.

so maybe the film isn't the best, but i do think it will be replaced by another film- maybe a commentary on the history of an ethnic group in california? or a feature on california's contributions to the WW2 war effort, or something nostalgic like that?

tikiboy
02-29-2004, 06:37 AM
Originally posted by Disneyfreak
LOL!!! You think half of California is gay. HAHHAhA. I hate the idea of gay marriage.

As motorBoat said above, just because someone is for gay marriage doesn't mean they're gay.

I'm just giving a reason as to why you probably won't see Mr. Newsom in Golden Dreams.