PDA

View Full Version : What's Your Favorite Character In The Park?

Pages : [1] 2

awinner
10-11-2001, 11:12 PM
There are so many characters to choose from...but growing up there are just some that stick with you as being your favorite. Mine of course are: Mickey, Pluto, Dumbo (especially when he winks in the EP), and the Cat (don't know his name) who has a cape and a cane w/ a derby hat, I always remember going there as a child and that character would always put his hand over my eyes in every pic I ever took w/ that character.

Nigel2
10-11-2001, 11:26 PM
I think you have those 2 mixed together, they are both from pinochio but I think one had the derby hat while the other had a top hat cape and cane. I thought that this was funny, when I was sitting in the Animation building at DCA Vinny and Milo from atlantis walked in, and Whole new world started to play on the walls and they started to sway back and forth together, then vinny tries to kiss milo and gets a slap. It was so funny when I saw it.

DisneylandKid
10-12-2001, 05:46 AM
I like the Lion King characters at the entrance of Adventureland (I've seen Timon & Rafiki.) I also like Woody & Jessie in Frontierland. I've seen Br'er Bear sometimes around the New Orleans Square/Critter Country area. That was a really good costume.

And of course, anytime I see Mickey wandering around Main Street or Toontown, I smile :).

merlinjones
10-12-2001, 07:36 AM
>>the Cat (don't know his name) who has a cape and a cane w/ a derby hat, I always remember going there as a child and that character would always put his hand over my eyes in every pic I ever took w/ that character.<<

Gideon from "Pinocchio". That's one of my favorites too. I don't remember seeing him in a while (though his companion Honest John is in the current parade).

My faves:

Alice
Aurora
Clarabelle Cow
Mary Poppins
Captain Hook
Brer Fox & Bear
Tarzan!!!
Snow White

Fave characters that deperately need a redesign:

Maleficent (Funky design. Horns don't fit right)
Peter Pan (what's with the flourescent green and diaper? Need cuter, more masculine guys in this outfit too).
Mad Hatter (I want the cool old rubberhead back!)
Prince Phillip (Doesn't look like him)
Cinderella (Check hair color, dress design, fabric and color. They can do much better!)

Characters I have always wanted to see at Disneyland... make them!:

Cheshire Cat
Mr. Toad

EandCDad
10-12-2001, 07:58 AM
Originally posted by merlinjones

Gideon from "Pinocchio". That's one of my favorites too. I don't remember seeing him in a while (though his companion Honest John is in the current parade).

merlinjones, I just saw this character on Monday (the 8th). He and Honest John walked right by me while I sat on a bench facing the castle waiting for my girls to visit all four princess (Belle, Aurora, Snow White, and Cinderella) who were spread out between the wishing well and the Carnation stage area. They seemed to be heading toward Adventureland but they may have stopped somewhere else.

My favorite is one particular Snow White (she was in the DCA commercial) the absolute best.

Dlandmom
10-12-2001, 08:16 AM
Originally posted by EandCDad

My favorite is one particular Snow White (she was in the DCA commercial) the absolute best.

I got the impression from a VERY reliable source that it might be a particular Ariel that tickles your fancy!;)

EandCDad
10-12-2001, 08:25 AM
At some point even a degenerate like myself can separate a "character" from a "hot chick playing a character." My favorite character is this Snow White because she seems the most like the Snow White in the movie and is very sweet to my girls and takes wonderful pictures.

If the thread is started on "hot chicks playing characters" I will probably come up with some different answers.;)

Dlandmom
10-12-2001, 08:28 AM
Touche!

mad4mky
10-12-2001, 08:36 AM
Duh....Mickey Mouse!!!

But, I love seeing the Evil Queen from Snow White. The lady who did that character the day we saw her was a hoot. She was so believable, and all the little girls were scared of her. She was great.

:D

Mouse
10-12-2001, 03:46 PM
>>the Cat (don't know his name) who has a cape and a cane w/ a derby hat, I always remember going there as a child and that character would always put his hand over my eyes in every pic I ever took w/ that character.<<

You got to love Gideon! :) Here's the funny thing about the Pinocchio Characters: You'll remember in the movie they were named "Kitty" and "Honest John" but in the park they go by Gideon and Foulfellow respectively. Both of these names are never mentioned in the movie (I checked!).

As for my favorites I love Pluto! I always give him a scratch on the snout when I see him running around. And Mickey Mouse can never go unmentioned. And for new comers Kuzco (yeah so I know he is at DCA) is a crack up. You should see him dance. Just ask him...most of the time he'll bust a move for you. Max is also one of my favorites.... Especially since Goofy's Beach Party Bash and LaFeet (the drum show), both at DCA.

mad4mky
10-12-2001, 03:52 PM
I've got to say, that I love all the characters when we go to the park with my daughter who is disabled. The castmembers who play them are just so kind and caring. They really go out of their way to take time with her, and talk with her. Ever since she was a little peanut, she has always gotten some great and special treatment by all the characters.:D

merlinjones
10-12-2001, 05:06 PM
>>Here's the funny thing about the Pinocchio Characters: You'll remember in the movie they were named "Kitty" and "Honest John" but in the park they go by Gideon and Foulfellow respectively. Both of these names are never mentioned in the movie (I checked!). <<

In the film, I believe the Fox introduces himself to Pinocchio as "J. Worthington Foulfellow" (and shows him his "card"), later Pinocchio refers to him as "Honest John" (to Jiminy). Honest John (the J. in J. Worthington Foulfellow) addresses the Cat as "Giddy" (short for Gideon), rather than "Kitty".

Gregmh48
10-12-2001, 09:20 PM
I like that Mad Hatter when he is in the park.

MickeyD
10-13-2001, 12:35 AM
Every character in Disneyland is my favorite! I can't walk by one without smiling. I must admit tho, that I don't know who most of the characters in DCA are. I always see them in Hollywood Backlot and I have no idea who they are. :confused:

10-13-2001, 05:34 AM
Captain Hook and the Mad Hatter are my favorites.

I'd love to see Pocahontas.

DisneylandBoy
10-13-2001, 06:49 AM
I like many:
Cinderella
Belle
Beast
Snow White
Captain Hook
Pinocchio
Alice
Mad Hatter
Mickey and Minnie (of course)
Pooh
and
Tigger

These are my favorite characters, but only when good actors play them. I also don't mind is someone hot is playing one of the princesses!

Mouse
10-13-2001, 07:17 AM
In the film, I believe the Fox introduces himself to Pinocchio as "J. Worthington Foulfellow" (and shows him his "card"), later Pinocchio refers to him as "Honest John" (to Jiminy). Honest John (the J. in J. Worthington Foulfellow) addresses the Cat as "Giddy" (short for Gideon), rather than "Kitty".

Thanks for the correction...I guess I'm not very observant ;)

pixiepal
10-13-2001, 09:08 AM
I love all of the face characters, but I think Cruella and Mary Poppins are great. They SO get into their roles: Cruella calls me "Daahling" and Mary reminded me to stand up straight before we took our picture.

Jon Vincible
10-13-2001, 10:22 AM
I like pluto, but Mickey is my favorite character. I just wanted to know, is there an "Adventureland" Mickey that walks around? I have the stuffed animal of him, i just wondered if he's "real".

zapppop
10-13-2001, 10:37 AM
I always get a kick out of Minnie Mouse.

Several times, when I was just standing there on Main Street, she turns, sees me, then comes running up and gives me a big hug and kiss.

I don't know if the person inside recognizes me or what but I find it very amusing.

EandCDad
10-13-2001, 04:24 PM
Originally posted by zapppop
I always get a kick out of Minnie Mouse.

Several times, when I was just standing there on Main Street, she turns, sees me, then comes running up and gives me a big hug and kiss.

I don't know if the person inside recognizes me or what but I find it very amusing.

We saw the shortest Minnie Mouse the other day. My daughter is 7 and not particularly tall and when she stood next to Minnie, her head was just a few inches shorter. Man, that girl inside must have been miniscule.

Largent81
10-13-2001, 04:35 PM
Any of the seven dwarfs, but only because they bring back so many memories of how they scared the heck out of my little brother when we were VERY little!!

Mouse
10-14-2001, 08:23 AM
Originally posted by Oo1955oO
I like pluto, but Mickey is my favorite character. I just wanted to know, is there an "Adventureland" Mickey that walks around? I have the stuffed animal of him, i just wondered if he's "real".

Mickey is never in Adventureland. About the only members of the fab five (or six or eight) that are found outside their territory (townsquare, toontown, the hub, etc...) are Goofy, Chip and Dale, and Pluto who can be found in Frontierland (dressed in their western duds) this time of year.

DisneyGurly
10-14-2001, 01:14 PM
I love Mary Poppins. Her outfit is so cool. My two friends and I were at disneyland one day and she came up to us and asked us our favorite kind of tea. she was so nice.

baileykat
10-14-2001, 01:45 PM
Okay all you DL regulars...
My daughter is 4...we'll be at DL in Dec..She has a list!

I'm sure most parents can relate. It's a list of characters we MUST see while at DL.

On her list are Kuzco and Kronk..from what I've read, they are at DCA...do they ever venture over to DL and who else hangs out only at DCA...I wasn't going to get hopper tickets...but if they are at DCA...I just might have to....

Dena