PDA

View Full Version : We all have our dreams... [new Disneyland commercial]

Pages : [1] 2

Mickeyslittlehelper
02-25-2004, 07:33 PM
I have seen this commercial at least 6 times in the past 2 days. Its a wonderful one and I love. I like the idea of a dog (especially when he goes to pluto :)) instead of just a normal family. Has anybody else seen this?

PsychDoc
02-25-2004, 09:41 PM
I love this commercial! It makes me want to go to DL even more. It's kind of cool how he's running through the park and it's empty. That really would be a dream; to have DL all to yourself. Although, I do like to people watch, as long as it's not too crowded.

duffman03
02-26-2004, 07:56 AM
I hate it - maybe it speaks to hardcore Disney fans, but what does it say to the regular customer? Doesn't do anything for me - doesn't say anything about why I should go to the park (time with family, fun on the attractions). The dog looks bored. And for those of us who are literal minded when we watch ads, it's a total disconnect - I can't take my dog, so why are they showing me this? What does a dog's dream have to do with me (I don't have a dog)? Give me a good, old-fashioned shot of someone enjoying a great NEW attraction any day.

I realize it's marketing and not reality, it just doesn't seem to be good marketing for me and the people I know.

Disney Vault
02-26-2004, 02:22 PM
Was this on ABC because i dont watch very much ABC but i really want to see the comercial. Can i download it anywhere?

disneydoug
02-26-2004, 02:34 PM
I thought it was awful. Where did the magic go? Disneyland has reduced itself to common marketing. It would be a good commercial for Six Flags, but not for Disney. I want to see happy people, characters, and fireworks.

Also, the logo at the end is awful. Retro is in, but that is not retro. :confused:

zero
02-26-2004, 02:49 PM
Originally posted by disneydoug
I thought it was awful. Where did the magic go? Disneyland has reduced itself to common marketing. It would be a good commercial for Six Flags, but not for Disney. I want to see happy people, characters, and fireworks.

Also, the logo at the end is awful. Retro is in, but that is not retro. :confused:

i haven't seen the commerical, but the "common marketing" part of your statement caught my eye. i think that's how i felt when i heard those 2fer ads on the radio, where they would prank call people and ask for 2-for-1 deals.

Andrew
02-26-2004, 04:55 PM
Originally posted by Disneys Biggest Fan
Was this on ABC because i dont watch very much ABC but i really want to see the comercial. Can i download it anywhere? I've seen it on ABC (on "According to Jim") and CBS (on "Late Night").

It's incredibly cute and we love it. Especially the bit with the dog in Mickey ears getting a hot dog.

The Jazzman
02-26-2004, 10:21 PM
I loved this ad. As I was watching it I couldn't stop thinking, "Oh my gosh! They're actually showing attractions at Disneyland! There's Pirates! Mansion! This is so cool! They're not begging us to go to DCA or trying to fool us into believing that DCA is this awesome destination, they're showing us what we all love about Disneyland!" I also thought that the angle with it being the dog's dream was very creative, whimsical and really felt like something imaginative and magical instead of the usual "focus grouped" pitching.

happyhaunts999
02-26-2004, 11:30 PM
Everybody has to use marketing to get you into the park. This is by no means a Six Flags Commercial. It is great, I love it. All those who do not like it need to give there head a shake.

Disney Vault
02-27-2004, 01:34 PM
I saw it last night! It was so great! I dont know why everyone else doesnt feel this way.

dsnylndmom
02-27-2004, 02:28 PM
I want to see it!!! And I even watch According to Jim and still didn't see it, grrrrrrrrr

mousetrap adam
02-27-2004, 10:39 PM
I saw it last night! It was so great! I dont know why everyone else doesnt feel this way.

I completely agree... how could anyone not like this commercial? That shot of the dog running over the castle drawbridge towards Fantasyland is just plain awesome. Besides, one only needs to think back to the first few spots for DCA to realize that they can do much, muuuuuch worse.

-Mo (who even likes the old school DL logo at the end)

UncleGDogWord
02-28-2004, 01:14 PM
Well a dog can always dream, but his want to go to Disneyland Resort will mirror the plight of the Trix Rabbit. As we all know the only dog let through the gates of the Magic Kingdom are the seeing eye variety, and since this dog does not appear to resemble a seeing eye dog; the closest he will get to the park is the kennel.

Great commercial though.

Disney Vault
02-28-2004, 02:25 PM
Commercials dont have to be real. That is what makes this one so fun. We all know a dog cant spend the day at disneyland but it still makes a great commercial.

BrerFox
02-28-2004, 06:05 PM
Originally posted by PsychDoc
I love this commercial! It makes me want to go to DL even more. It's kind of cool how he's running through the park and it's empty. That really would be a dream; to have DL all to yourself. Although, I do like to people watch, as long as it's not too crowded.

dreamy to be a dog? Oh yeah! in disneyland........don't know:D
great commercial though.:fez:

mousey_girl
02-28-2004, 07:29 PM
The only commercial I have seen (over and over and over) is the Snow White one. It is fast beoming highly annoying.:rolleyes:

Disney Vault
02-29-2004, 08:10 AM
i've never seen a snow white one. Is that just for local people around DL

mikala
02-29-2004, 03:27 PM
I think it was a fantastic commercial. Makes me want to go too. I think my dog (Lilo) shares that dog's dream...everyone can have their own opinion. BUT IT WAS AWESOME. :)

mousey_girl
02-29-2004, 08:36 PM
i've never seen a snow white one. Is that just for local people around DL

Dunno. I am 2 1/2 hrs away (but still close enought to get in on So Cal discounts). I still haven't seen the "dreams" one, just total bombardment wth the "snow" one.

Not Afraid
02-29-2004, 09:00 PM
I just saw the dog one and loved it. I rarely get a chance to see commercials, so the Oscars got me up to speed on a few I've been missing.

NirvanaMan
02-29-2004, 10:20 PM
I just saw it too...and I thought it was great.

Pirate Girl
03-01-2004, 07:30 AM
Originally posted by The Jazzman
I loved this ad. As I was watching it I couldn't stop thinking, "Oh my gosh! They're actually showing attractions at Disneyland! There's Pirates! Mansion! This is so cool! They're not begging us to go to DCA or trying to fool us into believing that DCA is this awesome destination, they're showing us what we all love about Disneyland!"

I agree! I loved the footage they used! It was a clever new commercial!

HBTiggerFan
03-01-2004, 09:32 AM
I saw it last night. I loved it.

SacTown Chronic
03-01-2004, 09:38 AM
I loved it at first. Then I started thinking about having to put Smoochie up in a kennel when we go to DL. Now I'm bummed.

sediment
03-01-2004, 09:39 AM
Don't we all have dreams of a nearly empty Disneyland at our disposal?