PDA

View Full Version : It's that time of year again

Nigel2
10-11-2001, 10:54 PM
Yep its time to start decorating for Christmas. In Downtown Disney they have started decorating the trees there with lights arround the trunks, and light balls and stars hanging from the branches. Any other progess in either DTD, DL, or DCA can be noted here.

awinner
10-11-2001, 10:59 PM
I believe in DCA they are putting lights on Screamin California for their Holiday show, Lumanaria.

awinner
10-11-2001, 11:02 PM
I meant to say California Screamin...I don't want to get flamed for not giving out the right name of an attraction.

Nigel2
10-11-2001, 11:30 PM
Yeah I read that, actually there was a girl in the hot seat today that made that same mistake with the name.

DisneylandKid
10-12-2001, 05:42 AM
Disney really gets a jump-start on this Holiday thing!

Ghoulish Delight
10-12-2001, 09:32 AM
AAARGH! It's not even HALLOWEEN! This really is getting out of control. I still remember the first year, maybe 10 years ago, that Santa showed up at the malls the week befor Thanksgiving. That was ridiculous enough, but OCTOBER 12?? Geez man.

Although I forgive Disney slightly. They at least have a somewhat viable excuse. Families that are visiting the parks from out of town right now would be thinking of Christmas gifts to bring back home. It's not like they get to go to Disneyland all that often. Thus the existence of the Christmas store in NOS. But I've already started seeing furniture stores (why furniture stores?) with full on decorations as early as two weeks ago. SEPTEMBER! Grrrr.

Lani
10-12-2001, 09:33 AM
Well, perhaps in someone's mind, the "Nightmare Before Christmas" overlay at Haunted Mansion was going to be a good excuse to segue into the holiday season really early.

Nigel2
10-12-2001, 11:55 AM
The timing isn't that surprising, heck bed bath and beyond has its winter holiday items out. But remember they probably have to start earlier since they now have 3 separate places to decorate since last year they only had to take care of Disneyland.

zapppop
10-13-2001, 10:39 AM
I'm anxious to see if they'll perform the christmas version of the MSEP in DCA .

DisneylandBoy
10-14-2001, 10:42 AM
It takes a LONG time to decorate Disneyland for the holidays. Now they have to decorate DTD and DCA. It is going to take a very long time! If they didn't start now, they wouldn't finish in time, and then everyone would complain that Disneyland didn't decorate the park well enough.

WizKidRyan
10-14-2001, 10:50 AM
Why, just yesterday (10-13)I saw a set of christmas lights attached to small worlds facade!

I can't wait for Believe! Holiday to start :)

Sheila
10-15-2001, 04:19 PM
Originally posted by zapppop
I'm anxious to see if they'll perform the christmas version of the MSEP in DCA .

Oh, I sure hope not! The Christmas music overlay really made me cringe when I saw/heard it last Christmas at WDW.

The music drowns out the music for the smaller floats, like the caterpillar squishing sound. Plus the music doesn't "fit" into the Hoedown music so each Christmas carol refrain *ends* after each Hoedown refrain. <sigh>

But they'll probably do it whether I like it or not.... ;)

Sheila

jrayfarm
10-15-2001, 11:07 PM
Although Christmas decorations are popping up around the resort, they aren't obvious to the point where it looks like Christmas in October. They do need to start now in order to have the resort looking festive the first week of November. It can't just pop up overnight!

If you head over to Paradise Pier, you'll notice the Luminaria lights on Screamin' and strands of Christmas lights wrapped around the large palm trees up and down the boardwalk. They look like they'll alternate red and green trees so that area really ought to look nice. I wonder if the music will change to Christmas music though (I hope so!)....

Jim

Nigel2
10-16-2001, 02:26 PM
That has already been discussed, but speaking of trees. You know when it is really close when you can see the asemby of the giant fake trees from the road (possibly the Parking Structure) backstage. Also if you look at the from of MS it drops alot of fake needles and junk, you have to wonder how much it drops yearly?

Uncle Dick
02-28-2002, 09:02 AM
So now it's February and the holiday decorations in Downtown Disney are still up. Did someone forget to take em down? Is it laziness? Or did TPTB just decide that it looked better that way? (I think it adds life to the area.)

Dave Z
02-28-2002, 09:45 AM
These old posts sure have lots of names I don't see anymore.
What do you think happens to them. They get a life, or something? :confused:

Nigel2
02-28-2002, 08:53 PM
What there is only one person that isn't arround anymore, (Awinner is off and on).

But yeah I have noticed that too (But I wanted to keep this thread down but someone decided to quicken it:)). Well since they are nice and aren't 100% holiday looking they could be year round atmosphere.

awinner
02-28-2002, 10:24 PM
did someone mention my name? I am still around...read every thread...I have just been laying low for a while...I have been so busy in my field of work for the last couple of months (until April), that I have not had a lot of time to reply...but I will try harder!!!

Nigel2
02-28-2002, 10:26 PM
So there you deepfried thing.:D

awinner
02-28-2002, 10:34 PM
Originally posted by Nigel2
So there you deepfried thing.:D

Deepfried???? Okay.

Nigel2
02-28-2002, 10:39 PM
For someone who claims to be reading these things you have failed to notice that Dave is a Corndog?:)

awinner
02-28-2002, 10:41 PM
why yes you are correct, dave is a corndog!!! which by the way are very tasty from the red wagon. Has that reopened up yet?

Nigel2
02-28-2002, 10:45 PM
Don't know, but he also claims to have a female cd that drives a pink caddy.

I think the red wagon is seasonal now BTW.