PDA

View Full Version : Exactly where is your AP Lounge?

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Cadaverous Pallor
02-24-2004, 06:17 PM
We spend a lot of time at the Grand Californian. A LOT of time. We'll sit in the bar area and have coffee drinks or mixed drinks and eat the weird cheesy cracker things until we realize they taste awful. :D Or we'll grab a couch in the lobby, drag over some chairs and gab. I've even caught a nap or two there.

I'd have to say, out of all our hangouts at the park, the Grand Cal is our AP Lounge. We have spent inordinate amounts of time at any one of the eating establisments at DL, and we used to spend way too long at the hub trying to decide on a common goal, but these days it's definitely the Grand Cal.

Where do you hang out?

CarlieB
02-24-2004, 06:29 PM
Not an AP, but we spent quite a bit of time at the Uva Bar last time. Nice atmosphere coupled with good food and drinks make it a winner in my book. I'm looking forward to spending some time at the Grand Californian on my next trip though - the lobby is amazing (I popped in twice for a wander around last time) and the Hearthstone Bar looks nice too.

zapppop
02-24-2004, 06:56 PM
Home is where the Hearthstone is ;)
(really bad pun. sorry Not Afraid)

Yes, the Grand Cal seems to be the best place. The pianist playing, the warm fireplace, the comfy couches, booze, etc. It's the AP lounge.

MonorailMan
02-24-2004, 07:20 PM
Originally posted by zapppop
It's the AP lounge.

Agreed! :D :p

Pafuts
02-24-2004, 09:10 PM
Eating nachos by the water over in DCA.

Watching the tourists and listening to the band.

Andrew
02-24-2004, 09:20 PM
The back section of the top deck at Hungry Bear.

The lovely tiled area outside Aladdin's Oasis.

The indoor seating area between Coke Corner and the Candy Palace.

I'm sure there are others I'm not recalling at the moment.

DisneyFan25863
02-24-2004, 09:22 PM
I love the GCH lobby. I've never been there for a meet, but I've spent a lot of time there in the wee hours when we stayed at the GCH just relaxing :fez:

sleepyjeff
02-24-2004, 09:23 PM
Since there are always so many APs lined up at City Hall....I always thought the Lounge was in there somewhere;)

mad4mky
02-25-2004, 08:53 AM
We too use the Grand Californian Lobby as our AP Lounge...

We have gone there during the mid-days to relax, meet friends, let the kids play video games, grab a snack...and to just sit and 'be'.
:D

Kevy Baby
02-25-2004, 09:15 AM
The patio of the gallery

And nothing beats propping your feet up in front of the fire at the GCH and falling asleep (GusGus has woken me more than once when the snoring got too loud!).

Taking a lazy trip around the ROA on the MT

Disneyana

DLRR (except going through the Grand Canyon & Primordial Soup).

blusilva
02-25-2004, 09:23 AM
The riverside patio of the Riverbelle Terrace. A cup of coffee, the Mark Twain paddling by.....ahhhhhhh.......

mousey_girl
02-25-2004, 09:49 AM
The fountain area between NOS and HM. I love sitting there, people watching while waiting for The Boys to get off of POTC.

innerSpaceman
02-25-2004, 10:23 AM
Ah, all of these are some great places I have luxuriously lounged at the resort.

But I must say that, for the comfyness of the available seating and the proximity of booze, I must go with the Grand Cal over the locations actually inside Disneyland.

I mean, I love the Gallery Courtyard, and I am crazy about the way, way back underside of the Hungry Bear - but all the seats in Disneyland pale in comfortability comparison with the the overstuffed chairs and sofas in the Grand Cal Lobby.

I saw we abolish the noon Hub meet altogether and just go with the 2pm Grand Cal Lobby meet.

Morrigoon
02-25-2004, 10:38 AM
Coke Corner is another one, though less used by this particular crowd. It is certainly an AP lounge though. (At least, it is on nights when Rod is playing) You'll find the APs at the table(s) next to the piano on Rod's left.

Hearthstone Loungs is definitely one as well.

Cadaverous Pallor
02-25-2004, 10:47 AM
Originally posted by blusilva
The riverside patio of the Riverbelle Terrace. A cup of coffee, the Mark Twain paddling by.....ahhhhhhh....... This post made me miss the breakfast meets at the Riverbelle. The Twain blowing it's horn, the light morning crowds, pulling circular tables together, meeting random padders each week, not really knowing anyone too well, being annoyed that I was too cheap to actually eat breakfast there......;) :cool:

Nope, I'm not getting up that early anymore. But it was fun while it lasted.

NirvanaMan
02-25-2004, 10:53 AM
Haunted Mansion Holiday...I believe...

;)

Not Afraid
02-25-2004, 11:43 AM
Originally posted by Cadaverous Pallor
This post made me miss the breakfast meets at the Riverbelle. The Twain blowing it's horn, the light morning crowds, pulling circular tables together, meeting random padders each week, not really knowing anyone too well, being annoyed that I was too cheap to actually eat breakfast there......;) :cool:

Nope, I'm not getting up that early anymore. But it was fun while it lasted.

We (3 w/ GD) were JUST talking about his yesterday. I have a feeling that we may all have to bite the bullet and get to the RBT by 10 sometime very soon.:~D

stagedoorjonny
02-25-2004, 12:49 PM
I also like the walkway from near the pond by BTMRR exit. IN DCA it's the Cove Bar which I heard about from Darkbeer.:)

tod
02-25-2004, 02:59 PM
Originally posted by stagedoorjonny
In DCA it's the Cove Bar which I heard about from Darkbeer.:)

Where is that?

--T

Morrigoon
02-25-2004, 03:10 PM
It's the bar on Ariel's (Grotto's) back side. ;) :fez:

Icy Bacon
02-25-2004, 04:49 PM
Originally posted by Morrigoon
You'll find the APs at the table(s) next to the piano on Rod's left.
Most certainly true. Only been by three times, but come September and college nearby I forsee myself becoming a regular. Last time I was the subject of the hot dog song. :geek:

Cancer Norm
02-25-2004, 06:10 PM
The riverside patio of the Riverbelle Terrace. A cup of coffee, the Mark Twain paddling by.....ahhhhhhh.......

blusilva is exactly right!!!! ....early in the morning in summer when the park opens, Pancakes, coffee, and that whistle going off for ten seconds straight,....and then echoing everywhere, ... steam drifting off your coffee...everything still in the shadows except the treetops...the birds flying...

...WOW I miss that right now

Bruce Bergman
02-25-2004, 06:54 PM
Originally posted by Icy Bacon
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by Morrigoon
You'll find the APs at the table(s) next to the piano on Rod's left.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Most certainly true. Only been by three times, but come September and college nearby I forsee myself becoming a regular. Last time I was the subject of the hot dog song. :geek:

Hey Morigoon! I resemble that remark. (But I don't resent it.) :D It proves you don't have to be over 60 to appreciate good piano playing. And besides, it's fun picking on Sharon for falling asleep... :rolleyes:

Introduce yourself when you get here, Icy. I'll make sure you learn the whole Rod Songbook, including the most important one - "The Closing Number" in all it's glory.

Oh, and be sure to ask Rod if he knows any Strauss waltzes... :~D

:fez: --<< Bruce >>--

Not Afraid
02-25-2004, 07:43 PM
Originally posted by Mr.Zogs
blusilva is exactly right!!!! ....early in the morning in summer when the park opens, Pancakes, coffee, and that whistle going off for ten seconds straight,....and then echoing everywhere, ... steam drifting off your coffee...everything still in the shadows except the treetops...the birds flying...

..........and Uncle Dick spying from the Twain.

Sonya in Boise
02-25-2004, 07:43 PM
Sitting on the curb in front of Pirates with a bag of popcorn and 20-30 ducks in the water having a feeding frenzy. Or the back of the lower level of Hungry Bear with the kids tossing french fries to the ducks. I love to be albe to relax and take in the sights while the kids are entertained.