PDA

View Full Version : Birthday at the Parks - ideas for a 20 year old?

CarlieB
02-24-2004, 01:55 PM
My brother will be celebrating his 20th birthday at DL later this year. I'm looking for ideas for fun things we could do to celebrate while at the parks. This will be his first time in the States (he's been overseas once before, to Australia) so it would be cool to make it a special day. We're contemplating dinner at ESPN Zone, as we think he'd like it (though of course, he gets to decide where we go in the end), but any other ideas for things to do would be great:)

sediment
02-24-2004, 02:21 PM
Seems too old to be celebrating a birthday. I've heard of a sticker you can get that you can put on him inconspicuously, so that everyone wishes him happy birthday and he won't know why.

tod
02-24-2004, 02:26 PM
Do it next year. Then he can drink. ;)

Hell, do it next year in Las Vegas. He can do more than just drink. :eek:

--T
sorry, that wasn't much help, was it. Sometimes I could just kick myself in the shins. :mad:

cstephens
02-24-2004, 02:30 PM
Originally posted by CarlieB
My brother will be celebrating his 20th birthday at DL later this year. I'm looking for ideas for fun things we could do to celebrate while at the parks. This will be his first time in the States (he's been overseas once before, to Australia) so it would be cool to make it a special day. We're contemplating dinner at ESPN Zone, as we think he'd like it (though of course, he gets to decide where we go in the end), but any other ideas for things to do would be great:)

One is never too old to celebrate a birthday (or at least use a birthday as an excuse to have fun). Don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

I have a birthday page (http://www.colddeadfish.net/dlr/dlrbirthdays.html) posted that you might find useful.

CarlieB
02-24-2004, 02:32 PM
Tod -

So true. He's going to have to get used to that...here in NZ the legal drinking age is 18, so he's going to have to drink coke or something for a few weeks...:~D

CarlieB
02-24-2004, 02:44 PM
One is never too old to celebrate a birthday (or at least use a birthday as an excuse to have fun)

Agreed. Actually, I think he'll just be so excited to be at DL that it will be a good day anyway, no matter what we do.

Cadaverous Pallor
02-24-2004, 03:34 PM
1. Get the birthday sticker.

2. Do EVERYTHING! :D

Actually, cstephens has a really good resorce there. Can't top that. :)

LegolandMC
02-24-2004, 03:41 PM
Originally posted by sediment
Seems too old to be celebrating a birthday.

Well, that's just crazy talk! I'm in my 20's, and I celebrate my birthday every year. :D

It's not like it's a birthday party with pin the tail on the donkey and a pinata. ;)

JenGood008
02-24-2004, 04:32 PM
Originally posted by LegolandMC
Well, that's just crazy talk! I'm in my 20's, and I celebrate my birthday every year. :D

It's not like it's a birthday party with pin the tail on the donkey and a pinata. ;)

I'll second that! I turned 22 this year and I spent the day at DL. Be sure to get a sticker at City Hall - in addition to everyone being extra nice, it seemed to me like the CMs tried to give us the front row on everything that day. Fun Fun Fun! :fez: