PDA

View Full Version : Strips, Dips & Chips - ever open?

CarlieB
02-23-2004, 04:31 PM
This place has never been open when I've been at DCA - is it ever open these days? I really want to try the Zucchini strips sometime...

BryanPeek
02-23-2004, 04:33 PM
I wonder the same thing. It seemed so good, then I realized it wasn't open. Think it'll open back up?

justagrrl
02-23-2004, 04:40 PM
Oh that's so sad. We haven't been in quite a few months but they used to be the one place that was always open... at least compared to Maliburritos, the chinese food place, and the nacho place in the Hollywood area.

They really had a yummy combo going on.

EandCDad
02-23-2004, 08:26 PM
I think it was open on Saturday. We didn't eat there, but when I walked by, it looked open.

MotorBoat Cruiser
02-24-2004, 12:46 AM
I've seen "Strips" open within the last few weeks. I didn't notice if it was on Sunday though.

Does anyone know the last time the chinese place was open or if it will ever re-open?

DCAWhites
02-24-2004, 07:04 AM
Originally posted by justagrrl
but they used to be the one place that was always open... at least compared to Maliburritos, the chinese food place, and the nacho place in the Hollywood area.

Don't forget Farmer's Market in Bountiful Valley Farm. The only place in the park that ever served fried chicken (unless hollywood and dine did too), compared to the countless number of resturants that do at disneyland park.

Demigod121
02-24-2004, 07:41 AM
Last time I ever saw it open was about a year ago!

:D

-Demigod

Dlandmom
02-24-2004, 09:48 AM
The few times I happened to be looking at it, it was open. There are lots of places at DCA I haven't tried. I guess I'd better try them if I see them open...chances are they might be closed the next time I'm there!

LegolandMC
02-24-2004, 11:22 AM
I actually ate there a week ago....it was open! And it was good....though a little slow.

millionairegirl
02-24-2004, 12:03 PM
I ate there a few weeks ago-definitely on a weekend. The park was pretty crowded. I don't recall zucchini strips on the menu, but I could have just missed them. I did not care for the 'chicken' strips (very little chicken), they were too greasy for my liking, and made me kind of queasy for the rest of the day. That's more likely due to me just not being used to so much grease at one time. My sister who is a food court addict had no problem with them.

cmpeter
02-24-2004, 01:29 PM
I don't know about Strips...but the Chinese food place was open on President's day...that's the last time I was at DCA.

CarlieB
02-24-2004, 01:47 PM
but the Chinese food place was open on President's day...that's the last time I was at DCA.

Wow - that place has never been open when I've been at the Parks...for that matter, neither has the Farmers Market (does that place even operate now?)

cstephens
02-24-2004, 02:34 PM
Originally posted by CarlieB
Wow - that place has never been open when I've been at the Parks...for that matter, neither has the Farmers Market (does that place even operate now?)

The last time we walked by there a few weeks ago, the menus had been taken down completely - you'd have never known it was ever a food location. Sad.

I'm surprised to hear that Lucky Fortune was open. But then again, they don't have anything there I like anymore, so it makes no difference to me.

I remember being so excited about all the new and good places to eat at DCA. Most are gone now.

CarlieB
02-24-2004, 02:38 PM
I remember being so excited about all the new and good places to eat at DCA. Most are gone now.

I totally agree...it's really sad. DCA had the potential to offer some really good food, but it seems now that it's mostly the same stuff you can get nextdoor...

LegolandMC
02-24-2004, 03:43 PM
When I took my friend to Disneyland for the first time last week, I used the 2fer deal....and on the day we went to DCA, I was trying to figure out why I wasn't finding anyplace I wanted to eat that I could recommend to her....

It's cause usually, I hop back over to DL to eat! My favorite place to eat at DCA was Hollywood and Dine, and darn it, they closed that!

hgf1ower
02-24-2004, 04:26 PM
strips is open 7 days a week, from 11am to park closing. the only reason for strips being closed would be heavy rains.
the service at strips is slow during the week because most of the food is made to order. the zucchini strips haven't been on the menu for years now, they replaced it with cheese sticks. the chicken has changed over the years, and they added fish to the menu
hope that helps :)

i'm really surprised about lucky fortune being open, didn't realize they still used that place. as for maliburritos, i doubt it'll ever open again since we're REALLY low on cm's at the moment.

fyi, pizza oom mow mow is open from 12-3 weekdays, and 11- an hour before park closing fri-sun. catch a flave is open 12-park closing fri-sun and 2-6 on weekdays

CarlieB
02-24-2004, 04:43 PM
the zucchini strips haven't been on the menu for years now, they replaced it with cheese sticks.

:( I really wanted to try those too...oh well, I guess that's another one off the list. Thanks for the update hgf1ower...by the way, am I right in thinking there's another Mexican food place at DCA other than Maliburritos?

DCAWhites
02-24-2004, 04:49 PM
^yes there is another mexican resturant in DCA, Cucina Cucamonga in Pacific Wharf. Also, judging from the taste of the FIsh and Chips they serve us at the cast commisarries, Strips chips and dips must be pretty good.

BryanPeek
02-24-2004, 05:10 PM
Originally posted by DCAWhites
^yes there is another mexican resturant in DCA, Cucina Cucamonga in Pacific Wharf. Also, judging from the taste of the FIsh and Chips they serve us at the cast commisarries, Strips chips and dips must be pretty good.

That mexican restaurant is awesome! NACHOS!

CarlieB
02-24-2004, 05:26 PM
That mexican restaurant is awesome!

Is it better or similar to Rancho del Zocalo, in DL?

BryanPeek
02-24-2004, 05:59 PM
I think they have pretty much the same things...I remember I had the same kind of Nacho's at both places.