PDA

View Full Version : New Parades

stitchhead
02-23-2004, 04:16 PM
In an earlier thread, I explained that Disney is considering replacing the Parade of the Stars with an updated version of Light Magic. Instead of replacing it with Light Magic, couldn't be replaced with another parade from an earlier time, or an intirely new parade altogether>:fez: So, what do you think? Sould it be replaced with a parade from long ago? Or a new parade? And if so, what kind of new parade?

BryanPeek
02-23-2004, 04:36 PM
It would be cool to have a "new" different kind of parade. Something that has never been done before, something unique. I'm not sure where I'm going with this but eh.

How about a Parade that goes through all of the Disney Animated Classic Movies in Order. From the very first one, to the last one that's been made. You guys and gals know what I'm saying right?

snowsbeau
02-24-2004, 09:13 AM
I would hope that they are not planning on bringing back 'Light Tragic' back anytime soon. It was just not a good parade considering that is stopped at certain points and a show was performed. If you didn't have a good spot you just got bits and pieces.

There was a parade a few years ago that celebrated Disney animation. It merged the classic Disney movies with the Disney Daytime lineup at the time. Duck Tales, Darkwing Duck, etc. They are using the Sleeping Beauty float from that parade or one just like it at the Magic Kingdom. I have seen it in Very Merry Christmas Parade there at least three times.
I really hope that they pull out all of the stops for the 50th anniversary parade. Why aren't the parades at Disneyland as grand as the ones at the Magic Kingdoms in Florida and the European parks? Those seem to be much more elaborate.

spectromen
03-03-2004, 03:57 PM
They USED to be just as grand...if not grander..with better choreography than Florida will ever have. Unfortunately, I witnessed floats from 80's and early 90's parades slowly be cannibalized backstage while I was working in the dept. On some, they reused the motor bases for new floats and discarded the shells, others simply disappeared one day never to return (I'd like to think WDW got some of them but not sure). It's my understanding that the Light Magic floats were trashed almost as soon as the parade pulled in the gate for the last time. Some Lion King Celebration parts made it to Festival of the Lion King in Animal Kingdom. All the VMCP floats are gone or VERY well hidden - maybe Florida is using our Sleeping Beauty castle float, or they have ours as a spare, who knows. The only "old" floats that they still use are the basic wooden block ones with handrails which have been used for all the "special guest" one-time parades, or the former Pigskin Classic parades where they repaint them, add a sign and some plants and throw it out on the route.
I'm not even sure if they still have the units of Christmas Fantasy that are no longer being performed (i.e. Christmas Homecoming).
The woody wagon from Cruisin' the Kingdom is in use at DCA for bands.
Don't know if the Goofy bus survived.
Perhaps a current parades CM could enlighten us?

spectromen
03-03-2004, 03:59 PM
Woops, I left out the one survivor from VMCP, the Pirate Ship float currently "docked" at the Neverland Pool at the DLH.

Princess Aurora
03-08-2004, 12:21 PM
THERE WILL BE A NEW PARAGE FOR THE 50TH ANNIVERSARY. THAT IS ALL WE KNOW FOR NOW, BUT IT SHOULD BE WONDERFUL!!

stan4d_steph
03-08-2004, 12:30 PM
Please refrain from posting in ALLCAPS. (http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?threadid=11026) If you want to emphasize something use bold or italics. Thank you.

Princess Aurora
03-08-2004, 12:50 PM
oops, sorry. I didn't realize that my CAPS button was on at work.

:)

wonderful
03-08-2004, 08:48 PM
Parades are sort of synonymous with Disneyland... they have ALWAYS been part of the experience, and no Guest should ever have to leave the park without seeing at least one, but, if I had the magic wand, I would put TWO in both parks...
One for the day time in both parks that would march off twice most of the year and three times durring the peaks (which was the case with Lion King and Mulan). DCA needs a daytime parade terribly as the whole park was built with a parade in mind and Guests seem to get this feeling that "well something is supposed to happen on this big open space" but NOTHING happens durring the week and the Electrical Parade only happens on the weekends at the end of the night. Three showings also helps Guests by giving them one more option for their day (though I am thankful that Parade of the Stars is not shown three times a day as I fear there might be rioting).
At night both parks should have a whole seperate parade, I think DCA would be fine in keeping the Electrical Parade, as folks generaly love it, but I would update some things and bring in more characters and floats (as was the tradition with the old parade), and Disneyland simply needs a nice "goodnight kiss"-- a light parade that is elegant and reminds Guests why they want to plan their NEXT trip back to Disneyland... this is just MY opinion, I am sure many other people have ideas about this, but I think something of a "Magic Moments" theme-- a float with Ariel in her grotto singing to Eric's statue; a float with Simba and Nala and a bunch of animals with "Can You feel the Love Tonight" playing; a float with Aurora and Phillip dancing to "Once Upon a Dream"; a float with Peter Pan, Wendy, John and Michael flying to "The Second Star to the Right"; etc, with a final float with Mary Poppins singing to a bunch of sleepy characters (Mickey, Minnie, etc) "Don't Go To Sleep"... and she tells the park Guests that they, too, should not go to sleep, because there's so much more to do...
Yeah, that would make me want to come back.

Princess Aurora
03-09-2004, 03:21 PM
First let me say BRING BACK EUREKA !! I opened that parade and I miss it soooo much.
Secondly, your idea for a "goodnight kiss" parage thing it wonderful. My favorite part is the Princess Aurora float, but anywho, it sounds much better than light tragic, and a little more fantasy oriented then EP. I think children and Adults alike would love this parade!!

spectromen
03-10-2004, 08:02 AM
Awww, an original Eureka CM! Makes me sad, I liked it too..at least the music. Some of the choreography left much to be desired, and the house sound was too often ahead of the float sound...but the main theme and opening and closing units were "hip & edgy" like DCA was intended...I'd rather have it back than nothing at all!

Princess Aurora
03-18-2004, 02:06 PM
WOOHOO!!! Eureka!!!

LegolandMC
03-19-2004, 07:27 AM
I think they should do a parade like the old Mardi Gras parade they did with the HUGE characters! Those were cool. :D

Not bring back the Mardi Gras parade (though it was a fun parade), just do something like they did with the huge characters. :D