PDA

View Full Version : Parking

tooch
10-11-2001, 01:55 PM
I was wondering if anybody else has had problems with the parking CM's?

It is almost routine to have some sort of problem with parking. Mostly due to parking not giving any directs to guests and then yelling at them for doing it wrong. Especially since they have changed the entry and exit direction. We mostly see a group of 4 or 5 leaning up against a wall doing nothing. These problems are occurring at all times of the day. What is going on?????

Gauchograd99
10-11-2001, 06:14 PM
I cannot vouch for your observations as I have not had many issues with parking. The only time I have an issue is when one of their vehicles comes blasting out from between cars and swerves into my path... annoying and dangerous in the structure... there is not much room in there as it is.
I have seen tons of lazy CM's in the lot, but not anywhere near an area I would need them, so I figure they are either lazy morons (some people really are morons and lazy) or not on yet (that whole "take your clothes home and cleam them yourself" thing..). Oh well, I know the structure well enough to not need them, but I know a lot of ppl are new to it, so they need to get their heads out.. or be fired. It will probably take a crash in the structure to get one fired (read: car owner V. Disney for 10 million for neglegance).

Nigel2
10-11-2001, 10:09 PM
I just want a confirmation on this. Did they repaint the arrows in the parking structure (they did it in goofy I think). Now instead of going towards the front when you enter a floor you turn and head towards the back and go all arround. Then when it comes time to leave you have to basically do a lap depending on how close you are to the elevators and escelators. It actually seems dangerous since you spend more time near guests with children. Its funny I have never had a lazy Parking CM, actually they once remined me to lock my car which was nice.

Thomas
10-12-2001, 12:16 PM
I have just noticed since the parking structure opened, they (cm's) don't seem as organized in the way they park cars. In the old lot, there seemed to be some system. Sometimes you go they park 1 car in front of the other. Other times they do the front row first then fill in the back row (you know each stall hold 2 cars). The second way is the way I prefer because you can get stuff out of the back of your car without someone pulling right up on you.

Nigel2
10-12-2001, 01:01 PM
They also now only seem to fill the closer indoor halfs of the structure first(at least on weekdays). So getting a great spot isn't as hard.

Ghoulish Delight
10-12-2001, 01:57 PM
>>It will probably take a crash in the structure to get one fired
>>(read: car owner V. Disney for 10 million for neglegance).

Actually, I doubt even that would change the structure's staffing attitudes. Otherwise, there'd be CMs at the bottom of the exit ramp enforcing speed limits and alerting drivers to hazards. Take a look next time you're leaving. At the point where the structure columns force you to choose a side, there are small concrete posts designed to catch your attention and alert you to the columns. Unfortunately, not everyone seems to notice them. There are SEVERAL large black marks on them from multiple collisions :eek: I'm surprised they haven't positioned someone there, or at least put a sign or painted the pillar orange or SOMETHING. They really are hard to see, especially at night.

thamnarestan
10-12-2001, 02:11 PM
Yeah, I've had some problems with the Parking CMs before. Once, a CM sent me down a lane that was already filled with cars. So I had to turn around and go the wrong way on a one-way lane, and the CMs started yelling at me, even though it was their own fault.

But Parking CMs have a pretty bad reputation at the parks. It's sort of like costuming-- it's where they stick all the CMs that shouldn't be serving guests onstage in the parks.