PDA

View Full Version : Fantasmic with Parents

Werner
02-22-2004, 09:43 AM
I'm going to DL late April with the folks. Mom's never seen Fantasmic and I'm thinking of splurging on the balcony. Both Mom and Dad don't do well with crowds nor can I see them camping out on the cold ground two hours ahead for a decent view at the waterfront. I'm waffling on the balcony over the cost -- plus it sounds like you're kinda removed from the excitement of the mist and flames, etc. So tell me more about this second show sneak-in strategy -- where's a good place to "lie in wait" etc? Thanks!

ralfrick
02-22-2004, 12:52 PM
We took the train into NOS about the time the first show started, and wandered the shops. Towards the end of the performance, we moved out into the back of the crowd near the exit of Pirates, and watched the fireworks from there. We then scooted to the river rail as close to the center as we could. There was still about a 45 minute wait, but once you've appeared personally, most people are cool if someone wants to go to the toilet, grab a churro, etc.

We did the balcony once, too, and it's great. One of 2 times I've let my kid have dessert for dinner (the other at the B&J factory in Vermont). You're centered for the performance, and you can avoid the crowds until the last moment. Cheers.

wenderella
02-22-2004, 06:53 PM
We did the balcony thing in October 2003. I must say it was wonderful. No crowds to contend with. I hate to say this...but when I called to make the reservations I was told that I got the last for tickets for that performance. I expected to be sitting behind some people, but I was still willing to fork over the money. To my surprise...when we arrived, we were the four seats dead center right in the front. WOOO, HOOO! I wasn't about to ask any questions, but we had a great time. My son was elated to see that they had Mini Mickey Mouse waffles at the buffet! The desserts were so yummy. We'll do it again!

Xclipse129
02-23-2004, 08:37 AM
Were going there tommorow.. is Fantasmic playing and how do u reserve seats for the balcony..whats the number and how much.. i would love to bring my daughter to see that..

julia
02-23-2004, 01:45 PM
Hi,

I sat in private seating as a part of a special group, right along the edge of the water for Fantasmic and I thought it was wonderful and definitely, worth the price! Having refreshments and special seats with a good view is worth it to me! I have had a lot of clients buy these special tickets for the balcony and dessert and they have enjoyed it. A few have checked the prices and decided to ask their fellow Disney-philes for hints on coming later and getting a seat out of the crowds. However, I choose to spend my money very carefully and this is one of the things that I would buy as a special Disney splurge to make my trip incredibly memorable. I will certainly not forget my special seats for Fantasmic....

I would recommend doing the special balcony seating for Fantasmic for you! By the way, the last information that I had was that you can make your reservations with Guest Relations, but make them early!

Please let me know if I can offer any assistance - I am very happy to help!

Have a magical day!
Julia Elzie
Travel Consultant
Andavo Vacations and Cruises
http://www.goandavo.com
E-mail: jelzie@andavotravel.com