PDA

View Full Version : Disneyland in June

disneygeek87
02-21-2004, 10:19 AM
I'm planning a trip to DLR June 14-18. My family and I have been to DLR many times, but never during this time of the year. Is it really crowded during this time of the year? Also, we are planning on staying at one of the Resorts. I wan't to buy an Annual Pass so I can get the annual pass discount on the resorts, but I'm just wondering, when does Disney release dates for Annual Pass Discounts? Where could I find that information? Thank you for all the help.

Hamradio
02-21-2004, 05:16 PM
Plan on crowds in June. it's tourist season. It'll also be hot, wear loose casual clothing and hydrate with lots of drinking water.

only1mouse
02-22-2004, 07:45 AM
We went during this time last year. It was busy, but not nearly what it's like in late June, July, or August. Also, I'm not sure but all the schools down there may not have let out yet at that time either (I live in Oregon).

tinksmom
02-22-2004, 07:00 PM
We went about that same time last summer. It was pretty crowded, but we managed and had the best vacation we had ever had!

Tips:

1. If you can, stay at the Grand Californian. It's a tad spendy, but it makes up for it in the beauty of the hotel and the fantastic location. We loved White Water snacks--the prices were reasonable and my 12 year old practically lived on the chicken salad sandwiches. The pool is a great way to spend the afternoon.

2. Get up and get to the park early. We were among the first in line when it opened at 8, and there were no waits at all until after 10: our first day, we managed Indy (twice), pirates, haunted mansion, splash mountain, BTRR (twice) as almost walk ons! We finsihed up with matterhorn, used Fastpass for Space Mountain and Star Tours, waited a bit too long for Autopia--by then it was 1:00, it had gotten pretty crowded, and we were relaxing by the pool at the GC by 1:30!

3. Use Fastpass. Biggest tip I can think of.

4. Stay out of the park in the afternoon.

5. Go to the late Fantasmic. The early one is so packed you can't move or breathe.

Have a great time!

Morrigoon
02-22-2004, 07:41 PM
June is crowded but July and August are worse.

TinkR
02-22-2004, 08:47 PM
Depending on what part of June you plan to go be aware that the park closes early for grad night celebrations. I have gone a couple of times in June and was bummed when I found out the park was closing early (6 I think). I was without kids and wanted to 'play' till the wee hours at the park. What a drag.

Saratoga75
02-22-2004, 11:14 PM
Disneygeek, coincidentally I am going with friends and family during that same time June 14-17. No doubt it will be crowded, during the first few weeks of june alot of schools in Southern California have there End of School event at Disneyland, you'll see ALOT of school and tour busses than you normally will see in the parking lot, and lots and lots of kids.

MontanaKC
02-24-2004, 12:51 PM
Originally posted by only1mouse
We went during this time last year. It was busy, but not nearly what it's like in late June, July, or August. Also, I'm not sure but all the schools down there may not have let out yet at that time either (I live in Oregon).

I live here in SoCal and my two daughters are out of school on June 3rd and 4th. Also, my younger daughter is having her senior trip to Disneyland on the 4th.

I don't know if they're closing the park to the public that night or not, but it might be worth checking it out if that day is included in your trip.

Have a great time -

Kim

tod
02-24-2004, 01:02 PM
Be sure to bring a sweater, sweatshirt, windbreaker, some kind of coverup. I have seen many people over the years who fell for the "sunny Southern California" song and dance getting uncomfortably cold in the evenings because nobodty told them it cools off at night.

It's even worse if you are wearing a tank top and got sunburned during the day.

--T