PDA

View Full Version : Better to visit in March or April?

elke
02-20-2004, 02:51 PM
Hi,

we are disney novices looking for some disney experts's advice:

we are looking to either visit disneyland on sunday 3/7 or sunday 4/25. 3/6 the hotels are a little cheaper, but also 2 major rides are closed (indiana jones and big thunder). 4/25prices are up a little, but all rides would be open. Our biggest issue is to minimize crowds, maybe even if that means not all rides are open.
but, will maybe the remaining rides be really crowded when 2 major rides are closed? we would be visiting the california adventure land the saturday before with or so-cal pass (writing from san diego).

unfortunately, going on a weekday is not an option.

would greatly appreciate some expert advice!

Freerider127
02-20-2004, 03:02 PM
If it were me I would choose April, there really is nothing to do there right now Indys down, thunders down, pretty much everythings down and then the lines are outragous for Splash and Matterhorn, thats why I would choose April.

stitchlvr
02-20-2004, 03:36 PM
Depends on the ages of those who are going. If you are going with young children, March may be a better choice because there's plenty to do for the kids and smaller crowds are definitely better. If not, April would probably be the better bet, crowds or not.

Dlandmom
02-20-2004, 03:46 PM
I think Spring break is usually in mid March, if I recall correctly, in this area. If that's the case, you may want to go for late April, though March 6 may be early enough to avoid the crowds. I can't imagine it being THAT crowded in late April, though.

Students, please jump in and confirm.

Freerider127
02-21-2004, 08:32 AM
For me spring break is in mid April.

eor1222
02-21-2004, 08:46 AM
My wife and I are both teachers, and our spring breaks are happening during April as well (we work in different districts up here in the San Gabriel Valley). A few of the colleges (like Cal State LA) have their break in late March, but it looks like April might be the time to avoid.

Hope that's helpful.

Hamradio
02-21-2004, 05:23 PM
Opt for 4/25 - you'll miss Spring Break/Easter season by a couple of weeks and the attractions you want should be open. The massive summer hordes won't be in your way, either. Have a great trip!

Disneyfreak
02-21-2004, 08:18 PM
April 100% all the way.:) You dont realize how much these down attractions effect the amount of presence of people in the park. If you figure each major attraction holds about 5000 people per hour. If you multiply 5000 x 3 then you get 15000 people just walking about trying to ride other things. Therefore you get 200 min waits for splash mountain etc. So with 2 out of the 3 open in april, I would choose april.:)

Space Mountain
Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
Indiana Jones Adventure